Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
terrible logic because based on your logic the lakers also got swept by "3 other potential hall of famers"

the hell you talkin bout?

they got SWEPT in the FIRST ROUND yea Kobe was hurt but they where still going home in the first round

you also forgot the part about them struggling to get to the playoffs in the first place

wheres the flaw in that logic?

nevermind keep that stupid *** explanation to yourself

You sound extra mad for no reason. Someone cant disagree with you? **** outta here with that BS.

The subject was on expectations. Based on EXPECTATIONS, everyone had the Miami heat winning it all their first year. So yes their situation is very similar to that of the Lakers this year, BASED ON EXPECTATIONS.

Get that through your head You brought a whole different argument with hall of famers into the picture and losing in the Finals. Once again EXPECTATIONS.

Not at all. Before that season, the general consensus was it would take them a year to learn to play together and win it all their second season. Now once they got to the finals, everyone had them beating the Mavs. Obviously that didnt happen. But if you go back, you'll see most didnt expect them win it all their first season together as the season started.

Last edited:
This Laker season might be just as big of a disappointment as the first Big 3 Miami Year
this is why I can respect your hoop talk

going to the finals and losing to a hall of famer is as disappointing as 4 potential hall of famers struggling to make the playoffs then getting swept

yea ok
Guessing you meant cant? Not even being sarcastic I just dont want to jump to conclusions

I'm still taking the Heat loss over this Lakers season by a small margin simply becuase of all the things that the Heat did before and after the loss. The Introduction, the dancing, not one not two not three not four, the mocking of Dirk, LBJ coming up extra small, and the "you all have to go back to your regular lives.....", all of those things mark that season for what it was: A team that was supposed to win in their eyes, a team that was supposed to win in the eyes of everyone else, against a team that barely anyone had them losing too.

The Lakers season cant be compared to that. No one ordained the Lakers as champions from the pre season, not even themselves. Everyone knew that Nash and Howard was unhealthy, and "stacked roster" or not, the Lakers werent even the best team the league, much less their conference. A bottom of the barrel bench an "incompetent coach" aging Kobe, etc. They were expected to make noise yes, but they werent expected to win the whole thing in dominating fashion.

That Heat loss is the biggest upset in recent sports memory. Every time that new Dirk commerical comes on TV, a part of LeBron dies.

If you cant respect my opinion because of this then IDK what to say.
Not at all. Before that season, the general consensus was it would take them a year to learn to play together and win it all their second season. Now once they got to the finals, everyone had them beating the Mavs. Obviously that didnt happen. But if you go back, you'll see most didnt expect them win it all their first season together as the season started.
I remember a few sports pundits saying that before the season started, but once the playoffs got here and like you siad the finals, everyone and their mom was on the bandwagon. Not to mention the overhwelming opinion of the general public that the Heat were going to win.

Last edited:
Serious question: why don't people like Tony Parker more? I mean, he's really, really good. I wouldn't call his game boring. And he's got 3 rings. Yet, I don't think I've ever seen/heard people identify him as their favorite player. He also seems to routinely get left out of the best PG discussions.

I don't like him all that much myself, but I can't really figure out why.
probably because he plays for the spurs. a lot of people tend to find the spurs boring. parker > cp3. cp3 plays in lob city where its always entertaining.

You sound extra mad for no reason. Someone cant disagree with you? **** outta here with that BS.

The subject was on expectations. Based on EXPECTATIONS, everyone had the Miami heat winning it all their first year. So yes their situation is very similar to that of the Lakers this year, BASED ON EXPECTATIONS.

The Mavs team had like 4 hall of famers. This Lakers team has 3-4 hall of famers. The Heat have 3-4 hall of famers. The Spurs have 3 hall of famers. Great.

so coming up one step short of your expected goal is the same as never being close? oh ok

I told you to save the stupid *** explanation you delievered one tho heavy on the stupid

Guessing you meant cant? Not even being sarcastic I just dont want to jump to conclusions

I'm still taking the Heat loss over this Lakers season by a small margin simply becuase of all the things that the Heat did before and after the loss. The Introduction, the dancing, not one not two not three not four, the mocking of Dirk, LBJ coming up extra small, and the "you all have to go back to your regular lives.....", all of those things mark that season for what it was: A team that was supposed to win in their eyes, a team that was supposed to win in the eyes of everyone else, against a team that barely anyone had them losing too.

The Lakers season cant be compared to that. No one ordained the Lakers as champions from the pre season, not even themselves. Everyone knew that Nash and Howard was unhealthy, and "stacked roster" or not, the Lakers werent even the best team the league, much less their conference. A bottom of the barrel bench an "incompetent coach" aging Kobe, etc. They were expected to make noise yes, but they werent expected to win the whole thing in dominating fashion.

That Heat loss is the biggest upset in recent sports memory. Every time that new Dirk commerical comes on TV, a part of LeBron dies.

I remember a few sports pundits saying that before the season started, but once the playoffs got here and like you siad the finals, everyone and their mom was on the bandwagon. Not to mention the overhwelming opinion of the general public that the Heat were going to win.
while I still disagree at least there was thought put into this I can respectfully agree to disagree

I get what you meant now tho and thats what debates for

repped bruh

Brian Windhorst just reported that the league has been on a winning streak ratings wise for the last couple of years. In which he says if you notice the Spurs have not been deep in the playoffs during that time period, and has you know it they go deep this year and ESPN took a ratings plunge in the conference finals. WOW.( I am excited to see the Spurs, basic basketball at its best) The only storyline they can drum up for the finals is : that the Spurs and Heat really have not played in the last few years because of sitting players or LeBron getting revenge from 2007 with a totally different team. But it is funny how on most shows people are putting the Heat in the finals already....

The only storyline????

did you forget the spurs swept bron in his first finals???

its PAYBACK time...

the avengers pounded on superman last time.

guess what? superman got batman and the flash and the rest of the justice league

now its all even up for the battle of the decade.

Bron gonna hand coach pop his first finals defeat so clowns cant use that e xcuse for pop being better than phil jackson because hes undefeated in the finals... as if that mattered anyways 11>4 or 5

Ugh_

LeBron James labeled flopping “not even a bad thing” when asked how well the NBA’s anti-flopping policy has worked in it’s inaugural season.

According to CBS Sports:

“It hasn’t been a problem for many guys at all,” James said. “I don’t really pay too much attention to it. I think it’s been good, I guess.”

And since we’re guessing here, I guess LeBron was talking about the policy itself, not the fact that it has proved to be woefully ineffective at stopping the bane of basketball, the trickery and foolishness that are ruining the games.

“It’s year one, so you’re not just going to go cold turkey,” James said. “Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it’s not even a bad thing. You’re just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it.”
mean.gif

Julius F. Wrek
He's a sucker for advocating that bull ****. There's nothing good about theatrics on a basketball court.

*in before his white knight crusade rush to his defense*

This Laker season might be just as big of a disappointment as the first Big 3 Miami Year

going to the finals and losing to a hall of famer is as disappointing as 4 potential hall of famers struggling to make the playoffs then getting swept

yea ok

:lol: C'mon, you cant believe this. The second the Lakers landed Howard, championship expectations went through the roof, especially from Lakers fans. Then the second OKC traded Harden, Lakers fans basically handed themselves the championship, ready to raise the next banner before a game was played. They didnt give a damn about injuries, or coaching, or the teams abilities to play with each other. They said Dwight would stop all the penetration from opposing guards, Nash and Pau/Dwight would pick and roll the opposition to death, Kobe would still be Kobe. Take a gander at the Lakers offseason and season thread and you'll see what was expected from their season. :rofl:

Last edited:
Ugh_

LeBron James labeled flopping “not even a bad thing” when asked how well the NBA’s anti-flopping policy has worked in it’s inaugural season.

According to CBS Sports:

“It hasn’t been a problem for many guys at all,” James said. “I don’t really pay too much attention to it. I think it’s been good, I guess.”

And since we’re guessing here, I guess LeBron was talking about the policy itself, not the fact that it has proved to be woefully ineffective at stopping the bane of basketball, the trickery and foolishness that are ruining the games.

“It’s year one, so you’re not just going to go cold turkey,” James said. “Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it’s not even a bad thing. You’re just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it.”
mean.gif

Julius F. Wrek
He's a sucker for advocating that bull ****. There's nothing good about theatrics on a basketball court.

*in before his white knight crusade rush to his defense*
well damn
mean.gif

Well Im sure someone dumb and ignorant enough to call a man a pedophile without any supporting evidence doesnt care, but you've already shown yourself to be a classless gent so no surprise here.

Have a good day sport. :wink:

you know whats almost as creepy as a grown crack head having sex with an underage girl? a creepy individual following someone stalking them in every thread on niketalk :nerd:

go back to general where you belong in the conspiracy theory threads with your tin foil hat and vest looking for leprechauns champ

congrats on making the ignore list buddy.

that list includes only you little slugger

Last edited:

while I still disagree at least there was thought put into this I can respectfully agree to disagree

I get what you meant now tho and thats what debates for

repped bruh
Yeah I can definitely see where you're coming from too, the Lakers hype was nuts, and we all saw what happened on here when the team wasnt performing close to expectations.

yea ok

laugh.gif
C'mon, you cant believe this. The second the Lakers landed Howard, championship expectations went through the roof, especially from Lakers fans. Then the second OKC traded Harden, Lakers fans basically handed themselves the championship, ready to raise the next banner before a game was played. They didnt give a damn about injuries, or coaching, or the teams abilities to play with each other. They said Dwight would stop all the penetration from opposing guards, Nash and Pau/Dwight would pick and roll the opposition to death, Kobe would still be Kobe. Take a gander at the Lakers offseason and season thread and you'll see what was expected from their season.
roll.gif
They may have expected themselves out of the west but they weren't better than Miami to begin with, thats Laker fan dreaming. If someone could, please pull the ESPN pundits NBA champion predictions? Not to prove my point or anything, I'm just curious.

Y
C'mon... Y'all don't want to hear extreme insight on the SPURS?
DBD been ridin with his squad hardbody for years though, he should be able to shine with his squad while he can... It's not like we'll see the SPURS on this stage for another 10+ years.

there have been spurs fans on here longer than him. they deserve more shine than that lil 16 year old brat. that one guy named PO comes to mind. been on here for a long time and reps the spurs with class and respect unlike others.

i dont think the spurs will dip into being a non contender for a while. regardless of the age of their vets, they draft really well.

Tim Duncan aint retiring brah, dude still got game and you dont retire a champ especially after an amazing year in the regular season and if they win the chip.

yea duncan aint retiring no time soon.

Last edited:
funny as hell

we ALL know russy went down but the amount of yellow is nuts

that chart has to be before the season started so it has nothng to do with westbrook going down... nobody would pick the lakers with kobe and nash out...

Last edited:
Lebron is a team player and battier is on his team therefore he supports flopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom