Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Popovich being undefeated in the Finals is NOT an advantage playing against the Miami Heat. It's irrelevant sir. Bill Belichek was 3-0 in Super Bowls before playing the NYG. That didn't help him.

It's about matchuppppppps. Bosh played like **** because he was going against a bigger Roy Hibbert. Duncan is a great player but he's not going to have the same effect Roy Hibbert had. Spurs don't rebound like the Pacers. The Spurs are nowhere near as good defensively as Indiana. On the flipside, Spurs are a much more efficient offensive team, so that's different.

Wipe away what you saw last series and see how these teams play against each other.

Let's be real for a second, if bosh and wade play like they should the heat will take this easy, 5 games max. that's what they're supposed to do with that roster. I expect bosh to step up, wade I still don't know how much he has left

Pop got his *** swept by Alvin Gentry. Guess watchin tape and creating matchups didn't apply in that series.

He got smoked out as a 1 seed in the first round by Lionel Hollins. Guess he ain't watch enough tape that series neither.

Rick Carlisle beat him down as a 7 seed in round 1.

Scott ******g Brooks worked his *** over last season after spotting Pop 2 games.

And Phil, well Phil always worked Pop over real good. :pimp:

None of those guys had LeBron, in his prime playing for them. (Phil being the closest) I think coach Spo will do just fine these next 2 weeks. I don't give a **** how much tape Pop watches, or how often he rests his soft *** players in December, none of that matters now.

Phil Jackson got swept by Rick Carlisle in the first round coming off of back to back championships, soooooo???...greatness is measured by longevity, something the spurs clearly have

It was the second round, coming off back to back to back trips to the Finals.

Pop been to 2 straight Finals? Coached a long damn time, multiple hall of famers under his wing the entire time, 2 straight Finals runs?

Phil, Spo, Sloan, Brown, Scott, have all done it in the time Pop has been coaching.

Say what you want about Pop, but he's undefeated on a championship level

Yup. He beat an 8 seed, a Nets team coming in for their second straight June run, a Pistons team on their second straight June run, and a pathetic Cavs team with 1 player.

Let's just go with championship level, not actually examine that level or anything. :lol:

This series is BY FARRRRRRRR the toughest matchup Pop/Duncan will have had. And Duncan is 37 so that excuse will get used quick when it plays out in the Heat's favor. If they win it, then by all means, they will be due their credit for this one. Those other 4, like one of them does anything for me, the beat of the 05 Pistons is a solid beat. Titles are titles, I know, they have their 4 and should be very happy and proud to have them, but to elevate them up like those 4 are the greatest 4 titles ever is a bit misleading. The 2011 Mavs title is more impressive than any of the Spur titles, nobody hypes Carlisle or Dirk as these unstoppable machines like how the Spurs are being hyped.

*shrugs*

Greg Popovich being undefeated in the Finals is NOT an advantage playing against the Miami Heat. It's irrelevant sir. Bill Belichek was 3-0 in Super Bowls before playing the NYG. That didn't help him.

Hey, logic.

Man if Carlisle could find ways to trap Lebron in the finals I can't imagine what Pop would do. I get the whole Kwahi guarding Bron thing but Pop ain't no fool either they try to contain Lebron and let the rest of the heat try to beat em it's a wrap for the Heat...I still got the Heat in 7 but Wade n Bosh gotta be consistent and I mean like gm 7 from the pacers series
Indy tried trapping Bron on the perimeter and laid off that real quick. Who's he going to be trapping Bron with, Parker/Manu ..Manu/Kawhi..Green/Kawhi ?

I think LeBron would gladly welcome that trap, so he can spray to his shooters. Somebody is getting that work on the blocks though. :lol:

It's about matchuppppppps. Bosh played like **** because he was going against a bigger Roy Hibbert. Duncan is a great player but he's not going to have the same effect Roy Hibbert had. Spurs don't rebound like the Pacers. The Spurs are nowhere near as good defensively as Indiana. On the flipside, Spurs are a much more efficient offensive team, so that's different.

Wipe away what you saw last series and see how these teams play against each other.

How am I supposed to wipe away both teams history's? That's how opinions are formed. If that was the case bobcats have a chance at the ship every year.

At 3-0, I would've took the pats team ten times over the giants. Stuff happens, which is why I expect spurs to win but wouldn't be surprised if the heat do.

Like you said, it's all about the match ups and who exploits what. I have the utmost confidence in pop as opposed to spoelstra.

At any rate, I'm glad it's fluid Convo and not personal attacks being made when there is opposing opinions. I'm ready for the series to start.

Carlisle also found ways to run traps on Bron when they were still getting used to playing together and Bron clearly was not right yet, and with no Ray Allen, Battier, Birdman on the roster.

2013 LeBron is also a lot better than 2011 LeBron.

And without Dirk in ridiculous God Mode, those traps wouldn't have meant a thing anyways. Dirk made up for a lot of stuff in that series.

Pop been to 2 straight Finals? Coached a long damn time, multiple hall of famers under his wing the entire time, 2 straight Finals runs?

Phil, Spo, Sloan, Brown, Scott, have all done it in the time Pop has been coaching.
Yup. He beat an 8 seed, a Nets team coming in for their second straight June run, a Pistons team on their second straight June run, and a pathetic Cavs team with 1 player.

Let's just go with championship level, not actually examine that level or anything. :lol:

This series is BY FARRRRRRRR the toughest matchup Pop/Duncan will have had. And Duncan is 37 so that excuse will get used quick when it plays out in the Heat's favor. If they win it, then by all means, they will be due their credit for this one. Those other 4, like one of them does anything for me, the beat of the 05 Pistons is a solid beat. Titles are titles, I know, they have their 4 and should be very happy and proud to have them, but to elevate them up like those 4 are the greatest 4 titles ever is a bit misleading. The 2011 Mavs title is more impressive than any of the Spur titles, nobody hypes Carlisle or Dirk as these unstoppable machines like how the Spurs are being hyped.

*shrugs*

Phil did get swept in the semis. *bows in repspect*

Don't trip I don't think anyone cares for that cd here so I'm just gonna take my giveaway to the music forum.

Ill stop mentioning it.

Yo LTB I think the idea is dope. Don't listen to everyone else cause regardless of the CD there is a lot of knowledgable info and healthy discussions going on in these NBA threads. Your doing a good service regardless what anyone thinks

Don't trip I don't think anyone cares for that cd here so I'm just gonna take my giveaway to the music forum.

Ill stop mentioning it.

Yo LTB I think the idea is dope. Don't listen to everyone else cause regardless of the CD there is a lot of knowledgable info and healthy discussions going on in these NBA threads. Your doing a good service regardless what anyone thinks

Appreciate that man.
Ima pm you. Ima do a different contest for a different idea now, but you can be a part of it.

If anyone In here is a JCole fan or interested in his new album PM me. Ill give you guys a chance to be a part of my contest for a copy of the new album coming out. But if you really don't care for it then just ignore and let those who are win.

I wanted to make it for this thread but it's obvious not enough people care for it as a prize here. So if you are let me know.

And Rck, I got you bro.

Last edited:
Pop got his *** swept by Alvin Gentry. Guess watchin tape and creating matchups didn't apply in that series.

He got smoked out as a 1 seed in the first round by Lionel Hollins. Guess he ain't watch enough tape that series neither.

Rick Carlisle beat him down as a 7 seed in round 1.

Scott ******g Brooks worked his *** over last season after spotting Pop 2 games.

And Phil, well Phil always worked Pop over real good. :pimp:

None of those guys had LeBron, in his prime playing for them. (Phil being the closest) I think coach Spo will do just fine these next 2 weeks. I don't give a **** how much tape Pop watches, or how often he rests his soft *** players in December, none of that matters now.

Phil Jackson got swept by Rick Carlisle in the first round coming off of back to back championships, soooooo???...greatness is measured by longevity, something the spurs clearly have

Say what you want about Pop, but he's undefeated on a championship level

*shrugs*

I'm biased but I've always said the 2011 Mavs were a great team.

People keep talking about destiny and the Heat choking but that team had the best record in the NBA when Dirk played and lost 5 total games in the playoffs.

They played the Heat 8 times that year and beat them 6 times. 3 straight to win the chip.

They swept the two time defending champions.

Til the day I die I'll maintain that if Tyson and JJ were brought back they could have repeated. Especially when you look at how old Boston took the Heat to 7.

Let's just go with championship level, not actually examine that level or anything.
laugh.gif

This series is BY FARRRRRRRR the toughest matchup Pop/Duncan will have had. 
And without Dirk in ridiculous God Mode, those traps wouldn't have meant a thing anyways. Dirk made up for a lot of stuff in that series.
even with my squad at the receiving end dirk was such a pleasure to watch 2011 playoffs...

bron will get his, try and shut everyone else down. would it be crazy to just let lebron do his thing and basically have him be a scorer rather than playmaker. if he gets 50 pts, so be it. make him a scorer and finisher everytime. make him hit jumpshots preferrably, but will he have stamina to attack the rim whole series. if he does, you just got to shake his hand.

interested to see how the spurs play as they are now underdogs in finals

Last edited:
spurs gonna need to do work on those high screens and keep this

a halfcourt series with ball movement , trapping lebron doesn't work

in 2013....dude is a borderline superhero ... you gotta let the supporting

cast step up and beat you because.

the thing i like about this series as opposed to both conference finals

series is once the pacers or grizzlies where down 18 , the game might

as well be over ...that's what made the spurs warriors an exciting series

both teams could come back from and 20 point deficit ....pacers and heat

game 7 was over in the 3rd quarter

Last edited: