Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Allen did hit his head on the floor? It look like he did
His head definitely hit the floor. but he exaggerated the hell out of it. it wasn't when he first landed it was after he slid and almost came to a complete stop, just lightly bumped his head
Watch the actual replays on a TV not on a GIF. He did not hit his head on the floor even a little bit. Dude sold the hell out of that to get the flagrant knowing they were down 4 with 30 or so seconds left. He did what he had to do for the team. I get why he did it, but it was a ***** move.

His head definitely hit the floor. but he exaggerated the hell out of it. it wasn't when he first landed it was after he slid and almost came to a complete stop, just lightly bumped his head

Watch the actual replays on a TV not on a GIF. He did not hit his head on the floor even a little bit. Dude sold the hell out of that to get the flagrant knowing they were down 4 with 30 or so seconds left. He did what he had to do for the team. I get why he did it, but it was a ***** move.

When they slowed it down during the game you can clearly see his head didn't hit the floor. The gif moves so fast, it looks like it did.

I'm sure somebody already said it but those Grizz missed lay ups reminded of Charles Smith. "Smith stopped, Smith stopped, Smith stopped". :lol:

that was a ***** move but no mention on manu making no play on the ball, and just ripping tony allen out of midair by the arm. ight man.

i really don't see a good reason for dwight to resign with LA over joining houston, all bias aside.

the lakers don't stand to be a contender next year with or without him = a whole season wasted.
he'd be banking on the lakers signing marquee players 2 years from now which is very likely, but no guarantee of who. houston already has a core in place.
yes theres an extra year and 30 mill more guaranteed. it's also substantially cheaper to live in houston than LA, and we have no state income tax.

just my 2 cents

that was a ***** move but no mention on manu making no play on the ball, and just ripping tony allen out of midair by the arm. ight man.

Exactly. In real time it looks like a regular foul. Slow it down, you see him yank his arm down nowhere near the ball. I think his position and momentum on the play made it look worse than his intention. He got beat, tried to recover to block, but missed because he was fading away from Tony Allen due to their angles. He got caught trying to make a play on the ball but simply missed it.

Last edited:
idk why yall predict the lakers downfall...

the lakers trajectory is always going up...

why should it change now?

Good post dude. What CP3 said at the end is my #1 reason why so many busts happen each draft in every sport. To many dudes stop working hard once they get drafted and become content with being average.
i agree 100000% :smokin

i like when he said u have to start all over because its soo true

Last edited:
Tony absolutely did not hit his head. On the live play I thought, "why is he grabbing his head?" :lol:

Like I said before. Dwight gets fouled like that ten times a game.

i really don't see a good reason for dwight to resign with LA over joining houston, all bias aside.

the lakers don't stand to be a contender next year with or without him = a whole season wasted.
he'd be banking on the lakers signing marquee players 2 years from now which is very likely, but no guarantee of who. houston already has a core in place.
yes theres an extra year and 30 mill more guaranteed. it's also substantially cheaper to live in houston than LA, and we have no state income tax.

just my 2 cents

I've said it before, HOU would be the perfect fit for his personality. He wouldn't have to deal that championship or nothing pressure. He can win some games and joke around as much as he wants.

As a Laker fan I would like him to stay but this dude flip flops so much and he just comes off as weak minded. If he leaves, he leaves.

just my 2 cents

I've said it before, HOU would be the perfect fit for his personality. He wouldn't have to deal that championship or nothing pressure. He can win some games and joke around as much as he wants.

As a Laker fan I would like him to stay but this dude flip flops so much and he just comes off as weak minded. If he leaves, he leaves.

yeah i don't think our city would put that type of pressure on him, but don't mistake that for having low expectations. a lot of the public is of the anti d12 sentiment just because they feel he's been "whiny". IMO, his issues in orlando stemmed from lack of a supporting cast which houston can readily offer. that and winning cures everything.

Pulling someone down in mid air is always going to be called a flagrant. The are correct ways to foul hard and that's not it. Very dangerous.

Phil jackson on the current state of the NBA. I agree the most with the flow of the game being ruined

In person, Jackson’s voice is low and growly — a result of two elbows he took to the throat in his playing days. In conversation he comes off as both surprisingly shy and sometimes almost recklessly candid. He has based his entire career on the notion of basketball as a spiritual enterprise, and as such he considers the N.B.A. to be something like the Catholic Church: a powerful but flawed institution charged with administering that spirituality to the masses. Jackson is a born reformer, and when I asked him how the league might be changed to bring it more in line with the purity of the game, he — predictably — had lots to say.

The court should be lengthened and widened, he said, to accommodate the athleticism of today’s players. Timeouts and commercial breaks need to be cut back to restore the sport’s natural flow. Refereeing is a mess: they should stand closer to the action the way they did in the old days, so they can see the fouls better. They also need to find a way to control illegal contact: defensive players holding, offensive players pushing off (“LeBron James,” Jackson said, “has the best ‘off’ arm in the game”). James Naismith, Jackson said, invented basketball as “anti-football,” a sport in which brute violence would be replaced by free-moving fluidity, but excessive contact has destroyed that fluidity. Also, today’s players are allowed to cheat when they dribble: they routinely put their hand under the ball, which gives them far too much control. As a result, the game has become much more dependent on dribbling, less on motion and passing and teamwork. Over all, Jackson thinks the N.B.A. should aspire to be more like soccer, which has managed to remain a global juggernaut without corrupting the sanctity of its game. (“Although their jerseys are a mess,” he admits.)

That's the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

I agree with all of it.

Genius.

:lol: at Chris pushing for the Clippers to sign D. West because he knows Griffin isn't !+%*.

I found that kinda funny too. Making a sales pitch for West when he plays the same position as the Clippers best player outside of Paul, and it's not even a stretch for Chris to ask either.

just my 2 cents

yeah i don't think our city would put that type of pressure on him, but don't mistake that for having low expectations. a lot of the public is of the anti d12 sentiment just because they feel he's been "whiny". IMO, his issues in orlando stemmed from lack of a supporting cast which houston can readily offer. that and winning cures everything.

I hear you. In LA he's got deal with living up to Shaq, Kareem and Wilt. Then when Kobe retires all of the focus would be on him and he's not built for that. In HOU he can be the number 2 guy to Harden and it seems like that would the perfect role for him.

Last edited:
Because the visionary that made the Lakers what they are died and his idiot son replaced him.

And because they're true star has an injury that its not clear when he's coming back from, if he comes back from it at all; and their other "star" seems to be leaning toward signing with another team.

And if their trajectory is always up, how come they went from a division champ and 3 seed in 2012 to a seventh seed in 2013, despite supposedly reloading?

When Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak called Phil Jackson to tell him the Lakers were hiring Mike D'Antoni instead of him as coach, he responded the only way he knew how.

"I laughed," Jackson told ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" show Wednesday. "It was humorous to me when Mitch said that we think that Mike is a better coach for this group of guys."

Hey_

Welp_

Stephen A. Smith already pre-empting a possible poor performance by D Wade with the "not a 100%" bs.

Julius F. Wrek

**** is ridiculous.
Wade gets a continuous pass for poor play and a decline in skill by being "Not 100%."

WHO THE **** IS 100% IN THE PLAYOFFS?
Everyone is beat up man.
You think Ginobli, Duncan, and Parker aren't beat up? Dudes are all dealing with issues. They are out their ballin.

You think David West, Hibbert, George Hill aren't all dealing with injury issues? They all are. But they aren't constantly talking about it.

If the Pacers lose, itll be because the Heat are the better team.
If the Heat lose, itll be because "D-Wade wasn't 100%"

I respect Steven A.'s insight on basketball, but when it comes to D.Wade he is frustrating as hell.
I mean dude played like 1 a game a week in the last few weeks of the reg season and even missed a playoff game.

Banged up is a term for minor stuff, Wade is clearly past that.

The fact that they already locked up home court in the east had more to do with him casually sitting out games than him being seriously injured. Of course I know his knee has problems, I don't think it's fake. But if they were in a heated playoff race he wouldn't have missed any of those games. Bron even took a few nights off to rest his body.

The severity of D Whistle's "injuries" are in direct correlation to how much he embarrasses himself on the court.

Julius F. Wrek

When Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak called Phil Jackson to tell him the Lakers were hiring Mike D'Antoni instead of him as coach, he responded the only way he knew how.

"I laughed," Jackson told ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" show Wednesday. "It was humorous to me when Mitch said that we think that Mike is a better coach for this group of guys."

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom