Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew bynum should just sign a 1 year deal if he feels healthy enough
with the heat , if he balls he'll be 26 next year and can get a max contact
if he goes back to 2011 bynum ,i'll hand him troll of the century for what he
did to the city of philadelphia

Miami doesnt have that money, Why sign a below average contract when some team will take a risk and give you 12+ mil?

mario chalmers has a 4 million dollar team option , do they void his contract
and let norris cole get the starting job?

Na, he means way to much to the team.

so what do you guys think the rockets can get for robinson?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--h...space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

[h1]Houston Rockets plan to trade Thomas Robinson to free up cap space for run at Dwight Howard[/h1]

20 hours ago

The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of the Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
20130330_kkt_ac6_510-5448528036e27f2fe2ca42021f207d2b
Thomas Robinson averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds last season. (USA Today Sports)
The Rockets have made clear to multiple rival teams that they plan to accept the best offer to move Robinson and eliminate his $3.52 million salary for the 2013-14 season.
Without the salary of Robinson and others, the Rockets will have the space to offer Howard a maximum deal starting at approximately $20.5 million a season.
Houston is competing mainly with Dallas – and possibly Golden State – to lure Howard once free agency commences on July 1. Howard has become increasingly intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination, sources said. Houston's supporting cast, including James Harden and Chandler Parsons, is one of the reasons.
The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said.
The Rockets are the second team to move him since he came out of Kansas considered one of the most prepared prospects in the class. The Rockets' coaching staff prefers forwards who can space the floor with their shooting ability but the 6-foot-10 Robinson is a more traditional back-to-the-basket power forward.
His $3.5 million salary most closely matches the money that the Rockets need to unload in order to help secure a maximum contract swap for Howard.

Robinson, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds playing a combined 70 games for the Rockets and Kings. Sacramento traded him to Houston in a package that included Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash.

Honestly, I dont really care, I want the kid to get put in a position to succeed. So to answer the question, I guess move up in the draft?

so what do you guys think the rockets can get for robinson?

END 24 START 16_8 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--h...space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

SpaceID=2146233486 loc=LOGO noad if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['bRtiEGKL5Wg-']='&U=12c9gbh8s%2fN%3dbRtiEGKL5Wg-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dLOGO%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d0'; fac-gd2-noad gd2-status-2 QYZ CMS_NONE_AVAIL,,98.139.230.80;;LOGO;2146233486;2;if(window.xzq_d==null)window.xzq_d=new Object();window.xzq_d['2ZFutWKL4HE-']='(as$1259fd14b,aid$2ZFutWKL4HE-,cr$-1,ct$25,at$H,eob$-1)';(function(){ var wrap = document.getElementById("yom-ad-LOGO"); if (null == wrap) { wrap = document.getElementById("yom-ad-LOGO-iframe") || {}; } var content = wrap.innerHTML || ""; if (content && content.substr(0, content.lastIndexOf("<script>")).indexOf("loc=LOGO noad") !== -1) { wrap.style.display = "none"; } }())
var t_art_head = new Date().getTime();
[h1]Houston Rockets plan to trade Thomas Robinson to free up cap space for run at Dwight Howard[/h1]20 hours ago

google_ad_section_start
The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of the Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

20130330_kkt_ac6_510-5448528036e27f2fe2ca42021f207d2b
Thomas Robinson averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds last season. (USA Today Sports)The Rockets have made clear to multiple rival teams that they plan to accept the best offer to move Robinson and eliminate his $3.52 million salary for the 2013-14 season.

Without the salary of Robinson and others, the Rockets will have the space to offer Howard a maximum deal starting at approximately $20.5 million a season.

Houston is competing mainly with Dallas – and possibly Golden State – to lure Howard once free agency commences on July 1. Howard has become increasingly intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination, sources said. Houston's supporting cast, including James Harden and Chandler Parsons, is one of the reasons.

The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said.

The Rockets are the second team to move him since he came out of Kansas considered one of the most prepared prospects in the class. The Rockets' coaching staff prefers forwards who can space the floor with their shooting ability but the 6-foot-10 Robinson is a more traditional back-to-the-basket power forward.

His $3.5 million salary most closely matches the money that the Rockets need to unload in order to help secure a maximum contract swap for Howard.

Robinson, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds playing a combined 70 games for the Rockets and Kings. Sacramento traded him to Houston in a package that included Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash.
it's not like he's making that much to begin with , they just trynna dump him

Last edited:
if it's strictly a salary cap dump, as the article says.. i would love for okc to take robinson off the rockets hands

2nd round picks dont get guaranteed deals (i think).. so the bobcats 2nd could be appealing

and our 1st is late in the round, so the contract wouldnt be THAT much.. or at least not as much as the 5th pick's

then we had trade exceptions from eric maynor and cole aldrich which total about 3,000,00

Last edited:
Robinson is gonna be one of those guys when they stop moving him around because he doesn't fit this system or that system, he's gonna have a career similar to Z-Bo.

Robinson will more than likely just go for 2nd rounder from an EC team so it doesnt come back and bite them if he turns out to be good. If the ultimate goal is Dwight then they just want to get him off the team. They arent really shopping around for the greatest deal.

And at the same time, they made it clear what their intentions were, someone isnt going to throw something crazy at them. He hasnt really proved much in the league so best case scenario would prolly be early 2nd, late 1st, or future pick with stipulations.

There is no state income tax in Texas, narrowing the financial gap between max offers to Dwight Howard from the Lakers and Rockets or Mavericks.
Thanks to Bird Rights, the Lakers can offer Howard a five-year deal worth nearly $120 million. The most the Rockets could offer is four years and $90 million. However, with the Howard likely to opt out of the fifth year of a potential Lakers deal anyway and the tax situation, the money isn't that far off. When July 1 hits, he'll visit with the Rockets and Mavericks as well as some other unknown suitors.

Been saying this for a while. People mention the fifth year and how much more money he can make. I think it's marginal in the longrun.

RIP to the Seattle Supersonics
What happened??? 
nerd.gif

damn, Hansen is calling his shot already for the first game? That dude is a bad *** 
Kings are a mess, LOL at Monta Ellis helping the Kings...he is a horrible fit next to everyone else. They need to dump all the players and tank and start all over.
I'd keep DMC and Little Zeke, but beyond them, I'd consider all the Kings players expendable. Cousins may be a head case, but when he plays right, he's one of the better Cs in the league. And Thomas is just a gamer. Its definitely time for Tyreke to move on though. He needs a fresh start.
That's what I'm saying, if the Kings are blowing up the team then I wouldn't mind how they try to fit Monta Ellis in with a new roster
if it's strictly a salary cap dump, as the article says.. i would love for okc to take robinson off the rockets hands

2nd round picks dont get guaranteed deals (i think).. so the bobcats 2nd could be appealing

and our 1st is late in the round, so the contract wouldnt be THAT much.. or at least not as much as the 5th pick's

then we had trade exceptions from eric maynor and cole aldrich which total about 3,000,00
I thought OKC was one of those tight budget teams?

If thats the case, I don't see them helping the Rockets facilitate a salary dump 

There is no state income tax in Texas, narrowing the financial gap between max offers to Dwight Howard from the Lakers and Rockets or Mavericks.
Thanks to Bird Rights, the Lakers can offer Howard a five-year deal worth nearly $120 million. The most the Rockets could offer is four years and $90 million. However, with the Howard likely to opt out of the fifth year of a potential Lakers deal anyway.

Been saying this for a while. People mention the fifth year and how much more money he can make. I think it's marginal in the longrun.

Why does he opt out of the 5th year when he'll be 32ish, potentially on the wrong side of his career, and that year will be worth close to 30 mil?

Why again does he opt out of that? To get a new, "better" deal? Cuz he's guaranteed to get more than that? :lol:

Why does he opt out of the 5th year when he'll be 32ish, potentially on the wrong side of his career, and that year will be worth close to 30 mil?

Why again does he opt out of that? To get a new, "better" deal? Cuz he's guaranteed to get more than that?
laugh.gif
marcus camby just signed a 3 year deal

dwight aint worried about being 31

I thought OKC was one of those tight budget teams?

If thats the case, I don't see them helping the Rockets facilitate a salary dump 
it's not like we're taking on some albatross of a contract or something.. considering he's still on his rookie deal.. it would be similiar to when we got daequan cook from the heat

Wade and bosh seriously need to get in a groove. Either way Lebron haters/Heat haters have an argument, if Lebron goes into God mode then they say the Heat can't sustain this won't win this way. If Bosh and Wade were out there killin it, then Lebron "needed" help. I think the game 5 performance by Lebron was necessary due to the match up problems that the Pacers pose. IMO feed wade in the post more, dude just can't make plays off the screen and roll. Dude seriously needs to work on that catch and shoot game, every jumper he takes needs to be off the dribble :smh:

Robinson is gonna be one of those guys when they stop moving him around because he doesn't fit this system or that system, he's gonna have a career similar to Z-Bo.
Cept ZBO at Michigan State was better than T-Rob will ever be

Been saying it. Wade's increasing declining value and ability will create an interesting roster plot after this season.
Not really a decrease in ability, he's just hurt. he was brilliant before getting hurt. His timing couldn't be worse though

The right knee that he hurt last year hasn't given him any issues since, and there is nothing structurally wrong with his injured left knee this season. It's just a deep bruise that requires rest.

Chris Paul missed a month with the same injury, Wade only got a week and a half.

He'll be completely fine next year.

Last edited:
what team is this besides the 76ers ?

He made 15 mil this year, some team will drop $$ on him.

Not really a decrease in ability, he's just hurt. he was brilliant before getting hurt. His timing couldn't be worse though

The right knee that he hurt last year hasn't given him any issues since, and there is nothing structurally wrong with his injured left knee this season. It's just a deep bruise that requires rest.

Chris Paul missed a month with the same injury, Wade only got a week and a half.

He'll be completely fine next year.

Doubt it

Next year Wade will be okay. Probably more like how he was this year. Less than 20 shot attempts. Lots of cuts, and easy and efficient baskets.

Wade and bosh seriously need to get in a groove. Either way Lebron haters/Heat haters have an argument, if Lebron goes into God mode then they say the Heat can't sustain this won't win this way. If Bosh and Wade were out there killin it, then Lebron "needed" help. I think the game 5 performance by Lebron was necessary due to the match up problems that the Pacers pose. IMO feed wade in the post more, dude just can't make plays off the screen and roll. Dude seriously needs to work on that catch and shoot game, every jumper he takes needs to be off the dribble :smh:

He definitely can improve on his mid range spot up ability. Lol. Dude is always taking off the dribble 19 foot fadeaways/stepbacks. Dude ain't got it like that man haha. Only when he's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom