Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Karl fan either, but to play the devil's advocate, when has he ever had the Championship personnel?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 35m
One source close to process says "trade" between Denver and Memphis is now conceivable where Karl takes over Grizz and Hollins joins Nuggets

Clippers need to give Shaw that job.

Mind boggled as to how he still hasn't gotten a HC gig yet bums who have failed get hired time and time again

So if you win coach of year in the NBA; chances are your job won't be secure soon afterwards.... :lol:

Last edited:
Clippers need to give Shaw that job.

Mind boggled as to how he still hasn't gotten a HC gig yet bums who have failed get hired time and time again

That's what I want to happen. I'm over the re-tread approach. I'd rather give some new blood a chance (and by that I mean a guy who hasn't had head coaching experience before). Its worked out well for Chicago, Indiana and Golden State recently.

He took that same team to the Finals in 96. If Jordan retires a couple years earlier, Karl would have a ring.

But, I was speaking more recently.

The Nuggets team with Chauncey, Melo, K-Mart and Nene was pretty talented. But probably not more overall talented than the Lakers. So, Karl probably should have gotten further with that team than he did, but its doubtful they would have got out of the West anyway.

I'm not a Karl fan either, but to play the devil's advocate, when has he ever had the Championship personnel?

Who's asking him for a title tho?

Can he get to the 2nd round more than once per decade, please? He's had enough talent to AT LEAST do that.

So if you win coach of year in the NBA; chances are your job won't be secure soon afterwards....
laugh.gif
See Hubie Brown, Avery Johnson, Sam Mitchell 
eek.gif
roll.gif
, Byron Scott

those dudes all got canned within a year of winning the award 
laugh.gif

It's the right move for Denver. Karl gotta be the most overrated coach in the league. Interested who they hire though

At the rate he's improving, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he shot 65% from the field in a season. It's astonishing how much better his shot has gotten.

Don't let the stat fool you. 70% of that total FG are layups and easy dunks in transition.

Lebron ain't making more than 4 shots in a three point contest.

I know no one should take anything you say seriously... but it's hard to ignore.

That's a shot distribution chart, it shows where Lebron took his shots this season. Strange that it doesn't matchup with your "70% easy dunks and layups" stat.

ACBboyz was a little off base but he wasn't talking foolishly at all.

Look at the Heat Maps on the following pages....Sorry I don't know how to put the graphs directly on here.

Lebron Heat Map

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/shooting/2013/

Durant Heat Map

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01/shooting/2013/

Melo Heat Map

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01/shooting/2013/

Kobe Heat Map

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01/shooting/2013/

Harden Heat Map

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01/shooting/2013/

Westbrook Heat Map

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01/shooting/2013/

I've never realized the hate CP had for Georgre Karl :rofl:
I'm with most of you guys. Stop with the recycling of coaches that at the 2 previous spots haven't worked out. But as a Wolves fan I appreciate having Adeleman though :lol:

Reading all the Finals info on Grantland has me more excited for a series like never before.

Last edited:
I've never realized the hate CP had for Georgre Karl
roll.gif

I'm with most of you guys. Stop with the recycling of coaches that at the 2 previous spots haven't worked out. But as a Wolves fan I appreciate having Adeleman though
laugh.gif

Reading all the Finals info on Grantland has me more excited for a series like never before.
I don't think there is any non-Lakers great, that CP doesn't hate. He'll find some way to hate on that person 
laugh.gif

Jason Kidd- "oh his son's head is too big"

Billups- "Mr Big Shot? SHOT, as in he made one big shot. TERRIBLE NICKNAME ARGGGGHHH"

Hakeem Olajuwon- "He never beat Jordan"

Jordan- "His shoes ain't all that anyways"

Auerbach- "Did you youngins even see the teams he had?? Because I sure did, and they weren't even fair."

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I know no one should take anything you say seriously... but it's hard to ignore.

That's a shot distribution chart, it shows where Lebron took his shots this season. Strange that it doesn't matchup with your "70% easy dunks and layups" stat.

Nope. I wasn't far off. Looking at the chart. 52% of Lebron points are near the rim and at freethrow. Which are easy layup/dunk or in transition fast break point. Im i right?

lol more than half of Lebron points are from near rim or freethrow.. And you know the refs had lot of assists in those freethrow area :pimp:

Thanks for agreeing.

Last edited:

So Lebron only shoots 3's from the corners and top of the key?

Nope. I wasn't far off. Looking at the chart. 51% of Lebron points are near the rim and at freethrow. Which are easy layup/dunk or in transition fast break point. Im i right?

lol half of Lebron points are from near rim or freethrow.. And you know refs has lot of assists in those freethrows area :pimp:

Shots at the free throw line are layups now? Brilliant.

Combined layups, tip ins, dunks, for Lebron James in the regular season this year is 38% of his total shots.
http://www.basketball-reference.com...layer_id=jamesle01&year_id=2013&is_playoffs=0

You said 70%. You're wrong. And you've use your trollish powers to trick me into using logic, facts, and proper punctuation... well done.

ACBboyz was a little off base but he wasn't talking foolishly at all.

Look at the Heat Maps on the following pages....Sorry I don't know how to put the graphs directly on here.

What do the heat maps of Westbrook and Harden have to do with Lebron?

A little off base is 5% off... maybe 10%. Lebron James took 40% of his shots in the restricted zone, not 70%. It's the same myth people are still clinging to because they're quickly running out of things to criticize on the court. "Oh but he can't hit a jump shot"... that's a flatout lie. "Oh but 70% of his shots come from layups and dunks". No, 40% of his points are scored in the restricted zone. A 30% difference, that's foolish talk.

Other guys made more 3's. Good for them. They also took more 3's. It's not a negative that Lebron has taken smarter shots. He's deadly at the rim, so I want him taking a lot of shots there. But it's a myth and a lie people keep spewing that "All he does is dunks and layups.. he can't hit a jumper". That's wrong.

Nuggets need a change. They been under GK forever. His departure seem right to me.

Hollin might get them to the next level. He's not a bad coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom