Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the San Antonio Spurs become these giants that are all of a sudden unstoppable? :lol:

Its like Gregg Popovich has never lost before and Tim Duncan is 25 again listening to some you "analyze" the series.

Bottom line is Miami presents more matchup problems for San Antonio, not vice versa.

Before you guys even compare the Mavs of 2011 and the Spurs of today go ahead

and compare the rosters of the Heat first.

When did the San Antonio Spurs become these giants that are all of a sudden unstoppable?
laugh.gif

who called them unstoppable

im seeing more people leaning towards the heat

Last edited:
if i'm Riley or Micky Arrision, from this season forward i'm making it a priority to drastically reduce

Wade's minutes for the remainder of his career. 

Have him make a concentrated effort to improve that jumpshot and focus on perfecting his ball-handling.

that will be the difference between 4-5 more years of contention...or 1-2.

my guy is far from finished in this league and i stand by that.

if the aforementioned tasks can be accomplished

,he can still remain at least an 17-18 ppg type player.

Not all people, but a few of the those picking the Spurs trying to rationalize their picks.
Just something to think about but spurs haven't lost in their last 4 championship apperances, Lebron has only won 1out of 3. Obviously there's more that factors into it then that, but the numbers are there.

He hasn't. In the finals.

:lol: Ok man.

Look im not saying the Spurs cant win this series. But their past experiences aint got **** to do with this series IMO. A trophy won in 2003 or even 2007 ain't helping them gameplan any better.

A small number are making it seem like Gregg Popovich is this ultimate schemer who's had 10 days to prepare. Like it's going to completely change everything. Let's just see how things play out game to game.

Last edited:
My last time saying it...if you don't care then don't worry about it...but im givin regulars their opportunity.

If some of you NBA thread regulars who remember what I said I was going to do once the finals started, and are still interested, I would suggest you go to the NBA Finals Thread I made and make a specific prediction on the series. Regulars only, as in you guys who have been active in this thread before yesterday. I will know.

Pop got his *** swept by Alvin Gentry. Guess watchin tape and creating matchups didn't apply in that series.

He got smoked out as a 1 seed in the first round by Lionel Hollins. Guess he ain't watch enough tape that series neither.

Rick Carlisle beat him down as a 7 seed in round 1.

Scott ******g Brooks worked his *** over last season after spotting Pop 2 games.

And Phil, well Phil always worked Pop over real good. :pimp:

None of those guys had LeBron, in his prime playing for them. (Phil being the closest) I think coach Spo will do just fine these next 2 weeks. I don't give a **** how much tape Pop watches, or how often he rests his soft *** players in December, none of that matters now.

Pop got his *** swept by Alvin Gentry. Guess watchin tape and creating matchups didn't apply in that series.

He got smoked out as a 1 seed in the first round by Lionel Hollins. Guess he ain't watch enough tape that series neither.

Rick Carlisle beat him down as a 7 seed in round 1.

Scott ******g Brooks worked his *** over last season after spotting Pop 2 games.

And Phil, well Phil always worked Pop over real good. :pimp:

None of those guys had LeBron, in his prime playing for them. (Phil being the closest) I think coach Spo will do just fine these next 2 weeks. I don't give a **** how much tape Pop watches, or how often he rests his soft *** players in December, none of that matters now.

Phil Jackson got swept by Rick Carlisle in the first round coming off of back to back championships, soooooo???...greatness is measured by longevity, something the spurs clearly have

Last edited:
Contest.
Giveaway.
CD.

Is that clear enough? :lol:

I guess if that doesn't ring any bells then whatever I tried to get those regulars from that day in there before the cut off tonight when I announce it officially to everyone.

:lol: Ok man.

Look im not saying the Spurs cant win this series. But their past experiences aint got **** to do with this series IMO. A trophy won in 2003 or even 2007 ain't helping them gameplan any better.

A small number are making it seem like Gregg Popovich is this ultimate schemer who's had 10 days to prepare. Like it's going to completely change everything. Let's just see how things play out game to game.

Say what you want about Pop, but he's undefeated on a championship level. Not even Phil can say that. Before some counter argument is made that we had cakewalks to the ship, you could make the same for Miami.
Injuries happen, teams get hot and timing is everything.

With that said, as a spurs fan I'd like to have matched up with Indiana because it would've been the easier match up.

Nonetheless, knowing that we face Miami this is the Miami time I want to see. Albeit they won big that last game, that series could have gone either way. Wades aforementioned problems exist, Bosh is supposed to be inspired now (I guess game 7 facing elimination wasnt enough)
LeBron is going to be Lebron.
Role players for Miami have been struggling and ill take the spurs chances against them all day.

Which brings me to this, Lebron is great and I've always admired his skillset and I am fortunate to watch his career play out. However, he's not great enough to do it by himself and that's why he did this whole team up thing in the first place. If he carries his team to 4 straight victories he will forever have earned my respect, but I just don't see the spurs making the mistakes that a young Indiana team makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom