Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to tell people this would be a seven game series. Heat fans better hope Wade wakes up because it's a wrap if he doesn't.

There is a "rising belief" that the Bucks would prefer to re-sign Monta Ellis over Brandon Jennings, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

So where does Jennings end up?

Heat vs Pacers has been a great series. I say the Pacers win in 7.
Seems like the Heat are being out-coached and out-hustled.
:nerd:

Out-hustled yes. Out-coached for the series? I really wouldn't get that far. But it is true that Spo had some bad decisions for Game 4. His rotations were pretty suspect. One that struck me the most was leaving Bron out there against at the 4 for a long stretch in the 4th. Dude is a beast and all but banging with both Hibbert and West down low on the defensive end and carrying your team on offense would mos def take it's toll on you. Being the weak side defender on most of the big's roll to the rim didn't help that much either. Haslem should've gotten more burn. Or maybe get Anthony in for a few minutes against Hibbert, just to vary his looks.

So yes, in a sense Spo was out-coached last night at least.

Once i seen bron guarding west in the paint i knew he would wear down. He did a great job too,but banging down low with a tank like west ain't no damn joke

Man the fact people are entertaining the idea that lebron might go back to cleveland lets you know they have no faith in the current team

And dude who said they could get cousins for tristan is tripping

actually i said:

i would go to the kings and offer tristan thompson and picks OTHER THAN the 1st for cousins (they also have the 19th, 31st and 32nd picks)

and the kings did trade the 5th overall pick (thomas robinson) in the 2012 draft about 4 months into his rookie season (rockets also got francisco garcia and tyler honeycutt)

for: patrick robinson, cole aldrich, toney douglas and $1 mill
You're making it sound like the Maloofs and Geoff Petrie are still running the show tho :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ obviously, if you guys hire someone smart.. that goes out the window, unless they're just tired of him personally

i said that in game 2.

issue is if Shard isnt effective on one end (scoring) its a moot point cause West is gonna bang on him on the other end.
I said it as well as was laughed at. I would have tried Shard this past game. Right now aint the time. Shane and Ray just need to hit their 3s.

Both SAS and skip say it's the right call on lebron. Definitley correct call. But are mad that they called it on a 4 time MVP. Like really?

**** is hilarious. Why not just hand lebron a ring? I mean 4 time MVP? Why even bother? I don't think they were trolling at all

Last edited:
I said it as well as was laughed at. I would have tried Shard this past game. Right now aint the time. Shane and Ray just need to hit their 3s.

True, it might be a little too late for such an adjustment. I'd be very surprised if he does though. That kind of adjustment this late in a series would take darn balls to pull off.

Idc who it is u set a screen n step on the opposing players foot tripping him its a foul. If its a missed call fine but to say don't call it on the mvp is ******g crazy. Like I said before stop spoiling dude, hes a nba player everything doesn't have to get handed to him

That argument is basically, "You don't make that kind of call in the final minutes of a playoff game on a player THAT important". It's not so much "Let's make life easier for Lebron" which critics obviously jump to... but "Let's keep the best players on the court the final minutes". Same thing when KG never gets called for his illegal screens late in games, or if you get Kobe on an iffy reach in call, or Dwight on a 50/50 foul going for a block... refs swallow the whistle and unless it's blatant, won't make that call on a superstar.

A foul is a foul and should be called when it happens. That's how it should be... but that's not how it is a lot of times. Big name players don't get the same treatment as role players, but it's been that way for awhile.

Last edited:
Lebron should be mad at Wade for that foul call. Wade didn't wait til Lebron was completely set to make his move.

And I was furious when KG's screen wasn't called against us. It's a bad argument. Either the superstar argument or the we love lebron argument. He tripped him. They called a foul. It wasn't evethat Ticky tacky on a second look. He looked at him and tripped him.

The wade travel I honestly have no clue if it was correct or not. I really don't know what traveling is anymore.

Last edited:
Do you think Lebron, Wade, and the rest of the superstars know they get a few more calls than the average player?

I mean if there's one game in 50 where they're on the other side (as in last night's game), you'd think they'd be the Alonzo gif

Hopefully the Pacers will bring it to the Heat again like they did in game 1 and 2.

Mentally they got to be strong and don't give in to the refs.

It's not the fact it was called on lebron. Everyone agrees it was a foul and should of been called. It's the fact that both teams were getting away with worse screens all game and in the 47th minute of a 48 minute game they decide they are going to start enforcing the rule.

It's not the fact it was called on lebron. Everyone agrees it was a foul and should of been called. It's the fact that both teams were getting away with worse screens all game and in the 47th minute of a 48 minute game they decide they are going to start enforcing the rule.

Nah lol one of them literally said you can't make that call on a 4 time MVP. It's about who it was called on.

Shump and Kmart got called for touch fouls at the end of a close out game against the pacers. Nobody cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom