Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude should be the mascot for enjoying life... and probably try to get some type of STD removal cream endorsement too

lol the same dudes who were saying the heat wernt beating the pacers are now saying the heat arent beating the spurs. the heat could be playing the dam bobcats in a 7 game series and you guys would get creative in your mind to think of mismatches they would have against the heat and why there favorites.

:lol: with the amount of guarantees on the last 2 pages, you would think people were Stern or the refs

You're making my point for me. You going to just keep giving a pass to Pop, no matter what, even if it means losing with 2 or 3 HOFers to teams with no HOFers, or 1 HOFer is ok, no biggie, but Phil had more talent, soooooooo?

Ok, Phil had more talent than Pop did. But Pop doesn't just lose to Phil, he loses to Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins, Scott Brooks, Rick Carlisle.

So, you going to name all the talent on those coaches teams, and then explain why the Spurs would lose 4 straight to them, or 4 out of 5, with Homecourt most of those times?

Let me guess, Manu?

2 HOFers left on the roster wasn't enough to beat those teams, so that's why they lost?

All you're doing is helping my case, Spurs/Pop always get a pass, other teams get ridiculed for any misstep, but the Spurs are perfect. :rolleyes

:lol:

You're using the term Hall of Famers like Parker and Manu are a bonafide solid HOF type players when in reality they are about as fringe as it gets. If they are HOF type players then I can say a bunch of other players are too considering the other players have the same or better credentials.

The Suns team that Pop lost to had 3 HOF players....Steve Nash, Amare and Grant Hill not to mention Jason Richardson who was a 20 PPG scorer that postseason

The Scott Brooks series-OKC clearly had more talent and it would be good bet that they eventually have 3 guys from that team in the HOF.....Durant, Westbrook and Harden

2009- The Spurs were missing Manu. Its like you want Tim and Tony with a cast of 35 year Finley, Roger Mason, Fabrice Oberto to beat Dirk, Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Josh Howard, JJ Barea and Brandon Bass. Pop aint a damn magician.

lol the same dudes who were saying the heat wernt beating the pacers are now saying the heat arent beating the spurs. the heat could be playing the dam bobcats in a 7 game series and you guys would get creative in your mind to think of mismatches they would have against the heat and why there favorites.

Just to be 100% sure, you're not talking about me right?

Dude should be the mascot for enjoying life... and probably try to get some type of STD removal cream endorsement too
still can't believe we got him :pimp:

He prolly telling dwight he can have her if he comes to Houston :smokin

Dude a few posts up said amare, grant hill and j rich are hofers :lol: stop

Tony Parker is a lock for hof, no if ands or buts. Multiple all star seasons, Starting pg for 4 finals appearances, 3 victories and a finals MVP (which solidified his hof status).

This finals is a tough call; assuming the refs don't interfere with their nonsense,I could easily see either team taking it. it's interesting how we've never even seen the two teams play each other in their entirety.

I just can not see pop losing on the dance floor. Once you make it this far, it's different from 1st or second round exit.

I want to see spurs in 6, but realistically I see heat in 6. That athleticism from the heat is probably going to to kill them, just like the thunder did last year.

Last edited:
Hard to argue with CP when he's so clearly being objective.

02-03-Phil loses 4 out of 6 to Pop. Gets eliminated at home.
03-04. HC, Loses 4 out of 5 to Larry Brown. Basically got swept but kobe hit a kobe shot to win game 2.
05-06 Up 3-1 to an overrated Steve Nash (right?) and Mike D'Antoni. Phil proceeds to let his team lose the final 3 games including a 31-point debacle in game 7.
06-07 Against those same Steve Nash/D'Antoni-led Suns. Loses 4 out of 5. You never missed a moment to tell us how overrated Nash was by the way.
07-08 Loses to 4-2 to Doc Rivers. Lost game six by 39 points.
10-11 Gets swept by the Great Rick Carlisle including a 36 point loss in Game 4.

Not to mention He beat probably the worst team to ever represent the Eastern Conference in the Dwight-led Magic.
Beat the Celtics without Perkins.

It's easy to pick apart a coach's resume. Both coaches are great.

Fair points. So I can use my newfound Pop defenses right?

02-03, loses to Pop, without HC, and coming off 3 straight Finals runs, extra 60ish playoff games, had beaten the Spurs 8 times in 9 playoff games the two years prior. Out of gas. And Spurs, won the title
Lost to the Pistons, with HC, Pistons win the title. Karl Malone with the Manu excuse injury.
05-06, somehow got UP 3-1 with Smush, Kwame, and Luke, and up 3 in game 6 on the last possession, a miss, one rebound wins the series, annnnnnnnnd they don't get it. Sucks for us. Phil was a 7 seed this series, yes?
06-07, worst series for us in sometime. 7 seed, never had a chance. The Triangle took on new meaning. KwameSmushLuke could be one name.
08, lost to the champs, no HC, no Bynum, no Ariza, that's 40% of the starting lineup. I guess you're ok with that. Any team would win without HC with 2 starters missing, I feel ya.
2011, 3 Straight Finals runs, Kobe on fumes (Manu excuse) we did have HC tho, plus those extra 60+ playoff games in 3 years, Dallas had what, 10-15 playoff games the past 2 seasons? Oh and Mavs won the title. So, 4 of these 6 years, we lost to the champs of the league. Maybe Phil is overrated eh?

So does all this absolve our losses now like it does the Spurs? Works for them, can it work in our favor too? Or it's only excuses when Laker fans mention it? :nerd:

In 2004 lost 4-1 to the 6th best team in the NBA led by Chauncey Billups and Hamilton vs Kobe, Shaq and Gary Payton. Karl Malone was the Lakers 4th best player not their best player like Manu was. Great coaching job Phil

2006 lost 3 straight games to the Suns. Phil had prime Kobe and Lamar Odom who averaged 19 PPG that postseason.

2007- Phil had a prime Kobe and Lamar Odom who averaged 19 PPG again. Funny how you never mentioned Lamar, considering that he averaged 19 PPG both post seasons. But you love to talk about Smush Parker who was only playing 11 minutes per game that series.

2008- Ariza wasn't a starter that year and he played the whole Celtics series anyways. Yeah Phil lost Bynum but he was your 4th best player that year anyways.

2011- Kobe was on fumes that season?....... but yet he played in every game that season....Was 1st team All-NBA, 1st team All-Defensive team, 5th in the NBA in PPG and 4th in the NBA MVP voting but he was on fumes???????

But what about 2nd team All-NBA selection Pau Gasol and the 2011 Sixth Man of the year Lamar Odom?

Last edited:
Dude a few posts up said amare, grant hill and j rich are hofers :lol: stop

Tony Parker is a lock for hof, no if ands or buts. Multiple all star seasons, Starting pg for 4 finals appearances, 3 victories and a finals MVP (which solidified his hof status).

I didnt say Jason Richardson was a HOFer

But if Tony is bonafide HOFer based off the NBA accomplishments than Grant Hill and Amare are up there too.

Tony

1 NBA Finals MVP
5 All stars games
3 All-NBA selections

Grant Hill

1 Rookie of the Year
7 All Star games
5 All-NBA selections

Amare

1 Rookie of Year
6 All Star selections
5 All-NBA selections

The individual accomplishments look pretty damn even to me

Last edited:
I cant remember if you picked the pacers or not lol did you?

And you dont realize the Lakers got swept in the 1st rnd.

The bulls beat the heat 3-0 in 2011 and we see how that happen.

The Mavs beat the heat 2-0 in 2011 and we see how that happen. :lol: @ your grammar btw.

Anyways, heat in 5 if Lebron shows some mental toughness, heat in 6 if he can show just a little mental toughness, heat in 7 if he comes out like the fragile little ***** he is. Pacers are just a bad team, unless big Lance drops 30 a night, they're not winning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom