Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parkers getting trapped every time he runs a pick n roll, sameway they stopped nate, but the trap will atleast slow tp down

You just used TP and Nate in the same sentence. Stop.

this is how it usually goes with parker he balls out until he finally runs into someone (usually someone bigger and more athletic) and then pulls a disappearing act.  u guys are getting caught up with names and individual matchups while severely underestimating miamis perimeter defense as a team.  

i hope im wrong tho and tp gives em a fight cause thats pretty much san antonios only chance.   an efficient 40 a game lol that is rich

Whos bigger and more athletic tho? Lebron aint guarding TP, Wade would get destroyed, yall really got to realize that some players just dont get stopped.

If they trap Tony Parker those perimeter shooters will FEAST

pretty much

Man I'm enjoying this right now, this is the most NT has talked about the Spurs ever. Reading every post with a smile on my face, even the ones that say we're going to lose

that is assuming tony parker makes all the rights reads although id say its fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.  good point.

i think it's funny how everyone talks about who's checking duncan and parker? Who exactly will check the MVP of the league? i expect Miami to be able to dictate the pace this series unlike the Indiana series.

Whos bigger and more athletic tho? Lebron aint guarding TP, Wade would get destroyed, yall really got to realize that some players just dont get stopped.

cole and chalmers are both stronger than parker.  i do realize that some players just dont get stopped.  u need to realize that tony parker isnt one of those players.  

that is assuming tony parker makes all the rights reads although id say its fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.  good point.

cole and chalmers are both stronger than parker.  i do realize that some players just dont get stopped.  u need to realize that tony parker isnt one of those players.  

conley is a better defender than both cole and chalmers, thats my point, hes already faced better, and still got his. You have to realize that he is. In his own sense tho, hes not going to drop 30 and 10 a night, but he will control the pace and pick your team apart, and you cant stop him from doing that.

i said good point to marathon not u numb nuts

I know tough guy, it's just not often you see someone say good point to another person while engaged in debate. Especially on NT.

I love giving people their props when they make a good point whether they agree with me or not. That's the beauty of mature sports discussion.

First take and other shows got people's head ****** up.

i think it's funny how everyone talks about who's checking duncan and parker? Who exactly will check the MVP of the league? i expect Miami to be able to dictate the pace this series unlike the Indiana series.

Nobody is gonna be able to "check" lebron. He'll fill his stat sheet as usual but his supporting cast just clearly aren't ready. You play the bucks the first series, pick on an injured Chicago second series and barely beat the 4th seed pacers (who shoulda of won the series if Paul George didnt have a brain fart in the last seconds of game 1). The spurs are the only championship caliber team they are playing this post season. And they're fresh off a conference SWEEP. Lebron will still be the best player in the league if they lose but don't be surprised if he pulls a John Lennon on the HEATles

Hey_

Can't help but wonder what Pop has been cookin' up...

Julius F. Wrek

Yeah i feel the same way about Saban you can't give him time to figure out something.

But this is the first time their facing THE best player in the league and I don't think they have enough guys who can stop Bron from getting to the rim. If Duncan or Splitter gets in foul trouble Bron eyes will light up seeing Diaw and Bonner. And I don't think the Spurs can limit Battier, Rio, Allen, Mike, and now Bosh from 3.

I just see Miami just overpowering them.

It's really all gonna depend on Wade. If he feels like playing worth a ****, the Spurs are done. Danny Green and Kawhi are not tryin to mess around with Bron and Wade on offense. Those two can't even dribble, much less do it with Bron and Wade houndin them.

Ray will have one of them runnin around behind him, possibly Manu, Shane will get to play in this series now, Bosh will get to play down low more, but not as much as his Toronto days or anything, but Duncan can't go 40 minutes a night, so Bosh should get plenty of time on the court without Duncan in there, and Spitter is nothing but a pick setter/se3mi rebounder, Bosh don't even have to guard that guy. Haslem, Bosh, Bird can all take turns/fouls on Duncan, wear him down over the course of the series, and I suspect Bron will get minutes late here and there on Duncan as well. (if Bron fronts Duncan, Parker or Manu will have to lob in entry passes or swing to the top of the circle, Wade/Battier/Chalmers can cut those passing lanes and get turnovers.

All the matchups favor Miami outside of Parker, and even he will have 6-7 different guys defending him in waves. If he has any sort of off night, that game is a wrap. Parker has to play lights out for them to beat the Heat. It's just like Indy, they can play a great game and barely win, Miami can play poorly and still win. Any game that Miami plays well, active, focused, hustling, and the Heat will win with ease.

Heat in 5.

I suppose, the more feasible pick would be in 6, winning on their home floor rather than winning twice in San An, but I see the Spurs losing confidence once they get a full look at the Heat roster.

As was said on Twitter last night, the Thunder waxed the Spurs with their elite speed all over the floor, the Heat are better than what the Thunder were speed wise. That's a bad matchup for SA.

Yeah i feel the same way about Saban you can't give him time to figure out something.

But this is the first time their facing THE best player in the league and I don't think they have enough guys who can stop Bron from getting to the rim. If Duncan or Splitter gets in foul trouble Bron eyes will light up seeing Diaw and Bonner. And I don't think the Spurs can limit Battier, Rio, Allen, Mike, and now Bosh from 3.

I just see Miami just overpowering them.

You're making it sound like the spurs are going to get swept and lose by 20+ every game.

It's really all gonna depend on Wade. If he feels like playing worth a ****, the Spurs are done. Danny Green and Kawhi are not tryin to mess around with Bron and Wade on offense. Those two can't even dribble, much less do it with Bron and Wade houndin them.

Ray will have one of them runnin around behind him, possibly Manu, Shane will get to play in this series now, Bosh will get to play down low more, but not as much as his Toronto days or anything, but Duncan can't go 40 minutes a night, so Bosh should get plenty of time on the court without Duncan in there, and Spitter is nothing but a pick setter/se3mi rebounder, Bosh don't even have to guard that guy. Haslem, Bosh, Bird can all take turns/fouls on Duncan, wear him down over the course of the series, and I suspect Bron will get minutes late here and there on Duncan as well. (if Bron fronts Duncan, Parker or Manu will have to lob in entry passes or swing to the top of the circle, Wade/Battier/Chalmers can cut those passing lanes and get turnovers.

All the matchups favor Miami outside of Parker, and even he will have 6-7 different guys defending him in waves. If he has any sort of off night, that game is a wrap. Parker has to play lights out for them to beat the Heat. It's just like Indy, they can play a great game and barely win, Miami can play poorly and still win. Any game that Miami plays well, active, focused, hustling, and the Heat will win with ease.

Heat in 5.

I suppose, the more feasible pick would be in 6, winning on their home floor rather than winning twice in San An, but I see the Spurs losing confidence once they get a full look at the Heat roster.

As was said on Twitter last night, the Thunder waxed the Spurs with their elite speed all over the floor, the Heat are better than what the Thunder were speed wise. That's a bad matchup for SA.

The heat this year are NOT better than the thunder were last year SPEED wise, wade being crippled has really toned down their transition offense, Westbrook is top 3 fastest players in the NBA. Obviously LeBron is still LeBron, but outside of that, they're not the same team they were 2 years ago in transition.

Edit- The timmy/bosh match-up definitely favors Timmy.

Last edited:

Heat in 5.

good point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom