Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo! Sports ‏@YahooSports 34m
RT @dailythunder: Kevin Durant has donated $1 million to the Red Cross for Tornado relief.

This is cool. Good for KD.

I missed this earlier

Man KD is just a good guy.

How many times do you see a celebrity donate that much to charity?

I don't know how anybody could possibly hate on this dude.

Last edited:
You guys let Tony Allen's acting job influence your opinion of the actual play. That was clearly a flagrant. You can't grab a guy's arm and pull him out of midair.
You are the only person I have seen say this. Everyone else that I've seen comment on it, professional or otherwise said it was a good play on the ball to stop a layup.
It was a good foul not a flagrant but when it comes to midair takedowns I've seen many be called flagrant in the past and wasn't surprised the refs stuck with that call. Midair fouls like that are dangerous. Tony sold it for sure but just think what if he didn't brace himself and actually hit his head. Refs would've upped that to a flagrant 2 :lol:

Be happy with the win since Grizz coughed it up in OT. It's not like Tony Allen is some notorious flopper. Enjoy the irony that the actual flopper, Ginobli, got called for the flagrant; karma if you subscribe to it.

Good for Tony Allen.
smokin.gif
Bout time someone Manu-ed Manu.

Freaking Grizzlies losing.
tired.gif
All bad. They're not winning all 3 in Memphis. Both games, blowouts that they pulled to a respectable score... forced OT this time... but still lost.

Game 3, c'mon bhz and memphisboi and whoever else! Squad up!

I can't have the freaking Spurs in the Finals again, man. Not Manu.

Least Bowen's long gone.

Good for Tony Allen. :smokin Bout time someone Manu-ed Manu.

Freaking Grizzlies losing. |I All bad. They're not winning all 3 in Memphis. Both games, blowouts that they pulled to a respectable score... forced OT this time... but still lost.

Least Bowen's long gone.
i think they are the only 2... :lol:

What I found most surprising was Memphis' bigs having such a tough time getting up shots. Spur bigs were giving them FITS. Zbo was visibly frustrated both games. Spurs are so skilled and coached so well that it doesn't make any sense. Chris palmer made a claim that parker may be the best guard drafted in his decade. We all know Duncan is a certified hof'er and ginobli plays his role so well. Spur heat final would be like fire and ice, 2 extremes.

Freaking Grizzlies losing. |I All bad. They're not winning all 3 in Memphis. Both games, blowouts that they pulled to a respectable score... forced OT this time... but still lost.

Least Bowen's long gone.

No way!

I've never seen Manu flopped like Allen flopped.

Allen is way more solid than Manu is too.

But Manu has some pretty funny flops on Youtube but he's far from the worse

Least Bowen's long gone.

Don't forget Memphis was getting beat up by the Clippers in Game 2 until Memphis came back from double figures in the 4th and Paul made the game winning jumper. All Memphis needed to do was find a lineup and formula to beat the Spurs and they did.

Has anyone learned to never count this team out? :lol: Now, if they lose on Saturday or Monday, sure I will understand. But, being down 0-2, when they found a way to put pressure on the Spurs does not mean its over. Not to mention, the team is undefeated at home this postseason. Its not going to be easy.

Last edited:
While Tony Allen flopped last night, it was still a flagrant I thought. When they slowed it down, his momentum carried him past the ball and he had no choice but to grab his arm and yanked him down.

Just a thought, do you have to be lightskinned to play on the Spurs or something. They stay having lightskinned dudes on the team, the the exception of Kawai Leonard and TMac :lol:, and maybe a couple of others, but for the most part, the team is beige.

The people who are saying it was still a flagrant with or without Allen's theatrics wouldn't have the same tone if that was any Miami Heat or San Antonio Spurs player.

Yea it was still going to be called a flagrant. That's why I don't understand why people are making a big deal about it and why TA even did it in the first place. He didn't have to sell it in order to get the call. He could've just laid there for a minute to catch his breath and the reaction by his teammates on the court would've forced the refs to look at the tape.

Saying that it was going to be called a flagrant and not that IT WAS a flagrant is two different things.

I bet nobody gonna jack with Tony Allen about it, though. :lol:

Last edited:
Manu's foul was just a simple foul to prevent the easy layup/dunk. There was nothing that made it worth bumping to a flagrant.

So how many flagrant fouls have you seen this year that should not have been called, but were called anyway? What makes you think this one would have been so different when it shows Ginobili PULLING Allen's arm down?

Like I said, its wasn't a flagrant, but I've seen a ton of calls that were not flagrants end up being flagrants. This is no different, so regardless if he pretended to have head trauma after the play or not, it was going to be called. I don't see why that's so hard to believe.

Most of the time the real flagrants end up being flagrant 2's.

Maybe im different. But as a ref, I wouldnt have given him a flagrant if I went back and looked at it just off the fact that this dude tried to make it seem like someone hit him in the head with a baseball bat. Then once he heard the flagrant call over the PA dude hopped up like nothing. He wasnt going to get up till he heard that flagrant call. He was even calling dudes off like dont pick me up yet.

I fully understand that by the rules that COULD be ruled a flagrant. But if Im gonna get to go look at a replay and clearly see this guy is trying to make a fool out of me and everyone else watching the game im not gonna reward that. It wasnt that hard of a foul in the first place to even be a legit F1. The only thing that warranted the initial call was his acting job. If he just fell and got back up thats a regular foul. Hell, it took damn near 3 minutes of him rolling around for them to even call it an F1 in the first place.

But at the end of the day the Spurs won so it really didnt matter too much in the grand scheme of things. I just want to see a fine and then it wont even really bother me too much. Because as much as I hate flopping, it has become part of the game. Because a little fine isnt going to stop a guy from trying to get a call to win a game. Flopping wont stop until there are suspensions. So fine the guy and move on to game 3.

Last edited:
Welp_

Stephen A. Smith already pre-empting a possible poor performance by D Wade with the "not a 100%" bs.

Julius F. Wrek

KD is the man, great person and role model.
No doubt he is one of a kind.
tonypaaain.gif

That was flagrant? This league is a joke
mean.gif
This is perfect basketball by Tony Parker. Hes made the jump to unguardable off the pick and roll. You go under the screen and hes taking the mid range and making it, you go over it and hes blowing by you and setting someone up. A+++
      Quote:
18 assists on TP's part? dude is straight having his way with the griz god damn
Tony Parker definitely showed a different side last night.  Some people think he's looking more to score than anything, but not so much with last night's play

Last edited:
So after reading that Dwight is really interested in joining the Rockets, it got me thinking....what exactly would the Lakers plan be next year if Dwight leaves them? Kobe will be out for most, if not the entire year. Pau only has one year left on his deal and Nash was atrocious last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom