Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo is not leaving NY. He's still in the honeymoon stage with Knick fans that might never end (don't know why) - and James Dolan will pay him max money for 45-50 wins and 2nd round exits until he's 35.

Yup, this is why it sucks being a Knick fan. Complete Hell :smh:

Melo is not leaving NY. He's still in the honeymoon stage with Knick fans that might never end (don't know why) - and James Dolan will pay him max money for 45-50 wins and 2nd round exits until he's 35.

Well considering the knicks have been the laughing stock of the L for the past 10 years and haven't had a legitimate star since Patrick Ewing, there's a rwason knicks fans are happy.... I mean every other team in the L not named the Lakers, Spurs, Or Heat have been paying a player max money for no championships so i don't see the resent.

Man the fact people are entertaining the idea that lebron might go back to cleveland lets you know they have no faith in the current team

And dude who said they could get cousins for tristan is tripping

actually i said:

i would go to the kings and offer tristan thompson and picks OTHER THAN the 1st for cousins (they also have the 19th, 31st and 32nd picks)

and the kings did trade the 5th overall pick (thomas robinson) in the 2012 draft about 4 months into his rookie season (rockets also got francisco garcia and tyler honeycutt)

for: patrick robinson, cole aldrich, toney douglas and $1 mill

If its not the number one overall pick the kings wont even think twice about declining that deal, that first pick in the draft is really the only valuable thing they can trade except kyrie

Thomas robinson was dealt cause he didnt see the floor much,

If its not the number one overall pick the kings wont even think twice about declining that deal, that first pick in the draft is really the only valuable thing they can trade except kyrie

Thomas robinson was dealt cause he didnt see the floor much,
my only point with posting that trade.. is because they traded the 5th overall pick 4 months into his rookie year.. and the absurdity of doing so

i'm a thunder fan, if we traded players because of their lack of playing time that they received 4 months into their rookie seasons then.. westbrook, ibaka, harden and lamb would all have been LONG gone from the team

i put nothing past the kings.. do i think they would be getting the proper value from the trade i proposed, not really.. but who knows, i dont think they should have traded robinson (especially for what they received).. and like i said, IF i were running the cavs, i would offer that trade (tristan and the 3 picks)

I'm getting so sick of Stephan A. slurping D-Wade and Lebron man. it's sickening.

It's not to the extent of Skip slurping Tebow but it's on the same level

I'm getting so sick of Stephan A. slurping D-Wade and Lebron man. it's sickening.

It's not to the extent of Skip slurping Tebow but it's on the same level

gotta realize thats one mans opinion and you cant change it...also gotta change the channel...i aint watch sportscenter or espn in months.

Who heard that bucks rather keep monta over brandon jennings?

I wouldn't want either of them on my team, two inefficient volume shooters who don't create shots for others and are underdeveloped defensively. Their GM is a fool, Henson and Sanders are nice though

I wouldn't want either of them on my team, two inefficient volume shooters who don't create shots for others and are underdeveloped defensively. Their GM is a fool, Henson and Sanders are nice though
yup..

you're only going so far when either of those guys are your main guys.. and given the new CPA, you have to properly strutcutre how you're going to allocate your funds throughout your roster..

i would love to see monta transition back into a 6th man role. have the pressure off him and just let him do what he does best and score with the second unit.

Ironic that you, knightdale, durantula, and the other kobe fan were the expected 4 people to comment on this with a comedy like response. You 4 are the biggest trolls in here that do nothing but play the ref card. Once somebody proves to you that it's not so one sided and if it is, its helping the pacers, we get the typical 13 year old nt response; youre mad, hes angry, etc...:tongue:

1.) Im not a Kobe fan.

2.) That wasnt a comedy response like "u mad" or "hes angry", You were saying that all people who complain about the refs should be banned, when youre whole paragraph minus a sentence or 2 was complaining about the refs.

3.) Im not a troll, so dont characterize me as so. The refs were bad yesterday, point blank, but if you're not going to recognize that the heat get help from refs on occasion, than Im not the one whos trolling.

I think its hard to get on Bosh, they never run plays for him anymore, they have turned him into a total stretch big. He's so much more talented than that
Agree with this 100%

Which is why I rarely even talk about Bosh being a reason the Heat lose. He was the Heats savior last season in the Celtics series and pretty obvious that he is the second most important person on the Heat team 90% of the time. Yet the guy is stuck sitting at the 3 pt line for a kick out when Bron drives. Or is there for a random offensive rebound when someone throws up a 3.

Hes a goofy *** dude. But extremely underused for what he could provide. If I were the Heat I would have felt more comfortable running a play for Bosh rather than Wade trying to dance around for a 3 on the travel play. They have 3 games still to get him back in it tho. I have a feeling Bosh will have a couple more plays in the playbook these next few games. If not, and they are going to rely on Wade to come up big then goodluck.

Bosh biggest shortcoming this series isnt his offense. He's just a complementary player to Lebron like everyone else.

They need him to get more defensive rebounds. Dude has more fouls than rebounds in a game?

Thats embarrassing.

Kings might be busy leading up to the draft...

Tyreke Evans to NYC?

Obviously, that deal would have to include Shump, but if they ship out Boogie, they might be trying to rid themselves of all knuckleheads....

who knows?

Cousins might be a large headache. But as a Knicks fan Id rather have him over Tyreke "Mr Glass" Evans. With our training staff he would retire 3 weeks into the season.

I thought the game was very entertaining. IMO the team that gets to more 50/50 balls will win the series. There were so many times in the 4th were momentum changed based on a Hibbert rebound or a Hill dive for a loose ball.

Bosh biggest shortcoming this series isnt his offense. He's just a complementary player to Lebron like everyone else.

They need him to get more defensive rebounds. Dude has more fouls than rebounds in a game?

Thats embarrassing.
He's getting beat down in the paint and then is a decoy on the perimeter for the offense. If Bosh has it cooking offensively, he's much more engaged defensively naturally. G3 they started off with a couple of sets for him. G4 they even started with a set for Bosh, then he picked up 2 quick fouls. So it's partly on Bosh for getting in foul trouble and then on Spo for not calling plays for him when he's actually in there.

It's clear that when he's in the short corner and gives Roy a pump, goes right, and spins left(sig)..he's cooking him with his quickness. At times they'll bring help on the spin, but they still could get him going on the block, it's not as if his footwork has fallen off.

If Wade isn't getting that high pick and roll, his game is hardly anything. Vogel has been backing off hedging on Wade's picks, eliminating the usual euro-step in the lane. Wade is best when he's able to cut baseline or turn that corner off a pick. They've taken both of those options away. :lol: :smh:

edit - They started blitzing the pick and rolls again in G4..and the Heat were still in it after shooting horribly and being slow offensively making decisions.

Last edited:
I thought the game was very entertaining. IMO the team that gets to more 50/50 balls will win the series. There were so many times in the 4th were momentum changed based on a Hibbert rebound or a Hill dive for a loose ball.
The whole series is about who gets the most paint scoring. Neither team is all that great at shooting outside the paint. Heat thrive on driving to the basket and getting to the foul line. And the Pacers thrive on missed shots and offensive rebounds for easy put backs. Right now, the Pacers are playing their game much better. They should be up 3-1 if it werent for Vogel overthinking game 1.

But its all tied up like its supposed to be going back to Miami. Its going to be whoever can dictate the game and play the way they want to who will win the series. Of course refs can swing this series however they want to at any moment. But I'm not going to use that in factoring in who will win this series tho, because both teams have a legit chance at taking 2 of the next 3 games even if the games are called right down the middle.

As of right now it looks like the Pacers should take the series. But I can never count Miami out because of Bron.

Last edited:
Heat vs Pacers has been a great series. I say the Pacers win in 7.
Seems like the Heat are being out-coached and out-hustled.
:nerd:

The series may just come down to if Miami's role players show up. If the role players for Miami contribute then it should be their series.

Last edited:
The series may just come down to if Miami's role players show up. If the role players for Miami contribute then it should be their series.
Pretty much.

the issue is Vogel refuses to play Miamis game (small)

and none of Miamis bigs are efficient bigs

Only Bosh, and now hes playing strictly stretch 4, he cant bang down there.

As long as pacers generate some offense and bang on the boards they can win this series.

Wade is going thru the motions cause hes hurt and older

Bosh should be the number 2 and stick his *** in the block

the rest of the heat bench is hit or more and mostly miss

Heat vs Pacers has been a great series. I say the Pacers win in 7.
Seems like the Heat are being out-coached and out-hustled.
:nerd:

Out-hustled yes. Out-coached for the series? I really wouldn't get that far. But it is true that Spo had some bad decisions for Game 4. His rotations were pretty suspect. One that struck me the most was leaving Bron out there against at the 4 for a long stretch in the 4th. Dude is a beast and all but banging with both Hibbert and West down low on the defensive end and carrying your team on offense would mos def take it's toll on you. Being the weak side defender on most of the big's roll to the rim didn't help that much either. Haslem should've gotten more burn. Or maybe get Anthony in for a few minutes against Hibbert, just to vary his looks.

So yes, in a sense Spo was out-coached last night at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom