Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of a flagrant than this:

Which was a clear acting job also.

Does the LBJ hate blind people from seeing what happened in this play? His head snapped back and the whip lash is what made LBJ respond like that, not the fact that he got hit in the head. People always talk about this one when it comes to flopping.

i dont even care if you believe the crap you typed

just shut up

More of a flagrant than this:

Which was a clear acting job also.

Does the LBJ hate blind people from seeing what happened in this play? His head snapped back and the whip lash is what made LBJ respond like that, not the fact that he got hit in the head. People always talk about this one when it comes to flopping.

i dont even care if you believe the crap you typed

just shut up

Phil jackson on the current state of the NBA. I agree the most with the flow of the game being ruined

In person, Jackson’s voice is low and growly — a result of two elbows he took to the throat in his playing days. In conversation he comes off as both surprisingly shy and sometimes almost recklessly candid. He has based his entire career on the notion of basketball as a spiritual enterprise, and as such he considers the N.B.A. to be something like the Catholic Church: a powerful but flawed institution charged with administering that spirituality to the masses. Jackson is a born reformer, and when I asked him how the league might be changed to bring it more in line with the purity of the game, he — predictably — had lots to say.

The court should be lengthened and widened, he said, to accommodate the athleticism of today’s players. Timeouts and commercial breaks need to be cut back to restore the sport’s natural flow. Refereeing is a mess: they should stand closer to the action the way they did in the old days, so they can see the fouls better. They also need to find a way to control illegal contact: defensive players holding, offensive players pushing off (“LeBron James,” Jackson said, “has the best ‘off’ arm in the game”). James Naismith, Jackson said, invented basketball as “anti-football,” a sport in which brute violence would be replaced by free-moving fluidity, but excessive contact has destroyed that fluidity. Also, today’s players are allowed to cheat when they dribble: they routinely put their hand under the ball, which gives them far too much control. As a result, the game has become much more dependent on dribbling, less on motion and passing and teamwork. Over all, Jackson thinks the N.B.A. should aspire to be more like soccer, which has managed to remain a global juggernaut without corrupting the sanctity of its game. (“Although their jerseys are a mess,” he admits.)

So after reading that Dwight is really interested in joining the Rockets, it got me thinking....what exactly would the Lakers plan be next year if Dwight leaves them? Kobe will be out for most, if not the entire year. Pau only has one year left on his deal and Nash was atrocious last year.

Wiggins/parker sweepstakes

Wiggins/parker sweepstakes

Yep. That's what I would do if I was the Lakers. If Dwight bails, just write off next season, get a nice lottery spot and wait for cap space to clear for 2014-2015. Any move they could make to try and stay competitive next year would just be a band-aid, wouldn't solve their long terms problems and could limit their flexibility going forward. Just take your Ls in 2013-2014, hope you wind up with a real good draft pick and work on bringing in Kevin Love, etc. for the next season.

lakers are done with or without doubt. i really respect the hell out of kobe but i dont see his career ending any better than it did this year, fighting for a playoff spot.

im more curious to see how miami shakes out after its big 3 opt out of their deals

^^^ Its not that far-fetched that the Lakers could wind up with a high lottery pick after next season. If Dwight leaves and Kobe doesn't play most of next season, the Lakers are going to be pretty bad.

Last edited:
Well if the Lakers trade Pau and Nash, Dwight leaves and Kobe sits out the season....they're getting a top 3 pick next year. Lakers might as well amnesty Kobe if Dwight does leave. They would be in complete rebuilding mode and there would be no point in Kobe going back to that team.

Well if the Lakers trade Pau and Nash, Dwight leaves and Kobe sits out the season....they're getting a top 3 pick next year.

Even if they don't trade those guys, they likely are still a lottery team. A line up of Nash, Meeks, MWP, Pau and Earl Clark/Sacre/Jamison(?) is not going to get them into the playoffs in the West.

Phil jackson on the current state of the NBA. I agree the most with the flow of the game being ruined

In person, Jackson’s voice is low and growly — a result of two elbows he took to the throat in his playing days. In conversation he comes off as both surprisingly shy and sometimes almost recklessly candid. He has based his entire career on the notion of basketball as a spiritual enterprise, and as such he considers the N.B.A. to be something like the Catholic Church: a powerful but flawed institution charged with administering that spirituality to the masses. Jackson is a born reformer, and when I asked him how the league might be changed to bring it more in line with the purity of the game, he — predictably — had lots to say.

The court should be lengthened and widened, he said, to accommodate the athleticism of today’s players. Timeouts and commercial breaks need to be cut back to restore the sport’s natural flow. Refereeing is a mess: they should stand closer to the action the way they did in the old days, so they can see the fouls better. They also need to find a way to control illegal contact: defensive players holding, offensive players pushing off (“LeBron James,” Jackson said, “has the best ‘off’ arm in the game”). James Naismith, Jackson said, invented basketball as “anti-football,” a sport in which brute violence would be replaced by free-moving fluidity, but excessive contact has destroyed that fluidity. Also, today’s players are allowed to cheat when they dribble: they routinely put their hand under the ball, which gives them far too much control. As a result, the game has become much more dependent on dribbling, less on motion and passing and teamwork. Over all, Jackson thinks the N.B.A. should aspire to be more like soccer, which has managed to remain a global juggernaut without corrupting the sanctity of its game. (“Although their jerseys are a mess,” he admits.)

Phil Jackson needs to go away for good......there's a reason soccer is where it's at right now...it's because it's soccer :stoneface:

maybe im late but this is a good video from cp3 and lbj

i believe its the more not so much commercial stuff thats authentic they dropping small jewels

maybe im late but this is a good video from cp3 and lbj

i believe its the more not so much commercial stuff thats authentic they dropping small jewels

Good post dude. What CP3 said at the end is my #1 reason why so many busts happen each draft in every sport. To many dudes stop working hard once they get drafted and become content with being average.

im sorry kobe. lesson learned never support or be enthusiastic for an injury a sports star suffers from. It doesnt hurt me until it hit home. Hope for a speedy recovery from crabs and kobe. i will never again do what id did in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom