Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durant averaged more minutes a game anyway.

Of course you didnt, just like you didnt take into account the 15 games Melo missed.

But this doesn't matter in per game #'s obviously.

Melo is good. but he is also fat. he gets more respect bc knicks fans d ride him. he is also fat. bmore dont like his fat *** also

Give Jordan/Scottie, or Kobe/Shaq to any decent head coach, they'll win it all.

How many other coaches have had the luxury of always having a Top-10 ALL-TIME player on their roster for their entire coaching career?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's a great coach. But he's also the most overrated.

When was last time he didn't coach the consensus overall best player in the League? 2011? How'd that end up? A sweep by the Mavs?

Just saying. Put in perspective that he's always had the most dominant player in the NBA at the time.

And none of those "best players in the league at the time" won anything before Jackson got there. That has to account for something, if not a lot.

Ok Whatever :lol:

This whole conversation has gotten old. Melo won the scoring title. People try and turn it into something else as usual bc they dont like Melo. We get it.

And what i was getting at in those 15 games missed, is in direct reference to man's post about KD dropping 50 in blowout wins.

What if Melo played those 15 games. Who's to say he couldnt have Averaged 35 during those games? But then again, I wont because that would be dumb hindsight.

Last edited:
Fantasy dilemma. I'm in the championship in my league. Tonight is the last night. Need a strong showing. What do you think of this lineup as far playing players who will actually see minutes?

PG Monta Eliis
SG Evan Turner
G Corey Brewer
SF Jimmy Butler
PF Jeff Green
F Chris Copeland
C Bismack Biyombo
C Zach Randolph
UTIL Chandler Parsons
UTIL Nikola Vucevic
UTIL DeMarcus Cousins
BN Joe Johnson
BN Kenneth Faried (inj)
BN Jason Thompson

I've been wheeling and dealing since the playoffs began, that's why my team is so whacky. :lol:

Yes it does because if it wasnt bron wouldve had the scoring title in 2010 and kobe last year

Really man?

It's based off POINTS PER GAME.

Points divided by number of games played. If Kobe had played in the last game of last season and scored his season average (27) he still wouldn't have won the scoring title because it's points divided by games played. He needed to score like 40 in that game to win the scoring title.

Some of y'all need to stay in school man :lol:

Last edited:
KD should easily, and I mean easily have the scoring title.

If Westbrook fed the beast some more anyways Westbrook needs 460 some odd points to beat Melo

Lets goooo :smokin

So Phil freaking Jackson is just... some dude now?

Yikes!

"Give any decent coach MJ & Scottie or Kobe & Shaq, and they'll win it all."

Sooo... Del Harris is... below decent then?

I mean, if that's what you're saying, then say it. But there was a coach who had Kobe and Shaq together... and didn't win it all. More than just one season, too.

Bring in Phil... back2back2back.

Could have been done by... well, you or me, actually.

No?

MDA sounds like Forrest Gump 
laugh.gif

Why is Dwight doing a speech inspired by 300.......

A) he's not funny

B)*spoiler alert* the spartans got wiped out in that battle 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And none of those "best players in the league at the time" won anything before Jackson got there. That has to account for something, if not a lot.

Kobe and Scottie were both brand new to the League before Phil got there.

Scottie had three seasons before Phil came, and they were getting better each year.

They couldn't get past the Pistons, they finally did.

Shaq was easily the best player in the League when the Lakers went on their three-peat. Not even close. After Shaq left, Phil left with him.

How great were those 05 Lakers-07 Lakers?

Then they get Pau Gasol? Easily one of the best teammates Kobe has ever had? One of the easiest to manage?

So Phil freaking Jackson is just... some dude now?

Yikes!

"Give any decent coach MJ & Scottie or Kobe & Shaq, and they'll win it all."

Sooo... Del Harris is... below decent then?

I mean, if that's what you're saying, then say it. But there was a coach who had Kobe and Shaq together... and didn't win it all. More than just one season, too.

Bring in Phil... back2back2back.

Could have been done by... well, you or me, actually.

No?

I'm saying exactly what I've said already multiple times.

Answer these to me, and tell me if any other coach in the history of the NBA has ever had these luxuries.

1) When was the last time Phil Jackson coached and didn't have the best player in the NBA?
2) If he didn't, what was the result?

It doesn't matter if you're Wilt Chamberlain, or Michael Jordan, or Shaq.

There was a coach who had Kobe and Shaq, sure. But there was also a coach who had Mike and Scottie at the same time. Let's also not act like a pup-Kobe and Shaq also faced the #1 overall seed in the West Utah Jazz in 1997 and 1998.

The three times that the Lakers lost in the Playoffs before Phil got there was against the #1 seed EACH time.

Karl Malone, John Stockton, and David Robinson weren't the same after those three seasons.

Sounds like a good time for Phil to come on board!!!

I'm not saying Phil Jackson isn't a great coach. He is.

At the same time, he's also the most fortunate coach of all-time.

Bottom line: No other coach in NBA history has had the best player in the league at that time as often as he as. No other coach has had the luxury of coaching three of the Top-10 All-time NBA players.

That last bit is undeniable. If he comes back to coach, it's going to be the same thing. He's not going to coach the Raptors.

Give Jordan/Scottie, or Kobe/Shaq to any decent head coach, they'll win it all.

How many other coaches have had the luxury of always having a Top-10 ALL-TIME player on their roster for their entire coaching career?

How many other coaches have 11 championships?

There is no proving that all the talent he had was the main reason, nor is there any proving that Phil's coaching put those groups over the top. All there is are his accomplishments. There's no sense inflating or marginalizing what he's done.

I will say that he commands respect in a way that no other coach has. I'm not sure if any other coach could've shouldered the weight of the Bulls era or the Kobe/Shaq drama for as long as Phil did (but again there's no proving that). That doesn't have to do necessarily with Xs and Os, but managing your talent is just as important.

Last edited:
I'll just throw this out there.

1994 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls (#3 seed). Second Round exit.
No Michael Jordan.

1995 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls (#5 seed). Second Round exit.
No Michael Jordan.

2004 NBA Playoffs: LA Lakers (#2 seed). NBA Finals loss.
Four Hall-of-Famers, losing to a team with no stars.

2006 NBA Playoffs: LA Lakers (#7 seed). First Round exit.
No Shaq.

2007 Playoffs: LA Lakers (#7 seed). First round exit.
No Shaq.

2011 Playoffs: LA Lakers (#2 seed). Second Round sweep.
Two-time defending champ losing, he bolts.

Phil's resume without Jordan or Shaq, 2-6. Phil's resume with Jordan or Shaq, 9-1.

Forbes just listed Miami heat fans as the most loyal fan base in the NBA

The art of trolling is gone. You gotta finesse it damnit.

I'll just throw this out there.

Phil's resume without Jordan or Shaq, 2-6. Phil's resume with Jordan or Shaq, 9-1.

Didn't know JapanAir was Mark Cuban all this time :nerd:

For me, the bottom line is: we don't know if the Bulls and Lakers would've won in 90-93, 96-98, 00-02, 09-10 with a different coach. Impossible to tell, so it's moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom