Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh word?

Mind saying that in English now?

not sure what you didnt get there, but if this helps basically they get taxed on wherever the game is played for that day. So if the game is in LA his game check will be taxed with cali tax and so on and so forth for whatever city theyre playing in. All his games played in texas (houston, dallas, san antonio) will be tax free.

I hope those bringing up the no state income tax for Texas/Florida understands that players are tax where they play, not who their home team is. So essentially, the no state income tax thing effect only half of their yearly salary.

Oh word?

He's saying that professional athletes get taxed as entertainers. therefore they get taxed every state they play in.

Whats weird is that coaches don't get taxed like that though

Oh word?

not sure what you didnt get there, but if this helps basically they get taxed on wherever the game is played for that day. So if the game is in LA his game check will be taxed with cali tax and so on and so forth for whatever city theyre playing in. All his games played in texas (houston, dallas, san antonio) will be tax free.

Think about though.

Florida has no state tax. Neither does Texas.

If dude goes to Houston no team in the division has a income tax outside of Memphis. Then count the Florida teams and its more like 50 games at least of no tax.

Then all endorsements wouldn't get taxed.

Add up the saving in taxes and whatever Dwight is going to get the 5th year wherever he plays and its still a lot of money but not the 27 million people are making it out to be.

Some of the most revered players in NBA history were floppers. The rest were their teammates. Jerry Sloan was such a notorious flopper that an unnamed coach threatened to fine his players if they didn’t step on him when he fell down. :rofl:

the article got it right where it says they can stop flopping with suspensions. And clearly don't care enough to do so. Imagine if criticizing the refs was a warning of a 5k fine. They would do it all the time. NBA cares more about protecting refs than flopping. And they care more about fighting than protecting refs.

Last edited:
Suspension was NBA's way of saying "oh my bad, yeah he should have been ejected. maybe the rule book should apply to the heat too."

It was clear as day to everyone watching that play. The fact that Hansbrough even got a tech still dumbfounds me.

Last edited:
If he was ejected, he wouldn't have been suspended. I'd take that trade off if I'm Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom