Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all people, but a few of the those picking the Spurs trying to rationalize their picks.

Ya because picking the spurs is irrational

Don't trip I don't think anyone cares for that cd here so I'm just gonna take my giveaway to the music forum.

Ill stop mentioning it.

Na chill, that was my idea too! lol

Naw, it's not just him.

Look at Bill Simmons as an example. He goes on NATIONAL TV and says IF not for .4 and the Dirk 3 point play, Duncan/Pop would have won FIVE straight titles.

IF.

A team that never won 2 straight, just GIVEN 5 on some if type mess.

Yet, if I play Bills game, IF Horry's shot goes in in 2003, and IF Horry's shot does NOT go in in 2005, and IF Stern doesn't suspend the Suns........Spurs have 1 title, in a lockout shortened year vs an 8 seed.

Why didn't Bill mention those things, ya know what I mean? It's not even just Spur fans, it's everyone.

Iono, just things I wonder why the negatives never get brought up for some teams, but harped on hard for others. I'm just the guy pointing these things out.

Bill Simmons has consistently proven over and over again that he should not be an NBA analyst, the guy is borderline ******ed

i knew big j was a beckham kind of guy

We all should be

5996422_orig.jpeg

David-Beckham-GIF.gif

I'm biased but I've always said the 2011 Mavs were a great team.

People keep talking about destiny and the Heat choking but that team had the best record in the NBA when Dirk played and lost 5 total games in the playoffs.

They played the Heat 8 times that year and beat them 6 times. 3 straight to win the chip.

They swept the two time defending champions.

Til the day I die I'll maintain that if Tyson and JJ were brought back they could have repeated. Especially when you look at how old Boston took the Heat to 7.

God damn. Are you going to keep talking about that Mavs championship til the day you die? :lol:

BTW That mavs team only swept the Lakers because Kobe was playing with a bad knee and bad right ankle.

Could that '11 Mavs team still beat the '11 Lakers with a healthy Kobe playing? No doubt. But a sweep? Not a chance. Also keep in mind that the '11 Lakers was coming off 3 straight Finals. They were exhausted and lost that hunger they once had. The Mavs was more hungrier and took advantage of a tired team and an injured Kobe.

Stop fronting like the 11 Mavs was a super team. They were good but they also catch a lot of break.

Last edited:
I like Pop, HOFer, elite coach, but he's not God. That's all I'm saying. His hype outweighs his actual production. I don't mean to disrespect him, 4 titles is great, but he doesn't trump Phil or Riley or Red. Chuck Daly could make a claim.

People act like Pop never loses or some ****, thas all I'm sayin. I'm not sayin he's Vinny or anything. :lol:

so u are basically saying pop is overrated?

I like Pop, HOFer, elite coach, but he's not God. That's all I'm saying. His hype outweighs his actual production. I don't mean to disrespect him, 4 titles is great, but he doesn't trump Phil or Riley or Red. Chuck Daly could make a claim.

People act like Pop never loses or some ****, thas all I'm sayin. I'm not sayin he's Vinny or anything. :lol:

so u are basically saying pop is overrated?

No sir, not overrated. I don't want it to sound that heavy. I guess just splitting hairs in terms of what the perception of him is. Kinda hard to do that without me sounding like I'm bashing the guy. Not my intention.

50? :lol:

You all waaaay over with that mess. :lol:

CP dropping that knowledge. dude is one of the most knowledgeable nba fans ive come across. respect bruh.
It helps when you played football w/ Mike Ditka in college.

Just sayin'
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i knew big j was a beckham kind of guy
We all should be

5996422_orig.jpeg

David-Beckham-GIF.gif
I <3 Becks. Sad I don't get to go on my man dates with that dude any more 
mean.gif
 I swear he winked at me once when I threw a ball back to him that flew in to the crowd once for him to retake a corner 
laugh.gif

It helps when you played football w/ Mike Ditka in college.

Just sayin'
dude was doing write ups on sports BEFORE the internet.

think about it.
before the ******g internet he said 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In college tho, ****.
laugh.gif
I got at least a couple years on CP. Me and George Mikan used to run #%^* when we were in high school.
its you two mother ******* fault for coming up with the Mikan drill wasn't it!! Hated that stupid *** drill 
laugh.gif

I still do them to warm up when I haven't played for a few months 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
No sir, not overrated. I don't want it to sound that heavy. I guess just splitting hairs in terms of what the perception of him is. Kinda hard to do that without me sounding like I'm bashing the guy. Not my intention.

it sounds like you are though, regardless of how he got to those championships, he got them, the spurs have also been one of the model of consistency in the NBA.

and before you say well he had the General, TD , Parker and Manu, just cause you have great players dont always mean your going to get the job done.

not to mention the spurs ability to find these gems and make them play to their potential and fit in their system.

there is what? a handful of coaches you would take over him?

I know, I'm the bad guy for not hyping Pop and praising his every move. :lol:

I agree, very few coaches I'd take before him, but there are others I'd look at.

Everyone gives him credit, master tactician, so smartly rests his guys, lineups, rotations, adjustments, etc etc.

Well.......he was up 2-0 last year, lost 4 straight to Scott Brooks. Where the adjustments? Resting guys in November help? Had Homecourt advantage.

Year before that, he was a Manu miracle shot away from losing 4-1 to an 8 seed without Rudy Gay. He lost 4-2 with the Manu miracle. Had HC. Adjustments, rested vets?

2010, swept by Alvin Gentry. Another 4 straight L's. I forget who had HC. Maybe the Suns did.

Year before, 2 seed, HC, lost 4-1. Adjust, rest?

08, lost 4-1, again.

07, Horry hip check/suspension. They win that series without those suspensions?

2004, up 2-0, with HC, loses 4 straight. Adjust?

Lost 4-0 in 01, lost 4-1 in 2002. Master adjustments, rest? He had HC in BOTH series I believe.

Man, I dunno. He has titles, he deserves credit. But, that's A LOT of 0-4, 1-4 losses with homecourt and multiple hall of famers.

But I'm a hater for listing these facts I guess.

Iono.

True, but I hardly worry about what happened in our series this year. We had 3 players play all 4 games. :lol: Is what it is.

But hey, they beat the 7-6-5 seeds to the Finals, that should have prepped them for LeBron/Wade/Bosh. :lol:

[quote name="YoungTriz"]:lol: I like this new cp..[/quote]New? You must never have been in any discussions with him about the words 'Spurs' and 'dynasty'. [quote name="akajaedeuce"][quote name="L2B"]I'm wondering if anyone will even care. What do you think? Should I even do it? I feel like someone will just take the cd and sell it for a quick 5 bucks :rolleyes[/quote]it's a J.Cole CD...

so no.[/quote]Ruh-roh. :lol:

And Miami beat a 8 seed, another team whose 2 best players didn't log a minute, and another team with arguably the worst bench in the league. So yea Miami's run hasn't been stellar as well.

It can go both ways.

[quote name="YoungTriz"]:lol: I like this new cp..
New? You must never have been in any discussions with him about the words 'Spurs' and 'dynasty'. [quote name="akajaedeuce"][quote name="L2B"]I'm wondering if anyone will even care. What do you think? Should I even do it? I feel like someone will just take the cd and sell it for a quick 5 bucks :rolleyes[/quote]it's a J.Cole CD...

so no.[/quote]Ruh-roh. :lol:[/quote]
he's rooting for the heat :lol:.. i never had problems with CP... he can doo what he wants to doo..
we said if the heat doo win, we gonna go have some drinks...

Last edited:
[quote name="JJ Watt"]oh i never said you were a hater, its just hard to read someones intentions when it comes down to evaluating a franchise that just swept you :lol:

thats all.

i see the points that your making, but i rarely if ever hear this praise of pop as if he does no wrong.

i do believe he is a top tier coach for a number of factors obviously.
[/quote]Then don't.

Last edited:
And Miami beat a 8 seed, another team whose 2 best players didn't log a minute, and another team with arguably the worst bench in the league. So yea Miami's run hasn't been stellar as well.

It can go both ways.
but everyone finds ways to discredit the heat, it happens to all great teams except the spurs which is CP's point

its also interesting how lebron was called lebronze for all those years following the olympics when duncan was also on that team AND considered the better player at the time. but since hes immune to any blame people forget about him and go at "lebronze"

It can go both ways.

True.

May I?

Heat also come in having won 10 of the 11 series they've played since Bron/Bosh signed on. Including the Celtics twice, the Thunder, the MVP led Bulls, the Melo led Knicks, and a couple weaker teams you mentioned.

Spurs have beaten the Jazz, Clippers, KobeNashBlakeMeeksArtestless Lakers, Leeless Warriors and Grizzlies while being demolished by the Thunder and Grizz in 2011, with Homecourt in both those series.

It goes both ways tho.

I agree and I wouldn't use that pick apart what Miami has done this postseason just as SA's past failures shouldn't define what kind of team they've been during the Pop era.

I wasn't trying to knock Miami in any kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom