Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious bro?!

Look at all the ****** GMs that still have jobs or rotate between teams. A monkey with a typewriter could do a better job than most of them

Repped it seems harder for new blood to break into the g.m. Role and I'm talking brand new not son, assit gm, or worked with the team before

Most people work their way up to become a GM. They won't hire someone off the street to do it..

There's only 30 GM jobs (not including Asst. GMs, which really do nothing).... Not all situations are the same. Some owners are just **** owners, and won't fire people for any reason.

But if you end up trading a Superstar who was rising talent to continue to build, and you squander those assets, and thereby kill the growth of the team, you will not have an easy time finding another GM job..

If you can build up a bad team, you'll be seen as a genius. But if a player is starting to rise on a crappy team, and you trade him and get inadequate return or squander the return, and it throws off the team's future, you won't get much look from anyone else.

Last edited:
Most people work their way up to become a GM. They won't hire someone off the street to do it..

There's only 30 GM jobs (not including Asst. GMs, which really do nothing).... Not all situations are the same. Some owners are just **** owners, and won't fire people for any reason.

But if you end up trading a Superstar who was rising talent to continue to build, and you squander those assets, and thereby kill the growth of the team, you will not have an easy time finding another GM job..

If you can build up a bad team, you'll be seen as a genius. But if a player is starting to rise on a crappy team, and you trade him and get inadequate return or squander the return, and it throws off the team's future, you won't get much look from anyone else.

Yeah I'm not saying I send the hawks my resume for the gm position and I get interviewed just saying its hardly any new names with these jobs along with coaching as well

Repped it seems harder for new blood to break into the g.m. Role and I'm talking brand new not son, assit gm, or worked with the team before

If you are black you probably have to have been a professional basketball player if you want a GM job. Even some of the white GM's seem to have some type of basketball player background but not all. It seems that even the ones that worked themselves up from a lower position got into the team through connections in the first place.

Hollinger is probably the only one you can consider "new blood" but the way he became a GM is unusual and unlikely to happen again.

Imagine a Latino, Asian, or other ethnicity becoming GM. Maybe in 30 years. :lol: :smh:

@KButter5 Soo @_John_Henson_, this is awkward.

It shouldn't be an issue moving forward, but :lol: at John Henson being coached by Larry Drew.

If Dwight says, I want to go to GSW.

Would the lakers sign and trade Dwight for Richard Jefferson + Biedrins?

Warriors can Start

Bogut
Dwight
Barnes
Klay
Steph

Lakers get $20M expiring and picks ?

Warriors can Start

Bogut
Dwight
Barnes
Klay
Steph

Nah I'll stick with D. Lee haha :D

Teams that are over the luxury tax threshold by 4 million or more cannot receive players in a sign & trade.

The luxury tax for this & last year has been at 70 mil.

With a payroll of 78 mil, LA would need the lux tax threshold to increase by a little more than 4 mil next season.

Last edited:
D12 on the warriors would be nasty. That's assuming Howard actually removes his tampon and is ready to man up and play

The Lakers would hang the phone up the second they heard that offer.

Then call back immediately just to laugh.

Warriors can Start

Bogut
Dwight
Barnes
Klay
Steph

lol Dwight for bum Jefferson and bum Biedrin?

You gotta be kidding me.

The only way Lakers will trade Dwight to GSW is if they can get either Klay or Harrison Barnes in return along with one of the Warrior big + a draft pick.

lol Dwight for bum Jefferson and bum Biedrin?

You gotta be kidding me.

The only way Lakers will trade Dwight to GSW is if they can get either Klay or Harrison Barnes in return along with one of the Warrior big + a draft pick.
this is the exact trades i hear laker fans come up with for other teams though. ive heard mwp and blake for klay and jack 

Warriors can Start

Bogut
Dwight
Barnes
Klay
Steph

Richard Jefferson AND BIEDRINS?!?! Your TOO generous!!! 

Can we at least give you Kobe as well? I just feel like we're cheating you man.

Warriors can Start

Bogut
Dwight
Barnes
Klay
Steph

What, in, the, ****?

You get hacked b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back