Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMH at Stern punishing the Spurs for resting their players. :smh:
Because its a marquee matchup, you know Stern don't want to mess up his money. :smh: :smh:
Dude cares nothing about the game.

Stern is mad because Pop literally flew the players home before the end of a road trip. That's a violation of league policy. If they had been in Miami and sat on the bench, it wouldn't have been as big an issue. This goes beyond just declaring players inactive.

if GPop or the Spurs get fined 2 dollars, its 2 dollars too much. Pop did what he had to do for his team, not to mention 4 games in 5 nights is insane. and they were in it til the very end, its not like they got blown out by 30.
ive never been one to hate on stern, but this is going to be ridiculous.

Well boo-hoo for these millionaires playing 4 in 5 nights. Guess what? Everyone else does it.

Stern is mad because Pop literally flew the players home before the end of a road trip. That's a violation of league policy. If they had been in Miami and sat on the bench, it wouldn't have been as big an issue. This goes beyond just declaring players inactive.

so why did stern "apologized" to the fans then

Mike Conley is averaging 15 points and 6.5 assists this season, but he is one of the worst starting PG's in the league? And he has maintained that 6.5 apg stat for the last 3 seasons....where do you guys get this stuff?
That's b/c this board wanted people like Ramon Sessions and Kyle Lowry to be better than the guy.. And some thought Tyreke could run the point better..
Ahh.. yes Everyone must come full circle and finally realize he is in the 10-14 range of point guards.. Years of unwarranted hate now has ceased.. :smokin
Greatness!

Well boo-hoo for these millionaires playing 4 in 5 nights. Guess what? Everyone else does it.

its not very often a team other than an MLB team plays 4 games in 5 nights...

i see the point of flying them home vs. benching them. IMO it doesnt make a difference, but i guess to a lot of fans it would.

That's b/c this board wanted people like Ramon Sessions and Kyle Lowry to be better than the guy.. And some thought Tyreke could run the point better..
Ahh.. yes Everyone must come full circle and finally realize he is in the 10-14 range of point guards.. Years of unwarranted hate now has ceased.. :smokin
Greatness!
That's because he is.

frown.gif
TNT damn near made me cry right now

People saying that Stern did the right thing, I have a question for you:

Let's use an NFL example. Would you be okay with Roger Goodell fining the 49ers for Jim Harbaugh deciding to play Kaepernick instead of Alex Smith? After all, Smith has been the QB of the team for a while now. Not playing him could potentially hurt ratings among Niners fans... right?

Where do we draw the line? At what point does it become okay/not okay for the commissioner to tell coaches how to run their teams?

Heck, why even have coaches in the first place, if you're not going to allow them to do their jobs?

Last edited:
People saying that Stern did the right thing, I have a question for you:

Let's use an NFL example. Would you be okay with Roger Goodell fining the 49ers for Jim Harbaugh deciding to play Kaepernick instead of Alex Smith? After all, Smith has been the QB of the team for a while now. Not playing him could potentially hurt ratings among Niners fans... right?
Where do we draw the line? At what point does it become okay/not okay for the commissioner to tell coaches how to run their teams?
Heck, why even have coaches in the first place, if you're not going to allow them to do their jobs?

You absolutely cannot compare the NFL to the NBA.

^u right cus basketball is not a team sport. we wanna see manu, tim, tony n maybe a nbit of green vs. lebron, rigamortis wade, lebron n some ray allen threes. not spur vs. heat.

NBA is about stars.  One or 2 players can play huge part in a teams success.  Basketball is the team sport that an individual can have the biggest impact.  Football is the ultimate team sport and fans of football are loyal to the team.  You say "I'm going to see Cowboys vs ******** tonight" ...in the NBA alot of times people say "I'm going to Kobe" or "I'm going to see D.Rose". There's few real loyal fans outside of the major teams like LA, Boston, Knicks.  People in Minnesota, Orlando, Charlotte, etc. buy tickets to see the other teams stars.  Not to see "a good game".

^u right cus basketball is not a team sport. we wanna see manu, tim, tony n maybe a nbit of green vs. lebron, rigamortis wade, lebron n some ray allen threes. not spur vs. heat.
NBA is about stars.  One or 2 players can play huge part in a teams success.  Basketball is the team sport that an individual can have the biggest impact.  Football is the ultimate team sport and fans of football are loyal to the team.  You say "I'm going to see Cowboys vs ******** tonight" ...in the NBA alot of times people say "I'm going to Kobe" or "I'm going to see D.Rose". There's few real loyal fans outside of the major teams like LA, Boston, Knicks.  People in Minnesota, Orlando, Charlotte, etc. buy tickets to see the other teams stars.  Not to see "a good game".
So the goal of the NBA is to promote individual players? Then why even have coaches in the first place?

If the NBA's priority is to promote individual star players, it doesn't make sense to employ someone whose job is solely to promote team success (i.e. a coach). Seems pretty stupid to hire someone and then tell them they can't do the job they were hired to do.

Last edited:
So the goal of the NBA is to promote individual players? Then why even have coaches in the first place?

If the NBA's priority is to promote individual star players, it doesn't make sense to employ someone whose job is solely to promote team success (i.e. a coach). Seems pretty stupid to hire someone and then tell them they can't do the job they were hired to do.
My dude you are trying tooooo hard. 

Yes the NBA promotes and markets individual players.  We all know this.  This is fact. Pop has been allowed to do his job.  He actually did a great job tonight.  His job is substitutions, play calls, and gamesmanship.  Thats why he's there.  If a coach has GM responsibilities then that's his job too.  Stern hasn't limited any of those "rights"

If you are healthy you play.  The league has been ok with teams doing this before playoffs or at the end of the season.  But in Dec where every team is still technically in the race for the playoffs you dont do that.

Playing and coaching in the NBA is a privilege.  Don't mess with the intergrity or quality of the product.  Don't send 5 healthy players home and cause them to miss a game on National TV.  Theres a respect thing. 

Lets say your boss lets anybody who wants to leave work 45 mins early on Fridays.  Some people do it.  Some people don't.  Its not a big issue because its just some Fridays.  Then this one Friday your boss's boss is there to look over the place.  It would be in poor taste for 3 of you guys to walkout and leave early in front of the big boss.  It makes your boss look bad and it makes you guys look bad.  Why not just suck it up this one Friday and stay until the real time to show your boss respect.  I mean he has been letting you guys leave early on other Fridays right?  But NOOO you had to make him look bad and now he has to put in writing some rule about leaving early because of people took advantage of the favor.

Last edited:
I'm not even as mad about this as I was last night. As long as this doesnt set the precedent for something worse then I'm fine. Let Stern have his power trip this one time and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom