Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 months ago Lebron couldn't guard Jason Terry but now he's going to lock up Tony Parker?

Good luck with that.
no-one can guard anyone one-on-one.....it's the team defense that is going to stop Tony Parker.

Lebron didn't lock down Rose, the Miami Heat team defense did.

with that said Miami Heat will win in 5 games. Spurs are not a good match-up.

Last edited:
24 months ago Lebron couldn't guard Jason Terry but now he's going to lock up Tony Parker?

Good luck with that.
That's like saying Kawhi couldn't guard Steph Curry so he can't guard LeBron.

You're better than that.

Smart $ is on the Heat. 

Can the Spurs win? Sure. But some of you guys are making it sound like Vegas has it wrong and that the Spurs are going to run circles around the Heat.

something tells me parker gets shut down and worn out on d.  i hope not because i want it to be an exciting series but tony usually meets his match eventually and i see chalmers and cole taking it to him.  i doubt they even need to put James on him.

and the wcf would have been much different if memphis held on to rudy.  it was painful watching mike conley trying to put the team on his back.  the games were close one team just decided to trade away their closest thing to a closer mid season.

Wasn't everyone saying that Conley was the best defensive PG in the game? Didn't TP abuse him last series? And Chalmers/Cole are supposed to shut him down?

Ok.

Good luck with that.

Two weeks are locking up Derrick Rose at that :nerd:

Just came across this:

Couper Moorhead ‏@CoupNBA 49m

Last three seasons with Tim Duncan on the floor, Chris Bosh is 25-of-45 (55 percent) with 21 points per 36 minutes (110 total).

bosh-tongue-sports-tonges.gif

no-one can guard anyone one-on-one.....it's the team defense that is going to stop Tony Parker.

Lebron didn't lock down Rose, the Miami Heat team defense did.

with that said Miami Heat will win in 5 games. Spurs are not a good match-up.

So while the team defense is locking down parker, who's gonna be stoping Duncan?

Just came across this:
bosh-tongue-sports-tonges.gif

Yep Bosh eating, good luck to Duncan chasing those Mid Range/3's.

Also interested in Birdman against Splitter/guarding Duncan. Those quick jumps will bother TD.

Kawhi's play is going to be key, if he can force Bron to take jumpers and not disappear on offense. I think Bron will just take him into the post like he did George who is a better defender than Kawhi.

Can't wait to see Parker turn up though, he's been at God level all season/playoffs when healthy

it's a team game, they are going to double him, there is one ball.

Who is stopping Lebron? Who is stopping Wade?

No one can "stop" lebron he'll get his but at the cost of being the most and probably the only consistent player for the heat the whole series. Can lebron do it all by himself? Wade's knees hope so....

Flo Rida wearing a giant Jesus Piece Head chain at Heat-Pacers game 7, courtside celebrity NBA jewelry

"If I see Flo Rida in a dark alley I'm a knock the hell outta him" - Chuck

That old lady has to be filthy rich. She's at every damn Heat game. :lol:

Last edited:
If some of you NBA thread regulars who remember what I said I was going to do once the finals started, and are still interested, I would suggest you go to the NBA Finals Thread I made and make a specific prediction on the series. Regulars only. As in, usernames I will search and make sure we're posting in this thread BEFORE yesterday. No Lurkers or 2nd names.

And yes, I will check.

Ill explain why to you homies later on if you don't already remember.

Last edited:
can't wait for this series to start. Bron looking to get even with the spurs. Best believe he ain't forgot about the sweep
laugh.gif

As Reggie Miller have said, the blueprint for Popovich has been laid out: punish the heat down low!

why do some people think Kawhi will bother Lebron? Lebron will dominate Kawhi in this series..Come at me
laugh.gif

The Heat can really only lock down a player when he's on the floor with a player you can ignore.

The reason the Mavs beat the Heat was there wasn't a player you could ignore.

You leave any of the Spurs main rotation players wide open and threes will rain. You don't help on Tony Parker and he'll average an efficient 40.

I wish both teams could lose but in my hearts of hearts I think the Spurs are going to win.

Edit-Whose stopping Wade? :lol:

Last edited:
Real question....was Bosh always this weird in his Raptor and Texas days? I don't remember ever seeing or hearing anything other than that corny All-Star self promo he did one of his first years.

The Heat can really only lock down a player when he's on the floor with a player you can ignore.

The reason the Mavs beat the Heat was there wasn't a player you could ignore.

You leave any of the Spurs main rotation players wide open and threes will rain. You don't help on Tony Parker and he'll average an efficient 40.

I wish both teams could lose but in my hearts of hearts I think the Spurs are going to win.

Edit-Whose stopping Wade?
laugh.gif
Tmac is stopping Wade
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yes. shows that you don't know what you're talking about. luckily, you're the only person in the whole world that cares about your opinion.
Let me guess Your a Wade fan. Lmao
After seeing the Wade and TMAC Stans on this board I have way more respect for Bron and Kobe Stans

Don't know what is worst...wade getting a 3rd ring or TMAC getting a first one. Both guys don't deserve the rings but NT is going to glorify it. Looks like I will be rooting for the Heat next round unless Pop cuts TMAC
Tmac don't deserve a ring ? 
indifferent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom