Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Miami beat a 8 seed, another team whose 2 best players didn't log a minute, and another team with arguably the worst bench in the league. So yea Miami's run hasn't been stellar as well.

It can go both ways.
but everyone finds ways to discredit the heat, it happens to all great teams except the spurs which is CP's point

Correct.

Listen to some media tell it, 99, 03, 05, 07 and this season are all back to back etc within the same decade.

2013 Spurs winning and tying that to 99 is equivalent to the Bulls winning it all this year and tying it to the 98 Bulls.

Or the 2000 Lakers being the same title group as the 88 Lakers.

These are NOT the same cores. Only 1 player remains, but media types lead us to think this team been runnin the NBA for 15 years. But look at the list of BAD losses they've piled up, media don't eem mention those. Why? They do every other team.

Hell, they still bring up 2011 to this Heat team. They brought up the 04 Lakers ALL year. Why I can't hear about those 01 Spurs, or the 09 Spurs, the 2011 Spurs, etc?

at the end of the days..... lets just say the Spurs aren't exactly who the biased media thinks they are (channeling my inner Dennis Green)

and the Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise of all time 
nerd.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="rck2sactown"]at the end of the days..... lets just say the Spurs aren't exactly who the biased media thinks they are (channeling my inner Dennis Green)

and the Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise of all time 
nerd.gif
[/quote]*application: back under review*

In the end, nice to chop it up about the Spurs without getting shot in the face with a tank.

I know that I've spoken like they aren't ****, but I truly don't want to come off that way. They are a great org, have had a solid run, great coach, great players, they just aren't as pearly white as some media types make them out to be. That's all I was getting at.

Glad none of you slit my throat or hired OJ to come after me or anything. :lol:

Hope we get a great all timer type series.

for all the people that bring up the spurs going 4/4 and bulls going 6/6

IF the spurs were to say beat the lakers one of those years and go on to lose in the finals, would 4/5 be worse than 4/4?

i never understood this logic, i dont see how losing in the 1st/2nd/3rd round and not making the finals is better than making the finals but losing (still get to hang your banner for that) just so you can maintain a perfect finals record

In the end, nice to chop it up about the Spurs without getting shot in the face with a tank.

I know that I've spoken like they aren't ****, but I truly don't want to come off that way. They are a great org, have had a solid run, great coach, great players, they just aren't as pearly white as some media types make them out to be. That's all I was getting at.

Glad none of you slit my throat or hired OJ to come after me or anything.
laugh.gif

Hope we get a great all timer type series.
laugh.gif
 you definitely came off that way to me as an outsider reading into the convo.

But that last part is definitely what it boils down to, they are run pretty damn well, Pop is able to keep reinventing the team, from making it the Twin Towers, to Timmy's team, to a big 3 collabo, to Parker's team, doubt many coaches could do that and not many franchises/front office can successfully keep retooling a team since literally 97 when Duncan was drafted 
eek.gif
 (not taking shots, but the Lakers couldn't even do it, although they did  eventually retool but not without stumbling for a little bit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami needs to break their habit of expecting to flip the switch on a moments notice and become the aggressors. If they dictate pace and keep TP out the paint then I think they'll be fine. I can see why people are comparing '13 spurs to the '11 mavs (penetrating guards and supporting cast of shooters), but remember that NOBODY on the Heat could matchup with Dirk that series. Main difference this time around is Lebron. Question is, can he get wade and bosh going?

for all the people that bring up the spurs going 4/4 and bulls going 6/6

IF the spurs were to say beat the lakers one of those years and go on to lose in the finals, would 4/5 be worse than 4/4?

i never understood this logic, i dont see how losing in the 1st/2nd/3rd round and not making the finals is better than making the finals but losing (still get to hang your banner for that) just so you can maintain a perfect finals record
The only east team beating the Spurs would've been the '07-'08 Celtics, maybe an outside shot of Detroit in '04 but '05 went to Sam Antonio. To think that the 76ers or Nets could've done so is laughable.

Miami in 5. Tiago Splitter will be the X-factor. Norris & Mario are gonna get torched by Tony throughout the whole series. This is a bad matchup for San Antonio, though.

Last edited:
Miami in 5. Tiago Splitter will be the X-factor. Norris & Mario are gonna get torched by Tony throughout the whole series. This is a bad matchup for San Antonio, though.

Minus lebron of course, who's the bad match up? Your saying Miami is gonna take both at home, then beat SA 2/3 times on their home court? Lol

I like Pop, HOFer, elite coach, but he's not God. That's all I'm saying. His hype outweighs his actual production. I don't mean to disrespect him, 4 titles is great, but he doesn't trump Phil or Riley or Red. Chuck Daly could make a claim.
l
I agree, very few coaches I'd take before him, but there are others I'd look at.

Everyone gives him credit, master tactician, so smartly rests his guys, lineups, rotations, adjustments, etc etc.

Well.......he was up 2-0 last year, lost 4 straight to Scott Brooks. Where the adjustments? Resting guys in November help? Had Homecourt advantage.

Year before that, he was a Manu miracle shot away from losing 4-1 to an 8 seed without Rudy Gay. He lost 4-2 with the Manu miracle. Had HC. Adjustments, rested vets?

2010, swept by Alvin Gentry. Another 4 straight L's. I forget who had HC. Maybe the Suns did.

Year before, 2 seed, HC, lost 4-1. Adjust, rest?

08, lost 4-1, again.

07, Horry hip check/suspension. They win that series without those suspensions?

2004, up 2-0, with HC, loses 4 straight. Adjust?

Lost 4-0 in 01, lost 4-1 in 2002. Master adjustments, rest? He had HC in BOTH series I believe.

Man, I dunno. He has titles, he deserves credit. But, that's A LOT of 0-4, 1-4 losses with homecourt and multiple hall of famers.

But I'm a hater for listing these facts I guess.

Iono.

CP is in here spewing hot garbage and lies :lol:

Talking about how the 2013 Lakers couldve contended with the Spurs in they had all their players but then omits Manu hurt his elbow before the 2011 Memphis series and he was the Spurs best player that year.

2010- Talking about how the Spurs choked but omits that the Spurs were a 7th seed beat the 2nd seed Mavericks. The Suns were a 3 seed, so I don't know how that's choking

2009-Manu missed the whole playoffs. They were a 3 seed not a 2

2008-They lost to a better team the 1 seed Lakers

2007-Thats just foolish, a total hater and hypocrite statement. This is the same man who raised holy hell when people like Xta mentioned the Kings refs debacle. :smh:

2004-Thats a legitimate letdown

2002-The Spurs didn't have Home Court. They were clearly overmatched by Kobe and Shaq. Their 2nd option was a 36 year old Robinson averaging 12 PPG.

2001- They did have HC but they were clearly over matched again by Kobe and Shaq. Duncan's top sidekick was Derek Anderson

This man is being a hater, pure and simple.

Last edited:
2007-Thats just foolish, a total hater and hypocrite statement. This is the same man who raised holy hell when people like Xta mentioned the Kings refs debacle.
mean.gif

How DARE you!!!!!!

The Lakers were wronged that series, or at the very least got cheated equally as bad as the Kings that year.

Talking about how the 2013 Lakers couldve contended with the Spurs in they had all their players but then omits Manu hurt his elbow before the 2011 Memphis series and he was the Spurs best player that year.

2010- Talking about how the Spurs choked but omits that the Spurs were a 7th seed beat the 2nd seed Mavericks. The Suns were a 3 seed, so I don't know how that's choking

2007-Thats just foolish, a total hater and hypocrite statement. This is the same man who raised holy hell when people like Xta mentioned the Kings refs debacle. :smh:

2002-The Spurs didn't have Home Court. They were clearly overmatched by Kobe and Shaq. Their 2nd option was a 36 year old Robinson averaging 12 PPG.

2001- They did have HC but they were clearly over matched again by Kobe and Shaq. Duncan's top sidekick was Derek Anderson

Kinda felt like that wasn't the whole story, just didn't feel like doing the research :lol:.

CP also wants to act like Phil is such a better coach than Pop

Do you realize Phil Jackson never coached a season without a 1st team All-NBA selection?

Not to mention the 4 times, he had 2 players on the All-NBA 1st team!

Its a different type of coaching when you aren't handed talent like that

Phil wasn't doing a damn thing in that only Kobe era. If you gave Pop that roster with prime Kobe, he would find some way to win 50 games

Last edited:
I like Pop, HOFer, elite coach, but he's not God. That's all I'm saying. His hype outweighs his actual production. I don't mean to disrespect him, 4 titles is great, but he doesn't trump Phil or Riley or Red. Chuck Daly could make a claim.
l
I agree, very few coaches I'd take before him, but there are others I'd look at.

Everyone gives him credit, master tactician, so smartly rests his guys, lineups, rotations, adjustments, etc etc.

Well.......he was up 2-0 last year, lost 4 straight to Scott Brooks. Where the adjustments? Resting guys in November help? Had Homecourt advantage.

Year before that, he was a Manu miracle shot away from losing 4-1 to an 8 seed without Rudy Gay. He lost 4-2 with the Manu miracle. Had HC. Adjustments, rested vets?

2010, swept by Alvin Gentry. Another 4 straight L's. I forget who had HC. Maybe the Suns did.

Year before, 2 seed, HC, lost 4-1. Adjust, rest?

08, lost 4-1, again.

07, Horry hip check/suspension. They win that series without those suspensions?

2004, up 2-0, with HC, loses 4 straight. Adjust?

Lost 4-0 in 01, lost 4-1 in 2002. Master adjustments, rest? He had HC in BOTH series I believe.

Man, I dunno. He has titles, he deserves credit. But, that's A LOT of 0-4, 1-4 losses with homecourt and multiple hall of famers.

But I'm a hater for listing these facts I guess.

Iono.

First off, I truly did screw up the Spurs being a 2-3 seed in 09, I pride myself on being factual, I can't believe I screwed that up, my bad on that, so, does me being wrong, now change that the Spurs, with Homecourt got blitzed in 5 games, losing the last 3, with Mr wonderful adjustments and rest in November Pop? Does the fact change, or stay the same, just with different numbers and my own error?

Second, I did not ONE time, at all, use the word choke. ZERO. I said Pop, and his "great coaching resume" have a lot of bad beats. And I spoke on those. I pointed them out, NEVER did I say choke. Please do not put words in my mouth.

MMG/JJ Watt, last night I mentioned being called a hater, now you see why I mentioned that. :lol:

Now, I said I didn't know who had HC in the Suns series in 2010, I said I think Suns, still, Pop got drilled 4-0 by Alvin Gentry. Alot like losing 4 straight to Scott Brooks. Where are the adjustments?

Next, you really gonna point at Manu elbow this, Manu out that and want me to feel sorry for you?

Soooooooo, if I say, Kobe was injured in 2011, and had to replace his knee in Germany, change your opinion on 2011? Or we played 2008 Finals without Bynum and Ariza, you give us credit for that? How about the Celtics in 09, played without KG, and had two MASSIVE 7 game series that year. They played 14 playoff games, they didn't lose 4-1 or 4-0 to anybody, why can Pop and the Spurs be given that pass, but other teams are not given such luxuries?

What you just did is my whole point. Someone wants to excuse every single loss the Spurs/Pop has. Duncan too. People ***** up and down this board, Kobe lost this series, LeBron lost that series, Dirk lost this series, KG didn't do **** this series, but Tim Duncan, oh, he's undefeated. He's 4-0. Nobody can ever beat Tim Duncan and Pop in their primes. Only........I pointed out a whole bunch of instances. With HC. With 2-0 leads. But excuse this, and excuse that.

Why? Why the Spurs get that treatment?

So yeah, I'm a hater, and I made one mistake saying 2 seed instead of 3 seed, so everything else I typed must not be true then. Just sweep that all under the rug, Spurs > everybody else. MIB all those series losses I pointed out.

*shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom