Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct^^ but......I have to double check...but im almost certain lionel hollins ran tony allen and tayshaun on parker as well..whom are both long and athletic. Ill check the breakdowns from the memphis series..pop HAS to be scheming for that..
He did but it was at the sacrifice of their scoring ability. Cole is going to get into Parker's chest again. :pimp:

Last edited:
Stan is the most overused term on this forum. These days, if you just like or even just show respect for a player you're automatically labeled a Stan.

While I agree that Stan is overused, I think "rustled jimmies" and its various other forms is right up there with it. I don't like either term, but not as bad as I dislike "butthurt." That has to be the worst popular slang term out there these days.

can't wait for this series to start. Bron looking to get even with the spurs. Best believe he ain't forgot about the sweep :lol:
As Reggie Miller have said, the blueprint for Popovich has been laid out: punish the heat down low!
The blueprint was laid when Riley never signed a center in 2011. Indy didn't expose anything new.

But only a handful of teams beat you up on the glass and run the offense primarily through their big men. San Antonio isn't one of those teams

Why does he?

Why doesnt he?

Id like to hear both..

Got a homeboy who's big on the Mac, but Im a Kobe guy, so thats where that ends.Those 2 had some battles back in the day, and it was beautiful..
Healthy TMAC couldn't lead his teams out the first round of the playoffs. What the YouTube highlights of TMac don't show is him choking late in games and having complete meltdowns in the course of the season. He refused to play in a Allstar game one year because he said he didn't feel safe. His mental toughness wasn't there. Penny>TMAC

Say what you want about Duncan and Splittler, the San Antonio Spurs are a perimeter oriented team. They dont play thru the low post and get a bunch of offensive rebounds like the Indiana Pacers.

Its a completely different matchup. They're a pick and roll team that moves the ball around the perimeter and shoot alot of threes. Top 7 in Assists and 3P Attempted.

I don't know if that plays into Miami's hands but it wont look anything like the ECF series.

100%

You people do realize Indiana was a fair worse matchup for the Heat than the Spurs...the Heat defense is a nightmare for what the Spurs try to do offensively. Danny Green and Kawhi will be swallowed up. Going to take a monster series from Parker/Duncan for the Spurs to win.

Gonna have to disagree with you here. The spurs move the ball better than any team in the league. I'd love to see what happens if they try to double TD on the post or trap someone in the corner. 3's will rain.

i hope im wrong cause i hate the heat as much as anyone on here but i just feel like those of u banking on tony parker going ham against this miami team are in for a rude awakening....  

100%
Gonna have to disagree with you here. The spurs move the ball better than any team in the league. I'd love to see what happens if they try to double TD on the post or trap someone in the corner. 3's will rain.

Matt Bonner will make heat fans cry

The Heat can really only lock down a player when he's on the floor with a player you can ignore.

The reason the Mavs beat the Heat was there wasn't a player you could ignore.

You leave any of the Spurs main rotation players wide open and threes will rain. You don't help on Tony Parker and he'll average an efficient 40.

I wish both teams could lose but in my hearts of hearts I think the Spurs are going to win.

Edit-Whose stopping Wade? :lol:

tony parker averaging 40 if you dont help now? lmfao dude you cant be serious

i hope im wrong cause i hate the heat as much as anyone on here but i just feel like those of u banking on tony parker going ham against this miami team are in for a rude awakening....  

SO he isnt going to go ham?

He hasnt been stopped all playoffs against better pg's than chalmers and cole, aint nothing changing

We're not banking on Tony Parker to go ham, we're banking on Tony Parker AND Tim Duncan ANDDD Emanuel Ginobili to go H.A.M

You people do realize Indiana was a fair worse matchup for the Heat than the Spurs...the Heat defense is a nightmare for what the Spurs try to do offensively. Danny Green and Kawhi will be swallowed up. Going to take a monster series from Parker/Duncan for the Spurs to win.

You got it mixed up, the Spurs offense is a nightmare for what the heat try to do defensively.

My question is still who is gonna stop tony Parker?! If lebron has to come out and guard him the series will be over quick. But chalmers will get exposed and Dwayne Wade's knees could explode on national television. The heat will get exposed this series, mark my words

:lol:

Last edited:
Let me guess Your a Wade fan. Lmao
After seeing the Wade and TMAC Stans on this board I have way more respect for Bron and Kobe Stans

no. I'm a rockets fan and a lebron fan. don't even really like wade, but I'm not blinded by hate.

He hasnt been stopped all playoffs against better pg's than chalmers and cole, aint nothing changing

Parkers getting trapped every time he runs a pick n roll, sameway they stopped nate, but the trap will atleast slow tp down

this is how it usually goes with parker he balls out until he finally runs into someone (usually someone bigger and more athletic) and then pulls a disappearing act.  u guys are getting caught up with names and individual matchups while severely underestimating miamis perimeter defense as a team.  

i hope im wrong tho and tp gives em a fight cause thats pretty much san antonios only chance.   an efficient 40 a game lol that is rich

this is how it usually goes with parker he balls out until he finally runs into someone (usually someone bigger and more athletic) and then pulls a disappearing act.  u guys are getting caught up with names and individual matchups while severely underestimating miamis perimeter defense as a team.  

i hope im wrong tho and tp gives em a fight cause thats pretty much san antonios only chance.   an efficient 40 a game lol that is rich

The thing is though, when that happens, the Spurs offense won't collapse. They focus on Parker, someones going to be free. They focus on Timmy, someone's going to be free. The fluidity of the offense is what makes Pop the best coach in the league.

Parkers getting trapped every time he runs a pick n roll, sameway they stopped nate, but the trap will atleast slow tp down

If they trap Tony Parker those perimeter shooters will FEAST

Exactly. I don't know how this is being missed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom