Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't really be a sign-trade with Dwight to go Golden State. It would just be a regular trade since Dwight is Laker property until June 30th. Sort of like a draft-day trade. So those cap restrictions on sign-trades wouldn't apply for Lakers and Warriors if the trade happen while Dwight is still under contract. So that Warrior trade would need to happen in the next 30 days.

I've said this before, if Dwight can do one courteous thing and inform the Lakers he's leaving - trade him to Golden State, get Klay Thompson/Harrison Barnes, expiring contracts, and draft picks. It'd be a great trade to rebuild. Better than nothing.

But Lakers (Mitch) are too arrogant and would rather take there chances to sign him and get nothing. It's like the Lakers are daring Dwight to leave, what they don't understand is - Dwight is a child, he'll go, with no remorse.

It wouldn't really be a sign-trade with Dwight to go Golden State. It would just be a regular trade since Dwight is Laker property until June 30th. Sort of like a draft-day trade. So those cap restrictions on sign-trades wouldn't apply for Lakers and Warriors if the trade happen while Dwight is still under contract. So that Warrior trade would need to happen in the next 30 days.

We are past the trade deadline teams can make trades again after free agency begins which is july first i believe So sign and trade is the only option for the warriors to get him

At the end of he day i believe he stays but you never know how free agency works

Everyone swore lebron was going to NY in 2010 so yea you know :shrug

Last edited:
I wouldn't be interested in Dwight if I were GS. Sure he's talented, but he's a head case. GS seems to be an egoless team, no need to add a diva to the roster.

I'd rather have Bogut and his skillset for the warriors. He's better in the pick and roll in terms of creating for others and you don't have to force feed him the rock on the block because "he's supposed to be dominate" there. I just don't think the Dwight and his drama is worth your young core

as a warrior fan.... ya'll can keep dwight
grin.gif
im not even a warriors fan like that...and i agree...Dwight despite being in his prime age wise, is in a decline healthwise...and truth be told skillwise. A guy that realistically is halfway through his career hasnt matured, hasnt evolved/developed mentally nor in his game. He is a superstar ala max player purely of the basis of his size, lack of big men, and aka supply and demand. With the direction the current nba is going, a non mobile, unskilled, basically camp out in the paint big man really isnt needed to be a championship caliber team...matter of fact, could be a liability if you had a player like that on your team.

Unless dwight takes less money...and in sense plays the role of a garbageman, a majority defensive player, and realize a offense is counterproductive if it runs through him. At best any team he joins will be good in real life, and great/championship caliber on paper and on nba 2k.

We are past the trade deadline teams can make trades again after free agency begins which is july first i believe So sign and trade is the only option for the warriors to get him

At the end of he day i believe he stays but you never know how free agency works

Everyone swore lebron was going to NY in 2010 so yea you know :shrug

You can trade when the season is over, which is when the finals is done.

Isn't that right? How many times have players been traded on draft day? Remember Garnett/Allen to Boston. It doesn't start July 1st.

You can trade when the season is over, which is when the finals is done.

Isn't that right? How many times have players been traded on draft day? Remember Garnett/Allen to Boston. It doesn't start July 1st.
no teams/players can begin talking/visiting etc one another beginning today....(aka dwight can go speak to houston,warriors etc... publically..and not under the table like we all know they do) A player/team cannot begin discussion of contracts/negotiations of contracts/trades untill july 10th.

GSW just needs a role player that can strap up maybe seflosha (can't spell his name) or world peace, sanders once David Lee gets himself again
They will be fine, they don't need Dwight, Andrew Bogut is a good center

In the words of Mark Jackson, you're better than that Coupe. :lol:

What I do P? You guys tell me all season Lakers can't do a sign an trade because of the tax right?

So now they can?

Wouldn't that mean Dwight would need to be traded before Free Agency? During the draft I'd assume?

Last edited:
Really? So Dwight can't get traded in draft day to GSW then sign with GSW for the max a week later?

If he can't then okay.

But you and essential have told me all season Lakers can't do a sign an trade because of the tax. I remember that's why you wanted to trade Dwight to Atlanta.

Last edited:
No.

Would have to wait until July 1 to agree to a deal (of any kind) and like a week later (when the cap is set) to sign a contract officially.

So the Lakers can do a sign-trade with the Warriors? Even tho they're above the cap?

This cap situation and new CBA is crazy. So many loopholes

The Lakers can trade away a player (Dwight) in a sign-and-trade. They just can't be receiving a player doing the actual signing of a sign-and-trade from another team since they're way above the tax line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom