Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I feel like Lebron should have more than 1 ring by now?
laugh.gif

Still don't get how more people aren't talking about how this seasons Lakers were the most underachieving team in NBA HISTORY.

You have to some people 'arguably' the best player to ever play in Kobe Bryant. Then you have 2 Time MVP Nash. A dominant center in Dwight. Antawn Jameson as your 6th man. MWP as your main defender and Pau Gasol one of the best PFs of this decade.

You get Heat hate bc there series went 7 games vs the Pacers.

Pretty crazy.

Last edited:
CP also wants to act like Phil is such a better coach than Pop

Do you realize Phil Jackson never coached a season without a 1st team All-NBA selection?

Not to mention the 4 times, he had 2 players on the All-NBA 1st team!

Its a different type of coaching when you aren't handed talent like that

Phil wasn't doing a damn thing in that only Kobe era. If you gave Pop that roster with prime Kobe, he would find some way to win 50 games

This is a poor example you usin here man.

Pop could win 50, but Phil won 45, sooooooooo? Phil also came 1 rebound away from beating a heavily favored 2 seed with Luke, Kwame and Smush, and you think Pop was gonna do somethin with that, when he's lost plenty of series with 3 Hall of Famers on his team? Now you want to give him 3 scrubs and just pretend it's cool?

Handed talent like that? You over here actin like Pop hasn't coached David, Duncan, Parker or Manu in every single game he's ever coached. What are you doin right now man?

If you think Phil is a lesser coach, fine, all you have to do is point out 10 bad beats on Phil's resume like I did with Pop's. Show me the years that Phil lost to a team, that didn't go on to win the title, or at least make the Finals. Cuz I can help you quick. 11 Mavs, title. 08 Celtics, title. 04 Pistons, title. )3 Spurs, title. 95 Magic, Finals. 94 Knicks, Finals. 90 Pistons, Title.

The 2 marks you have, the Suns's series in 06 and 07. Again, Kwame, Smush, Luke. That's it. 20+ years coaching, his 2 beats that look funny, he was the 7 seed in both losses, and undermanned big time. All the rest of his losses, the team that beat him went to the NBA Finals.

Mind showing me all the teams that beat Pop, like the Grizz, Suns, Mavs, etc that didn't make the Finals. Sure, he lost a couple to LA, and the Thunder went to the Finals, but he has plenty of other losses, why you focus on Phil's 2 series vs the Suns, and ignore those beats on Pop? Can you explain your reasoning on that to me please?

Still don't get how more people aren't talking about how this seasons Lakers were the most underachieving team in NBA HISTORY.

You have to some people 'arguably' the best player to ever play in Kobe Bryant. Then you have 2 Time MVP Nash. A dominant center in Dwight. Antawn Jameson as your 6th man. MWP as your main defender and Pau Gasol one of the best PFs of this decade.

Pretty crazy.

Because they were never complete (huge understatement btw) because of injuries. The times they were healthy together, they were legit.

Last edited:
I like Pop, HOFer, elite coach, but he's not God. That's all I'm saying. His hype outweighs his actual production. I don't mean to disrespect him, 4 titles is great, but he doesn't trump Phil or Riley or Red. Chuck Daly could make a claim.
l
I agree, very few coaches I'd take before him, but there are others I'd look at.

Everyone gives him credit, master tactician, so smartly rests his guys, lineups, rotations, adjustments, etc etc.

Well.......he was up 2-0 last year, lost 4 straight to Scott Brooks. Where the adjustments? Resting guys in November help? Had Homecourt advantage.

Year before that, he was a Manu miracle shot away from losing 4-1 to an 8 seed without Rudy Gay. He lost 4-2 with the Manu miracle. Had HC. Adjustments, rested vets?

2010, swept by Alvin Gentry. Another 4 straight L's. I forget who had HC. Maybe the Suns did.

Year before, 2 seed, HC, lost 4-1. Adjust, rest?

08, lost 4-1, again.

07, Horry hip check/suspension. They win that series without those suspensions?

2004, up 2-0, with HC, loses 4 straight. Adjust?

Lost 4-0 in 01, lost 4-1 in 2002. Master adjustments, rest? He had HC in BOTH series I believe.

Man, I dunno. He has titles, he deserves credit. But, that's A LOT of 0-4, 1-4 losses with homecourt and multiple hall of famers.

But I'm a hater for listing these facts I guess.

Iono.

CP is in here spewing hot garbage and lies
laugh.gif

Talking about how the 2013 Lakers couldve contended with the Spurs in they had all their players but then omits Manu hurt his elbow before the 2011 Memphis series and he was the Spurs best player that year.

2010- Talking about how the Spurs choked but omits that the Spurs were a 7th seed beat the 2nd seed Mavericks. The Suns were a 3 seed, so I don't know how that's choking

2009-Manu missed the whole playoffs. They were a 3 seed not a 2

2008-They lost to a better team the 1 seed Lakers

2007-Thats just foolish, a total hater and hypocrite statement. This is the same man who raised holy hell when people like Xta mentioned the Kings refs debacle.
mean.gif

2004-Thats a legitimate letdown

2002-The Spurs didn't have Home Court. They were clearly overmatched by Kobe and Shaq. Their 2nd option was a 36 year old Robinson averaging 12 PPG.

2001- They did have HC but they were clearly over matched again by Kobe and Shaq. Duncan's top sidekick was Derek Anderson

This man is being a hater, pure and simple.

Pretty crazy.

I'll give you the fact that the lakers didnt deliver what was expected of them the beginning of the series but with the internal problems that d'antoni was having with some players and injuries they still looked promising before Kobe went down.

The heat 1.) defending champions 2.) best record in the NBA this season 3.) 2nd longest win streak in the NBA-this season 4.)4 time MVP.

How did the 4th seed pacers take them 7? P.S. without their best player??

No way the spurs win game 1 with all that time off. But I think they have a chance at winning the series. Def not the favorites and Duncan would have to hop in a time machine though

Once the lakers had to battle to even get in the playoffs they were already an afterthought. It's a huge disaster but it's been known how bad they are for so long people kind of just forgot about them.

Last edited:

I'll give you the fact that the lakers didnt deliver what was expected of them the beginning of the series but with the internal problems that d'antoni was having with some players and injuries they still looked promising before Kobe went down.

The heat 1.) defending champions 2.) best record in the NBA this season 3.) 2nd longest win streak in the NBA-this season 4.)4 time MVP.

The Pacers were the 3rd seed, and were clearly the second best team in the east throughout the playoffs. Basketball is also a game of matchups - Indiana matches up well against Miami. The Heat will have an easier time vs. the Spurs.

The Pacers were the 3rd seed, and were clearly the second best team in the east throughout the playoffs. Basketball is also a game of matchups - Indiana matches up well against Miami. The Heat will have an easier time vs. the Spurs.

You are completely right, they were the 3rd seed. But how do you figure they'll have an easier time against the spurs? Tim Duncan is a big man that can pass and operates in the mid post. Roy Hibbert was practice...

I kinda wish Westbrook didnt get injured
frown.gif

OKC/MIA rematch would've been amazing
i just dont see them getting out the west without harden or a legit 3rd scorer. bill simmons summed it up perfectly with the 86 rockets everybody knew they were going to be back in the finals but they never got back till 94

The Heat will have an easier time vs. the Spurs.

Really? How do you figure?

i just dont see them getting out the west without harden or a legit 3rd scorer. bill simmons summed it up perfectly with the 86 rockets everybody knew they were going to be back in the finals but they never got back till 94
you do know that ALOT was going on behind the scenes with those 80s rockets teams right.. maybe you should look it up

then look at kd and westbrook, who by all reports, are both workout and basketball addicts.. (sidenote, i personally believe harden's off court stuff factored majorly into OKC's decision to trade him)

CP also wants to act like Phil is such a better coach than Pop

Do you realize Phil Jackson never coached a season without a 1st team All-NBA selection?

Not to mention the 4 times, he had 2 players on the All-NBA 1st team!

Its a different type of coaching when you aren't handed talent like that

Phil wasn't doing a damn thing in that only Kobe era. If you gave Pop that roster with prime Kobe, he would find some way to win 50 games

Handed talent like that? You over here actin like Pop hasn't coached David, Duncan, Parker or Manu in every single game he's ever coached.

?

This answers your question.....Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, Gasol and Rodman are better than those 3, you named no matter how you try to spin it.

Phil simply had better players. Nobody's taking Pop guys over Phils guys.....Nobody

You're making my point for me. You going to just keep giving a pass to Pop, no matter what, even if it means losing with 2 or 3 HOFers to teams with no HOFers, or 1 HOFer is ok, no biggie, but Phil had more talent, soooooooo?

Ok, Phil had more talent than Pop did. But Pop doesn't just lose to Phil, he loses to Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins, Scott Brooks, Rick Carlisle.

So, you going to name all the talent on those coaches teams, and then explain why the Spurs would lose 4 straight to them, or 4 out of 5, with Homecourt most of those times?

Let me guess, Manu?

2 HOFers left on the roster wasn't enough to beat those teams, so that's why they lost?

All you're doing is helping my case, Spurs/Pop always get a pass, other teams get ridiculed for any misstep, but the Spurs are perfect. :rolleyes

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande 12m
Dwyane Wade just called out a reporter for what the reporter was wearing. Think about that.

:lol:

I don't know Why People Continue to think that The Heat will have an easier Time against the Spurs than the Pacers... The Pacers showed that good defense, Good rebounding, and smart play could slow them down... this is what the Spurs Excel in. they also have one of the Best decision making PG's in the League and one who is SUPERB at finishing around the basket against A TEAM THAT HAS one RIM DEFENDER.

Add in that the heat will have two games at home to start then three straight in S.A..... Imo they drop one in MIA this series is done in 6 for the Spurs.

Hard to argue with CP when he's so clearly being objective.

02-03-Phil loses 4 out of 6 to Pop. Gets eliminated at home.
03-04. HC, Loses 4 out of 5 to Larry Brown. Basically got swept but kobe hit a kobe shot to win game 2.
05-06 Up 3-1 to an overrated Steve Nash (right?) and Mike D'Antoni. Phil proceeds to let his team lose the final 3 games including a 31-point debacle in game 7.
06-07 Against those same Steve Nash/D'Antoni-led Suns. Loses 4 out of 5. You never missed a moment to tell us how overrated Nash was by the way.
07-08 Loses to 4-2 to Doc Rivers. Lost game six by 39 points.
10-11 Gets swept by the Great Rick Carlisle including a 36 point loss in Game 4.

Not to mention He beat probably the worst team to ever represent the Eastern Conference in the Dwight-led Magic.
Beat the Celtics without Perkins.

It's easy to pick apart a coach's resume. Both coaches are great.

I don't know Why People Continue to think that The Heat will have an easier Time against the Spurs than the Pacers... The Pacers showed that good defense, Good rebounding, and smart play could slow them down... this is what the Spurs Excel in. they also have one of the Best decision making PG's in the League and one who is SUPERB at finishing around the basket against A TEAM THAT HAS one RIM DEFENDER.

Add in that the heat will have two games at home to start then three straight in S.A..... Imo they drop one in MIA this series is done in 6 for the Spurs.
Not underestimating the spurs at all, but Lebron is too much for the spurs.. If Bosh decides to show up, and Battier/Ray shoots it well from beyond the arc, then it really will be a lopsided series...I just don't see anyone stopping LBJ from the spurs, and no Kawhi ain't touching him
laugh.gif

you do know that ALOT was going on behind the scenes with those 80s rockets teams right.. maybe you should look it up

then look at kd and westbrook, who by all reports, are both workout and basketball addicts.. (sidenote, i personally believe harden's off court stuff factored majorly into OKC's decision to trade him)
naw news to me what were they doing ? i will always go with that they made the wrong selection with serge over james, its way more easier to find somebody that provides what ibaka does than harden ( kenyon, bird man,) also it makes me sick that dudes literally stole a team but dont want to pay now to keep them in title contention. harden,westbrook,durant was a deadly combo through in some big men and a vet every other year and your good for the next 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom