Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
two sides just looking out for their own interest, ain't mad at all. But at the end of day, Stern is the top dog. Pop will bow down like a (#&*$ whether he likes it or not.

Last edited:
The Spurs competing tonight takes a lot of the wind out of Stern's sails. If they got blown out then that's another story but they didn't.

Worst case is Pop gets some BS fine, ESPN and NT talk about it for three days, then people move on and file it under Stern being on another power trip and be done with it.

What's a dude have to do to get one of those Lebron or Melo sized headbands?

No love for Brewer.

two sides just looking out for their own interest, ain't mad at all. But at the end of day, Stern is the top dog. Pop will bow down like a (#&*$ whether he likes it or not.

I normally don't side with Stern at all but here it makes 100% sense. From a financial standpoint (not to mention being a hardcore fan) , if I'm the CEO of a company I want the best product out there. The core of the NBA's business model as with all sports is viewership followed by sponsorship, especially on marquee nights like Thursday. Resting all five starters to make some sort of point means...what? You can bench one or two starters, you can send them all home on a non-national TV night, you can even have all of them dress up but not play them. But send the entire core lineup home? Y'all honestly would be ok with teams doing this on the reg when you have actual tickets to the game or have decided to watch games with buddies? Hell yea I'd be mad.

And please, let's not act like benching players at end of season is anywhere close to benching them at the start of the season. 1. players are nowhere near as fatigued 15 games into the season versus after 80 games; 2. the outcome of the season is not close to being settled

LeBron didn't even "try" or seem to be interested in playing the Spurs until the final five minutes, hence why the score was so close. Throughout the first three and a half quarters, dude didn't even want to bring the ball up court like he usually does. :lol: You could tell by the look of his face and body language during the game that he was just so bored and disengaged. On several occasions dude was just standing there after a missed shot looking at the ball bounce and not even go after the rebound. Pop is a great coach, but what he did - sitting your top 4 scorers vs the best team in the league on national television - was somewhat disrespectful and selfish to the NBA, Heat team, and the viewers. I mean, he could've at least played Danny Green. :lol: The fans want to watch a good game with all the stars in it, and teams want to play the best competition their opponents can offer. Tonight, you can clearly see that the energy was lacking for Miami. As a viewer, the first three and a half quarters were so boring that I also flipped between the college ball games and the NFL game despite me being a huge LeBron fan. You can clearly see that the effort was minimal on Miami's side.

From the few games so far this season, D. Wade is really stinking up the joint. Before the season started, he was like the projected sixth best player of the league. So far, he's not even in the Top 30, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom