Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Before that season, the general consensus was it would take them a year to learn to play together and win it all their second season. Now once they got to the finals, everyone had them beating the Mavs. Obviously that didnt happen. But if you go back, you'll see most didnt expect them win it all their first season together as the season started.

General consensus? Who were the general consensus champs then? Everyone and their mother said they were going to get it done in the first year.

Wait, what? Maybe in hindsight once they lost to Mavs everyone said so. But going into that season, Lakers had just twopeated. They added even more to their roster and many said that was a even more loaded roster than the previous two that had just one championships. Most thought the Lakers would threepeat as it was in Phil Jacksons fashion. Many analysts all over said it would take a season for the Heat to learn to play together.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/10/02/survey-predictions/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-NBAChamps

Last edited:
You’re just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it.”
Nobody likes it, but he's right, though.

My favorite thing is when people say that guys like LeBron and Chris are "too good" to resort to those tactics.

I'm more mad at the guys who aren't trying as hard to win every second of every game because they have "integrity" or whatever nonsense you want to come up with. Get real.

Wait, what? Maybe in hindsight once they lost to Mavs everyone said so. But going into that season, Lakers had just twopeated. They added even more to their roster and many said that was a even more loaded roster than the previous two that had just one championships. Most thought the Lakers would threepeat as it was in Phil Jacksons fashion. Many analysts all over said it would take a season for them to learn to play together.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/10/02/survey-predictions/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-NBAChamps

Im assuming those were all before the CP3 deal, where a key piece of theirs got all emotional over a trade that didnt happen. Miami was 2nd in everything else to the lakers btw.

CP3 was the following offseason after the Lakers got swept. Those predictions are for the season the Mavs mopped up the Lakers.

Last edited:
This can't be good for Noel:

A small handful of NBA teams told ESPN that their doctors believe Kentucky C Nerlens Noel (ACL) will have to miss the entire 2013-14 season.
If these teams are smart, they keep him where they had him on their board so they can be right back at the top of the lottery next year.

Then you luck into Wiggins or even Parker/Randle/Smart like San Antonio lucked into Duncan when the Admiral was limited to 6 games the year before.

Any of those 4 & Noel is better than whoever they draft this year to help them scratch & claw for the 8th or 7th seed only to get swept by Miami/Chi/Indy in round 1.

Last edited:
A team of a prime Kyrie, Wiggins/parker, Noel, Varejao, and Waiters as a 6th man aint no joke

laugh.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

who raised you?

laugh.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

who raised you?
dude is predicting the 'prime' of a bunch of dudes who arent even in the league, plus a dude who just completed his sophomore season...
roll.gif

dudes aint NOWHERE near theyre prime...so how can one gauge such a thing??

NTers and yall hypotheticals...smh

Serious question: why don't people like Tony Parker more? I mean, he's really, really good. I wouldn't call his game boring. And he's got 3 rings. Yet, I don't think I've ever seen/heard people identify him as their favorite player. He also seems to routinely get left out of the best PG discussions.

I don't like him all that much myself, but I can't really figure out why.
The media often latches onto to the same players when discussing best point guard (Heck, some people think Kyrie is already better than Parker!).

Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA.

I don't think Memphis/SA was a boring series at all, but the Spurs sure did rope-a-dope to Grizzlies for 3 of the 4 games. Even when they had only 4-5 point leads, it never truly seemed like they were threatened, bit did JUST enough to make it interesting.

I don't think Memphis/SA was a boring series at all, but the Spurs sure did rope-a-dope to Grizzlies for 3 of the 4 games. Even when they had only 4-5 point leads, it never truly seemed like they were threatened, bit did JUST enough to make it interesting.
When you have to rely on Quincy Pondexter and Bayless, you have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom