Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't start selling nearly that low on Bosh. He's very valuable to what they do, just in a bad match-up right now. Offensively you'd only get worse vs Indiana and Chicago with a guy like Asik clogging things up.

I honestly think the real short-term fallout from this series will be making sure they get Greg Oden this summer. I know that's laughable to a lot of people, but you never know. Riley loves the reclamation projects.

Ooohhh...good point about Oden.

I'm just trying to think of ways the Heat can shake things up on their roster going forward. Dangling Bosh might be their only realistic option as it looks like Wade is teetering on being washed.

*I think any deal surrounding Bosh would almost have to include Chandler Parsons as well.

Might have to get a 3rd team involved.

You have to ask yourself if Parsons (offensively) can give you more next year than a guy like Wade?

Last edited:
dwyane wade ironically the reason lebron came could be the reason he might pack his

bags and leave , most heat fans down here acknowledge he aint wade anymore .....

if they amnesty him for dwight or chris paul i dont think anyone blinks an eye

even though they would probably still be like 9 million dollars over the cap

Last edited:
But you can put me in the minority that doesn't think Wade is untouchable in Miami. Heard Riley talk the past year? It's never about Wade, he'd move him if that's what it takes to see LeBron's career out in Miami.

He may not be untouchable, but they will be selling extremely low on him..

Like I said after Game 4, he isn't quite there yet, but he's heading for Pau Gasol status in terms of trade value

So wait. Dude has a great regular season. But because he's having a rough post season he is washed up. :rofl:
You could say he isn't his old self which everyone knows but y'all talking about this dude like he's useless and has no reason to be on the team

He isn't washed up yet he's definitely in fast decline. He hasn't been good at all this post season and every year he gets worse. It's not that hard to see it.

So wait. Dude has a great regular season. But because he's having a rough post season he is washed up. :rofl:
You could say he isn't his old self which everyone knows but y'all talking about this dude like he's useless and has no reason to be on the team

He isn't washed up yet he's definitely in fast decline. He hasn't been good at all this post season and every year he gets worse. It's not that hard to see it.

it is if you have homer blinders on

it is if you have homer blinders on

Idk about homer blinds since I'm about as far away from Miami as one can get in this country. I never said he isn't having a bad post season. I just don't see why y'all think he is going to play like this for his whole career.

Idk about homer blinds since I'm about as far away from Miami as one can get in this country. I never said he isn't having a bad post season. I just don't see why y'all think he is going to play like this for his whole career.

The guy hasnt been healthy in years, he wont play this bad, but lets just say the guy will only be in the all star game because his name is Dwyane Wade.

I can still see Wade being a 17- 20 point scorer next year but father time is knocking on his door early.

Last edited:

The guy hasnt been healthy in years, he wont play this bad, but lets just say the guy will only be in the all star game because his name is Dwyane Wade.

So you don't think he can come close to the 21ppg 5 assist 5 rebound over 50% shooting. Year he had this year?

Overreactors gonna overreact when it comes to Dwyane Wade.

His knee that was injured last year is fine. And the one that is ailing isn't really a serious or long lasting injury. It's a bone bruise, and it's bad timing.

He's playing thru something that kept Chris Paul out about a month earlier this year. And even when he came back, he still wasn't quite right himself. But this is why you make the genius move to recruit the best player in the world, and ride his coattails to glory. :lol:

Last edited:
Been saying it. Wade's increasing declining value and ability will create an interesting roster plot after this season.

What does it take to heal a bone bruise? Surgery? Or just resting and letting the bone heal? Or what? Cause its not the same knee from last year that wade has hurt from this year it's the other knee. If he can get it 100% after this season he can be fine next year and back to the wade of last year. The moves are still there hes still beating people with his moves he just can't explode off his leg sonits giving the defender time to get back in position.

"No offense to New York, but I'm so, so happy I didn't fall to them in the draft," he says after I tell him I'm a Knicks fan. "No matter what they do with the new arena, they better not change the dynamics of the fanbase. If we have the same fans, in this new place … man, I'd want to play here forever. Wouldn't you?"
- Steph Curry

mario chalmers has a 4 million dollar team option , do they void his contract

and let norris cole get the starting job?

Can't just let chalmers walk he does have some value willing defender, solid 3 pt shooter, can put the ball on the floor, and has proven he hasn't been scared of any stage

What does it take to heal a bone bruise? Surgery? Or just resting and letting the bone heal? Or what? Cause its not the same knee from last year that wade has hurt from this year it's the other knee. If he can get it 100% after this season he can be fine next year and back to the wade of last year. The moves are still there hes still beating people with his moves he just can't explode off his leg sonits giving the defender time to get back in position.

Time heals a bone bruise

andrew bynum should just sign a 1 year deal if he feels healthy enough

with the heat , if he balls he'll be 26 next year and can get a max contact

if he goes back to 2011 bynum ,i'll hand him troll of the century for what he

did to the city of philadelphia

so what do you guys think the rockets can get for robinson?

END 24 START 16_8 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--h...space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

SpaceID=2146233486 loc=LOGO noad if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['bRtiEGKL5Wg-']='&U=12c9gbh8s%2fN%3dbRtiEGKL5Wg-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dLOGO%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d0'; fac-gd2-noad gd2-status-2 QYZ CMS_NONE_AVAIL,,98.139.230.80;;LOGO;2146233486;2;if(window.xzq_d==null)window.xzq_d=new Object();window.xzq_d['2ZFutWKL4HE-']='(as$1259fd14b,aid$2ZFutWKL4HE-,cr$-1,ct$25,at$H,eob$-1)';(function(){ var wrap = document.getElementById("yom-ad-LOGO"); if (null == wrap) { wrap = document.getElementById("yom-ad-LOGO-iframe") || {}; } var content = wrap.innerHTML || ""; if (content && content.substr(0, content.lastIndexOf("<script>")).indexOf("loc=LOGO noad") !== -1) { wrap.style.display = "none"; } }())
var t_art_head = new Date().getTime();
[h1]Houston Rockets plan to trade Thomas Robinson to free up cap space for run at Dwight Howard[/h1]20 hours ago

google_ad_section_start
The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of the Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

20130330_kkt_ac6_510-5448528036e27f2fe2ca42021f207d2b
Thomas Robinson averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds last season. (USA Today Sports)The Rockets have made clear to multiple rival teams that they plan to accept the best offer to move Robinson and eliminate his $3.52 million salary for the 2013-14 season.

Without the salary of Robinson and others, the Rockets will have the space to offer Howard a maximum deal starting at approximately $20.5 million a season.

Houston is competing mainly with Dallas – and possibly Golden State – to lure Howard once free agency commences on July 1. Howard has become increasingly intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination, sources said. Houston's supporting cast, including James Harden and Chandler Parsons, is one of the reasons.

The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said.

The Rockets are the second team to move him since he came out of Kansas considered one of the most prepared prospects in the class. The Rockets' coaching staff prefers forwards who can space the floor with their shooting ability but the 6-foot-10 Robinson is a more traditional back-to-the-basket power forward.

His $3.5 million salary most closely matches the money that the Rockets need to unload in order to help secure a maximum contract swap for Howard.

Robinson, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds playing a combined 70 games for the Rockets and Kings. Sacramento traded him to Houston in a package that included Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom