Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami doesnt have that money, Why sign a below average contract when some team will take a risk and give you 12+ mil?
Na, he means way to much to the team.
what team is this besides the 76ers ?
Plenty of teams will gladly give him 10-12 Mil for a true Center who knows what to do in the paint. Miami can only offer him like 5-7 at the most. Plus playing there hes not gonna get a chance to prove hes worth a Max, which is his ultimate goal. His best bet is go to someone with a decent PG who can get him the ball and just play this season. Maybe someone like the Wizards or the Hawks now that Smith is going to be gone.

Him and Horford can kinda create what the Pacers got going on with Hibbert and West. And they are going to want to make a big splash here with a new coach and new path for the franchise.

Plenty of teams will gladly give him 10-12 Mil for a true Center who knows what to do in the paint. Miami can only offer him like 5-7 at the most. Plus playing there hes not gonna get a chance to prove hes worth a Max, which is his ultimate goal. His best bet is go to someone with a decent PG who can get him the ball and just play this season. Maybe someone like the Wizards or the Hawks now that Smith is going to be gone.
celtics?

can the celtics afford al jefferson?

Boston really wants Millsap, apparently. In a sign-and-trade because they can't afford to outright sign him.

But the Jazz should want no part of a like Bass and Lee package, so.

Last edited:
Kyrie Irving was at the Heat-Pacers game last night...

Rondo
Bradley
Green (better at PF with a true C imo)
Millsap
KG?????

Not bad at all, pretty good actually.

Last edited:
I still don't know when injured became being washed up. Amazing. 

Yes Wade and Bosh are struggling right now, but I am certain if we get by Indiana, both of them will contribute in a major way in the Finals. 

Riley is not gonna trade Wade, i can't see it. 

If anything maybe a restructure of his deal down the line at some point. I think next year. Lebron stays the main option, Bosh needs to become the clear option # 2, then Wade #3. 

Robinson is gonna be one of those guys when they stop moving him around because he doesn't fit this system or that system, he's gonna have a career similar to Z-Bo.
Cept ZBO at Michigan State was better than T-Rob will ever be
not only that zbo problem was never trying to fit in the right system. he was just a headcase

Robinson is another example like Beasley and Derrick Williams of undersize PF trying to lose weight and play SF

Overreactors gonna overreact when it comes to Dwyane Wade.

His knee that was injured last year is fine. And the one that is ailing isn't really a serious or long lasting injury. It's a bone bruise, and it's bad timing.

He's playing thru something that kept Chris Paul out about a month earlier this year. And even when he came back, he still wasn't quite right himself. But this is why you make the genius move to recruit the best player in the world, and ride his coattails to glory. :lol:

It's not just a bone bruise. Wade a has patellar issue which comes from degeneration. It isnt going to get better. They tape it to relieve pressure off of the tracking of the patella, but it's temporary. More like a band-aid.

Wade has 1 more year of productive basketball assuming he plays 82 games.

Robinson is another example like Beasley and Derrick Williams of undersize PF trying to lose weight and play SF
Hold up, Robinson is actually try to make the switch to SF now??? 
mean.gif
not sure about right now. but remember before the draft he kept saying he could play SF and wanted to play SF(could have been just to get drafted higher) and once your kings got him people kept talking about him playing SF in the future

Hold up, Robinson is actually try to make the switch to SF now??? 
mean.gif
not sure about right now. but remember before the draft he kept saying he could play SF and wanted to play SF(could have been just to get drafted higher) and once your kings got him people kept talking about him playing SF in the future
I think the Kings talked about it and experimented with him playing purely on the perimeter during summer league (Bobby Jackson even had him running point-forward 
roll.gif
) and it was quickly realized it just wouldn't work. When he got time during the regular season he didn't have any sets run for him and all his plays came in transition or off second chance opportunities.

I think we might (or I think we should) see a radical 'maintenance' program with Wade next year. Like playing 45 games, starting his season in January or some ****. He's been terrible now, but he wasn't finished 3 months ago.

But you can put me in the minority that doesn't think Wade is untouchable in Miami. Heard Riley talk the past year? It's never about Wade, he'd move him if that's what it takes to see LeBron's career out in Miami.

I agree with all of this. The Knicks should do the same thing with Kidd and Camby. I wouldn't play them till all star break.

The nba regular season is too long and I think home court advantage isn't worth having banged up players. Now this obviously only works if the team is so good that they will make the playoffs even with some players take off.

Riley is not loyal to anyone except MAYBE Arison. He would trade wade for healthy Dwight in a heart beat.

Also. U think Danny Granger getting traded?

Riley is not loyal to anyone except MAYBE Arison. He would trade wade for healthy Dwight in a heart beat.

Also. U think Danny Granger getting traded?

Wade helped build this crazy Big 3. To ship him off when he starts showing age would be cold, even for Pat Riley. But purely based on basketball & business I'd do it without question.

I think Granger is a lock to get traded. I guess the assumption is it'll be for Eric Gordon, though I haven't heard much about it.

I hope those bringing up the no state income tax for Texas/Florida understands that players are tax where they play, not who their home team is. So essentially, the no state income tax thing effect only half of their yearly salary.

Wade helped build this crazy Big 3. To ship him off when he starts showing age would be cold, even for Pat Riley. But purely based on basketball & business I'd do it without question.

I think Granger is a lock to get traded. I guess the assumption is it'll be for Eric Gordon, though I haven't heard much about it.
he's still getting 70 million over the course of the next 3 years and if they win this year

2 more rings than he would have got otherwise , sign me up

not only that zbo problem was never trying to fit in the right system. he was just a headcase

Williams had a solid second half of the season.

Beasley is what he is.

T-rob who knows at this point

I hope those bringing up the no state income tax for Texas/Florida understands that players are tax where they play, not who their home team is. So essentially, the no state income tax thing effect only half of their yearly salary.
also cali has that millionaire tax as well. its easy to say he's a dummy for leaving 27-28 mil on the table but when you factor in everything associated with that extra money and how much its breaks down too after taxes that money could be cut in half and then you add on the lofty expectations of the franchise it makes you think. if he were to sign with houston or atl all thy have to do is compete not win the chip and its mission accomplished. with lakers its championship or bust 

Oh word?

Mind saying that in English now?

also cali has that millionaire tax as well. its easy to say he's a dummy for leaving 27-28 mil on the table but when you factor in everything associated with that extra money and how much its breaks down too after taxes that money could be cut in half and then you add on the lofty expectations of the franchise it makes you think. if he were to sign with houston or atl all thy have to do is compete not win the chip and its mission accomplished. with lakers its championship or bust 

Lol im not sure what this have to do with anything but i remember when 50 said he made a 100mil 1yr but after the taxes it was 60mil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom