Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo is not leaving NY. He's still in the honeymoon stage with Knick fans that might never end (don't know why) - and James Dolan will pay him max money for 45-50 wins and 2nd round exits until he's 35.

That's a good point. As long as Dolan is turning a profit, he doesn't care. I guess they can look at retooling after the 2014/15 season.

*edit*

I just find his comments VERY curious, knowing that there isn't much of anything the Knicks can do to bolster the roster for the next couple of season (minus trading Shump).

Shump for Monta?

*If there are basketball Gods, PLEASE let this happen!!!

Last edited:
Melo is not leaving NY. He's still in the honeymoon stage with Knick fans that might never end (don't know why) - and James Dolan will pay him max money for 45-50 wins and 2nd round exits until he's 35.

That's a good point. As long as Dolan is turning a profit, he doesn't care. I guess they can look at retooling after the 2014/15 season.

*edit*

I just find his comments VERY curious, knowing that there isn't much of anything the Knicks can do to bolster the roster for the next couple of season (minus trading Shump).

Shump for Monta?

why on earth would knick fans want Monta?

:x

if you think thats gonna get you far in the post season then... :rofl: x1000

if cleveland plays their cards right.. i think he's going back there

IF i were in charge of the cavs.. i would go to the kings and offer tristan thompson and picks OTHER THAN the 1st for cousins (they also have the 19th, 31st and 32nd picks)

then draft noel 1st overall and sit him for the year so he can get completely healthy

then next summer:

- hope to sign lebron

- sign a defensive SG who can shoot 3s (like thabo, who will be a free agent)

- then waiters can move to the 6th man role

- they still might have a lottery pick

then you have a team of:

kyrie

thabo

lebron

cousins

noel

bench: waiters, zeller and whoever else

This is nothing new but the refs are ruining the game. Joey Crawford is obviously the worst offender. The idiot constantly tries to make himself part of the game, like he matters. From the dances to the exaggerated motions to the way he talks - he mouths almost every word so clearly like you at home should care about what he's saying.

One day the NBA will need to revamp the way their games are reffed. The game is getting ruined, and fans will tune it out if it gets too bad.

And we're getting to that point. Coaches' gameplans now have to include how they think the game will be reffed. Will it be physical? Will they crack down? And that is not the point of basketball.

I'm tired of seeing fouls called on guys just being there, and a player trying to fight through them at the rim. Let them play. If he can't finish over the defender, that's his damn fault for trying. Unless the defender clearly whacks him or pushes him, there shouldn't be a foul.

Stop letting fouls be a part of the strategy. Let guys battle for position at the post, meet at the rim, body up to their opponents. If the refs tell guys to man up and they're only blowing the whistle on something obvious, it'll deter guys from flopping, acting, just going to the rim and jumping and getting bailed out by a call. And fans will be happier.

Last edited:

*edit*

Shump for Monta?

small ball line up of JR, Melo and Monta
eek.gif
eek.gif

14 for 51
smokin.gif

He is 100% opting out. Why wouldn't he?
waiting for it to come full circle huh?
laugh.gif

That backlash.

Y'all kill me with this, backlash for what?
This is a business, Lebron should go where he has the best chance to succeed. He has no loyalty to the Heat/Cavs/Any other orginization. If Riley can find a way to retool the roster in 2014 I'm sure he'll stay, if not he has no reason too. How many guys have we seen waste their prime years on trash teams? He already did that on the Cavs, there is no glory in that ****.

I hate how there is all of this controversy being discussed on ESPN about the officiating when the whistle didn't go Miami's way for one night. 

Miami gets the majority calls a majority of the time... and nothing is ever discussed. 

Disgusting
mean.gif

Lebron will opt out because he can get a better deal.. whether he resigns with Miami or not

Didn't he take less money to go to Miami? Cuz gets cake all over the place. It's not about the money with him. He's a ring chaser. I don't see anything wrong with wanting rings but he opts out it will not look good on his résumé which is why I think he stays.

Lebron will opt out because he can get a better deal.. whether he resigns with Miami or not

Didn't he take less money to go to Miami? Cuz gets cake all over the place. It's not about the money with him. He's a ring chaser. I don't see anything wrong with wanting rings but he opts out it will not look good on his résumé which is why I think he stays.

I don't see how y'all watch First Take, regardless of the main subject or story.

Except for the occasional round table discussion.

iFjPFIglcSUnz.gif

As much as NBA refs don't really call travel on anyone I'm still surprised they made that call. And it was incorrect, to boot :lol: :smh:

Lance is the kind of live wire you need on your team. Glad to see the improvements he has made to his game and dude has obviously put in lots of work w/ training in workouts because he seems to have more bounce and another step that he did not have earlier on in his career

During Wade's "stepback" he is holding the ball with 2 hands and both feet are in the air. Is that really a step or a jump? It was not that he took too many steps or anything but it was an "up and down" violation.

Man the fact people are entertaining the idea that lebron might go back to cleveland lets you know they have no faith in the current team

And dude who said they could get cousins for tristan is tripping

Spurs have been on fire. They swept the Lakers and the Grizzlies. How big would the earth rumble if they swept Pacers or Heat in the finals to win the championship?

Man the fact people are entertaining the idea that lebron might go back to cleveland lets you know they have no faith in the current team

Tristan and the #1 might get that trade done for Boogie.

Just saw the article P posted from Chad Ford that mentioned Cleveland as a possible destination for Cousins.

I hate how there is all of this controversy being discussed on ESPN about the officiating when the whistle didn't go Miami's way for one night. 

Miami gets the majority calls a majority of the time... and nothing is ever discussed. 

Disgusting
mean.gif

Sportscenter and First Take were disgusting to watch. Rudy Gay had a firm grip on LeBron's nuts and didn't wanna even comment on the issue because he didn't wanna piss off Joey Crawford so he was pointless to even put on the show. They mentioned the missed shot clock violation for like 20 seconds and then continued talking about the Wade and LeBron calls.

actually i said:
 i would go to the kings and offer tristan thompson and picks OTHER THAN the 1st for cousins (they also have the 19th, 31st and 32nd picks)
and the kings did trade the 5th overall pick (thomas robinson) in the 2012 draft about 4 months into his rookie season (rockets also got francisco garcia and tyler honeycutt)

for: patrick robinson, cole aldrich, toney douglas and $1 mill

Last edited:
Opting out gives him options for "wanting rings".. He could take even less money. He could sign for 5 years instead of just a 4 year extension. And of course there is always the possibilty of signing elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom