Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Laker season might be just as big of a disappointment as the first Big 3 Miami Year

this is why I can respect your hoop talk

going to the finals and losing to a hall of famer is as disappointing as 4 potential hall of famers struggling to make the playoffs then getting swept

yea ok
Guessing you meant cant? Not even being sarcastic I just dont want to jump to conclusions

I'm still taking the Heat loss over this Lakers season by a small margin simply becuase of all the things that the Heat did before and after the loss. The Introduction, the dancing, not one not two not three not four, the mocking of Dirk, LBJ coming up extra small, and the "you all have to go back to your regular lives.....", all of those things mark that season for what it was: A team that was supposed to win in their eyes, a team that was supposed to win in the eyes of everyone else, against a team that barely anyone had them losing too.

The Lakers season cant be compared to that. No one ordained the Lakers as champions from the pre season, not even themselves. Everyone knew that Nash and Howard was unhealthy, and "stacked roster" or not, the Lakers werent even the best team the league, much less their conference. A bottom of the barrel bench an "incompetent coach" aging Kobe, etc. They were expected to make noise yes, but they werent expected to win the whole thing in dominating fashion.

:lol: C'mon, you cant believe this. The second the Lakers landed Howard, championship expectations went through the roof, especially from Lakers fans. Then the second OKC traded Harden, Lakers fans basically handed themselves the championship, ready to raise the next banner before a game was played. They didnt give a damn about injuries, or coaching, or the teams abilities to play with each other. They said Dwight would stop all the penetration from opposing guards, Nash and Pau/Dwight would pick and roll the opposition to death, Kobe would still be Kobe. Take a gander at the Lakers offseason and season thread and you'll see what was expected from their season. :rofl:
They may have expected themselves out of the west but they weren't better than Miami to begin with, thats Laker fan dreaming. If someone could, please pull the ESPN pundits NBA champion predictions? Not to prove my point or anything, I'm just curious.

That's what Im talking about, Laker fans. They fully expected to win the championship once they landed Dwight and OKC made their trade. Didnt hear a single Laker fans say " we hitting up the finals but losing to the Heat" It was championship all the way in their eyes.

But you can't count the opinions of the Laker fans in that situation, they're biased. The people who aren't Laker fans have opinions that matter more cause they are objective.

But you can't count the opinions of the Laker fans in that situation, they're biased. The people who aren't Laker fans have opinions that matter more cause they are objective.

What? there were many people who aren't laker fans that said they could/would win it all (before the season started of course)

I think most people assume he's just a product of Pop's system. IMO he's more than that. I think he could've been a legit 1st option on another team.

I agree. I didn't always feel that way, but the last couple seasons have me convinced. He's not just good because he's on the Spurs, he's actually really good.

We did as Laker fans feel we were set for a title run, both with our additions and the Harden trade. Our only fear at the time was Mike Brown. Health too, but to a much lesser degree.

Yeah the Lakers posed a major threat but after the Heat losing in their first year the opinion from the outside was this doesn't guarantee anything. Lakers still had to gel and get chemistry, How healthy would Dwight be, Mike Brown, plus Spurs were still good, KD & Russy would get better, Clippers got a deep bench (some even predicted them to have a better record than the Lakers which happened), Heat being a bigger monster, etc etc.

So no one outside of the Laker fanbased handed them the Western Conference let alone the Ship compared to when I had people who didn't watch basketball in 2010-2011 saying "Of course the Big 3 are gonna win the championship. They're too good" and they probably saw 1 game all year and that was the Christmas game :lol:

But Lakers entire season vs Miami's Finals is a good comparison for higher level of disappointment cause no one had Lakers being this bad. Maybe 2nd round loss to the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers after a 50 win season was the WORST possible scenario for most.

Your original argument was that Not even Lakers fans thought they were gonna win it all goin into the season. That is false. That was their opinion. Majority of everyone else had the Heat repeating.

Last edited:
This can't be good for Noel:

A small handful of NBA teams told ESPN that their doctors believe Kentucky C Nerlens Noel (ACL) will have to miss the entire 2013-14 season.

if you're not biased, then you arent a fan of your team!
Yup, I pick the Spurs to win it all every year and that's not just to prove a point, they're good enough to do it every year

We did as Laker fans feel we were set for a title run, both with our additions and the Harden trade. Our only fear at the time was Mike Brown. Health too, but to a much lesser degree.
basically, but this was almost exclusively to laker fans.

What? there were many people who aren't laker fans that said they could/would win it all (before the season started of course)
Define many. As many as the amount of people who picked OKC? Nope. You also have to take into account that the Lakers have the largest fanbse in basketball. I don't think we'd find a large amount of non laker fans who picked them

As for the comparison, it a legit argument for either side being the bigger disappointment. I would still pick the Lakers since they were below .500 for a good portion of the season, ended up with a lower win percentage, made the playoffs on just the last day of the season , swept in the first round. Most didnt have the Heat winning the chip their first season until they got to the finals. IMO expectations were higher for the Lakers this season than the Heat the first season the big 3 formed.

Your original argument was that Not even Lakers fans thought they were gonna win it all goin into the season. That is false. That was their opinion. Majority of everyone else had the Heat repeating.
What did I say to give that impression cause that was never my argument.

Lebron is a team player and battier is on his team therefore he supports flopping

By that logic, I guess he has to support drugs because birdman is on his team.

He supports flopping because it gives his team edge not because he's a good teammate. It's much easier to go small when you flop your way to calls.

You sound extra mad for no reason. Someone cant disagree with you? **** outta here with that BS.

The subject was on expectations. Based on EXPECTATIONS, everyone had the Miami heat winning it all their first year. So yes their situation is very similar to that of the Lakers this year, BASED ON EXPECTATIONS.

The Mavs team had like 4 hall of famers. This Lakers team has 3-4 hall of famers. The Heat have 3-4 hall of famers. The Spurs have 3 hall of famers. Great.

What 4 hall of famers were on the mavs? I count 2, Dirk and Kidd, with Kidd being like 38, and well past his prime. LMK if im forgetting someone.

Not at all. Before that season, the general consensus was it would take them a year to learn to play together and win it all their second season. Now once they got to the finals, everyone had them beating the Mavs. Obviously that didnt happen. But if you go back, you'll see most didnt expect them win it all their first season together as the season started.

General consensus? Who were the general consensus champs then? Everyone and their mother said they were going to get it done in the first year.

The only storyline????

did you forget the spurs swept bron in his first finals???

its PAYBACK time...

the avengers pounded on superman last time.

guess what? superman got joined batman and the flash and the rest of the justice league

now its all even up for the battle of the decade.

Bron gonna hand coach pop his first finals defeat so clowns cant use that e xcuse for pop being better than phil jackson because hes undefeated in the finals... as if that mattered anyways 11>4 or 5

Partially fixed. Well superman would have atleast landed 1 punch. :smh: . Regardless of whether hes better than phil or not, Pop is still that dude.

This can't be good for Noel:

Cavs tank again and get wiggins or parker and in 7 years after they got a few rings its lebron who? LeWho?

semi srs

By that logic, I guess he has to support drugs because birdman is on his team.

Honestly, not trying to hate on Birdman, but what would be be doing if he wasn't 6'10"? Jail is the first thing that comes to my mind.

No one ordained the Lakers as champions from the pre season, not even themselves.

This is what I was responding to.

No one ordained the Lakers as champions from the pre season, not even themselves.

This is what I was responding to.
That was in reference to the Laker players and organization, not the fans. I expected more realism out if the and wouldn't think they would be crazy enough to think they were getting a chip with that roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom