Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was to show where other top 10 NBA players in PPG points were from.

830 of Lebron's 1354 shots were 10 ft or closer to the rim. Thats 61 pct...not far off from 70 pct.....ACBboyz wasnt talking crazy.

He said layups and dunks. If we're counting 10 feet as a layup, that's news to me.

Just because he takes off from outside the restricted zone, doesn't mean it's not a shot at the rim or a layup.

Hollins, Karl, Joerger and Gentry all have the same agent as well. :lol:

In that case, I expect Joerger to take the Memphis job, Hollins to go to the Nuggets and Karl to possibly go to the Clippers if Shaw does not get the job.

Last edited:
The other thing that's funny is acting like getting to the rim is a bad thing. Layups/dunks and free throws are the most efficient shots in basketball.

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TRY TO GET TO THE DAMN RIM. 
laugh.gif

19% of his field goal attempts this year were threes. Let's pick a random player, like oh I don't know, Kobe. For his career, 20% of his field goal attempts have been threes.

lol.random player
it is not always Kobe stans that bring up Kobe :smh:

That does not negate the fact that Lebron takes 61% of his shots from closer than midrange. Probably even greater if you count the shots when he was fouled which is almost near the basket.

The other thing that's funny is acting like getting to the rim is a bad thing. Layups/dunks and free throws are the most efficient shots in basketball.

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TRY TO GET TO THE DAMN RIM. :lol:
This is my favorite thing ever in recent years.

Midrange jumpers are the worst shot in basketball. Go get a layup or take two steps back and get an extra point.

more fallout from the Karl firing:

The Nuggets front office and George Karl were split on their opinion of JaVale McGee, and that contributed to his dismissal, sources told Fox Sports Florida.

Karl reportedly refused to start McGee and management also blamed him for losing the series against the Warriors. Additionally, management blamed Karl for playing Andre Miller too much and not properly developing Evan Fournier.

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TRY TO GET TO THE DAMN RIM. :lol:

Who is acting like getting to the rim is a bad thing? So saying that Lebron shoots mostly close the the rim is the same thing as saying that those shots are bad?

Maybe you just think that it is a bad thing to criticize lebron?

Boggles my ******g mind :lol: but no, let's praise the players taking the much tougher shots because they prefer to run the shot clock down and not attack. Then, let's go criticize the players who are doing the work to get to the basket and either get their team and easy bucket or draw the defenders in for a kick out.

Chief, are you drunk? You're co-signing a guy killing Bron for getting shots at the rim and praising Melo for getting 50 on jumpers alone.

Last edited:

Where did ACBboyz say it was bad?

I didn't see him saying that, he just stated an observation that was pretty damn accurate

Last edited:
We all know ACBoyz and knightingale's agenda.

Oh look Lebron gets layups, how hard are layups, blah blah blah, refs are helping, blah blah. We all know their shtick.

So a 10 foot shot is the same as a lay-up?  By that logic, if he's so close to the basket, why doesn't he just go and the lay the ball up?  According to the brain trust, he's basically right there!

Bottom line, it's an idiotic notion that a contested (yes, his mid-range shots are usually contested) shot from 10 feet is the same as a transition lay-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom