Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know JapanAir was Mark Cuban all this time
nerd.gif

For me, the bottom line is: we don't know if the Bulls and Lakers would've won in 90-93, 96-98, 00-02, 09-10 with a different coach. Impossible to tell, so it's moot.
c'mon man yeah we do.  maybe not as many but pretty much all of those teams were championship caliber squads regardless of the coach.  did u guys forget that players win and coaches lose in the NBA?

Missed most of the Phil frontrunner/not frontrunner talk, but I really would like to see what he could do with a team like the Nuggets or Pacers, just good to very good teams who don't have stars, just to see what would happen. Hell, let him coach the Kings just to makes things interesting.

Missed most of the Phil frontrunner/not frontrunner talk, but I really would like to see what he could do with a team like the Nuggets or Pacers, just good to very good teams who don't have stars, just to see what would happen. Hell, let him coach the Kings just to makes things interesting.

But he wont' do it. Because that's not what he does.

That's my entire point.

Phil won't coach a Bobcats team.

He'll only coach teams with superstars.

c'mon man yeah we do.  maybe not as many but pretty much all of those teams were championship caliber squads regardless of the coach.  did u guys forget that players win and coaches lose in the NBA?

And how do we know that for sure? :lol:

If that's the way you wanna look at it, fine... but don't act like it's an accepted fact and we're just TOO STUPID to admit it.

That's my entire point.

Well, for a coach of his stature, I think picking jobs is different than for Mike Dunlap or even Rick Carslile. He's content with being out of work vs. coaching a team destined to fail no matter what.

Anyway,

He is reportedly interested in the potential Seattle organization. It's unclear if he'd coach or be in the FO but one of his goals would be to mentor Brian Shaw into a head coaching role, which to me sounds like he'll be participating in some kinda coaching role in the beginning...

Last edited:

That's my entire point.

Well, for a coach of his stature, I think picking jobs is different than for Mike Dunlap or even Rick Carslile. He's content with being out of work vs. coaching a team destined to fail no matter what.

Anyway,

He is reportedly interested in the potential Seattle organization. It's unclear if he'd coach or be in the FO but one of his goals would be to mentor Brian Shaw into a head coaching role, which to me sounds like he'll be participating in some kinda coaching role in the beginning...
I wonder if he'd be interested with the new Sacramento group too 
nerd.gif

That's my entire point.

Anyway,

nerd.gif

I wouldn't be.

That's my entire point.

Anyway,

nerd.gif
I wouldn't be.
Phil 
eek.gif
 is that you?!?!

nerd.gif

Probably not. He'd only take the (potential) Seattle one because it's prolific at this moment.

But that doesn't really fit the definiton of frontrunning, cause the team would still suck and probably will for a while

Just some points i wanted to make from discussion on the previous pages

1. The Knick/Melo hate is STRONG.
2. Melo wouldnt need to attempt 30 shots a game if he had Russell ******g Westbrook on his team.
3. Whoever is comparing Melo's nuggets teams to the last 2-3 year Thunder teams does not know basketball. A Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka > anything Denver ever had.
4. There wasnt ONE time when Melo lost to a worst team in the 1st round. The Nuggets always lost to a WCF/Finals/Championship team.

I just have one question though: Lets say Durant doesnt win **** for the next 5-7 years. Does he still get a pass?

So KD shoots a higher percentage from more places, gets to the line more, more assists, more dunks, etc. then what exactly does Melo do better offensively besides this unsupported by reality hyperbole, "Melo can score in more ways from everywhere on the floor!"

You guys realize you can just do this.

KD

Carmelo

Set historical marks yet still came up short. Missed out on joining Wilt and MJ with 4 straight.

Literally waved the white flag and all.

He needed something like 70 points tonight to win the scoring title. He had no chance of winning it.

Last edited:
I'll just throw this out there.

1994 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls (#3 seed). Second Round exit.
No Michael Jordan.

1995 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls (#5 seed). Second Round exit.
No Michael Jordan.

2004 NBA Playoffs: LA Lakers (#2 seed). NBA Finals loss.
Four Hall-of-Famers, losing to a team with no stars.

2006 NBA Playoffs: LA Lakers (#7 seed). First Round exit.
No Shaq.

2007 Playoffs: LA Lakers (#7 seed). First round exit.
No Shaq.

2011 Playoffs: LA Lakers (#2 seed). Second Round sweep.
Two-time defending champ losing, he bolts.

Phil's resume without Jordan or Shaq, 2-6. Phil's resume with Jordan or Shaq, 9-1.

If we were face to face right now I would slap the taste out your mouth. :lol:

Stop being a troll.

Phil lost MICHAEL JORDAN in 1994 and was one play away from the conference finals. That bulls season might have been his best ever. They lost MICHAEL JORDAN and dropped TWO ******g games in the standing JA. TWO. Michael, Jordan. **** outta here with that second round ********. That roster, without Mike was coming off back to back to back finals, you don't think some legs were tired you damn clown?

1995, they lost WITH Mike, who'd been on the team for 8 weeks. Shut the hell up.

2006 he had the Kwame, Smush, Luke STARTING LINEUP, and came ONE rebound away from beating a 57-58 win 2 seed. They needed ONE rebound, and failed. That ain't on Phil. Miss me with your stupid *** argument.

2011, his team came off back to back to back Finals, and ran out of gas. Same as 2003. ZERO teams have made it to 4 straight Finals since the 87 Celtics, and the Celtics lost that series. (and guess what, that roster was on FUMES)

You are a complete moron if you think Phil is overrated because he won with some stars. No ****** **** he won with some stars, like 4 teams in the entire history of the NBA have been won without stars, get a God damn clue.

EVERY elite coach has had stars. Riley, Red, Pop, Sloan, Phil, ALL OF THEM. The NBA is RUN BY STARS, this is not a secret. Your title was won by what, a STAR. Dirk won your title, not Jet, not Marion, not anybody, DIRK. Does the rest of the team help? Yes. Does the coach help? YES. But DIRK went out there and made every key play you could point to. And Carlisle called the shots, ran the rotations, prepared the players, eased up, pushed, did whatever he needed on a daily basis. And they got the title. Then were swept in the first round the next season. Winning back to back is not easy. Doing it with FOUR seperate teams, that only include 1-2 players the same on each of those 4 is NOT a coincidence.

Make ZERO mistake. Phil won with Mike, Scottie, Shaq and Kobe. Yet, the first 3-peat had some big moments for John Paxson. The next Steve Kerr. His next had Robert Horry and his last couple Derek Fisher. Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Brian Shaw, Horace Grant, they all had their finest moments under Phil. They all made plays you never would expect them to.

Damn near every single time a Phil team had a tough beat, they adjusted, and came back with a W. Clockwork.

He has a .704 regular season record, his PLAYOFF record is .688. Against the best teams in the league, EVERY year, his winning percentage dropped 2 ******g points. George Karl has .599 regular season record, and has a LOSING record in the playoffs. Karl has had 50-60 win teams every God damn year, and loses in round 1 4 outta 5 times.

Jerry Slaon had 2 HOFers play 15+ years under him, same system, never ever ever ever hurt, won at a .603 clip, has a LOSING record in the playoffs.

Phil can lose his next 124 playoff games and STILL HAVE A WINNING RECORD.

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR.

The man dealt with star players fighting, Dennis God damn Rodman, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum, he SAT Scottie Pippen during a HUGE playoff moment, and Kukoc went out and hit the shot HE called.

You call him overrated. You absolutely should be suspended for a month for this ****. Serious as ****. You just tried to point to 5-6 seasons to define Phil Jackson's career, and used the ones where his team had an extra 60+ playoff games on their legs twice, the season AFTER Mike retired and dropped a whole 2 games in the standings, a year in which his 2 players were fighting tooth and nail, and a season in which he was ONE lone rebound away from beating a 2 seed with Kwame, Smush, and Luke Walton as STARTERS. That season alone should get him into the HOF. Smush never started again. Luke never started again. Do I need to mention Kwame. ALL 3 STARTED, IN THE NBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for ***** sake. They almost beat a 2 seed with 3 bums the DLeague wouldn't have. 1 damn rebound. :smh:

You do this again and I put you on ignore. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Just some points i wanted to make from discussion on the previous pages

1. The Knick/Melo hate is STRONG.
2. Melo wouldnt need to attempt 30 shots a game if he had Russell ******g Westbrook on his team.
3. Whoever is comparing Melo's nuggets teams to the last 2-3 year Thunder teams does not know basketball. A Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka > anything Denver ever had.
4. There wasnt ONE time when Melo lost to a worst team in the 1st round. The Nuggets always lost to a WCF/Finals/Championship team.

I just have one question though: Lets say Durant doesnt win **** for the next 5-7 years. Does he still get a pass?

Yes because he's made it out of the 1st round more than once and his team has been a championship contender.

Last edited:
I'll just throw this out there.

1994 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls (#3 seed). Second Round exit.
No Michael Jordan.

1995 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls (#5 seed). Second Round exit.
No Michael Jordan.

2004 NBA Playoffs: LA Lakers (#2 seed). NBA Finals loss.
Four Hall-of-Famers, losing to a team with no stars.

2006 NBA Playoffs: LA Lakers (#7 seed). First Round exit.
No Shaq.

2007 Playoffs: LA Lakers (#7 seed). First round exit.
No Shaq.

2011 Playoffs: LA Lakers (#2 seed). Second Round sweep.
Two-time defending champ losing, he bolts.

Phil's resume without Jordan or Shaq, 2-6. Phil's resume with Jordan or Shaq, 9-1.

If we were face to face right now I would slap the taste out your mouth.

Stop being a troll.

Phil lost MICHAEL JORDAN in 1994 and was one play away from the conference finals. That bulls season might have been his best ever. They lost MICHAEL JORDAN and dropped TWO ******g games in the standing JA. TWO. Michael, Jordan. **** outta here with that second round ********. That roster, without Mike was coming off back to back to back finals, you don't think some legs were tired you damn clown?

1995, they lost WITH Mike, who'd been on the team for 8 weeks. Shut the hell up.

2006 he had the Kwame, Smush, Luke STARTING LINEUP, and came ONE rebound away from beating a 57-58 win 2 seed. They needed ONE rebound, and failed. That ain't on Phil. Miss me with your stupid *** argument.

2011, his team came off back to back to back Finals, and ran out of gas. Same as 2003. ZERO teams have made it to 4 straight Finals since the 87 Celtics, and the Celtics lost that series. (and guess what, that roster was on FUMES)

You are a complete moron if you think Phil is overrated because he won with some stars. No ****** **** he won with some stars, like 4 teams in the entire history of the NBA have been won without stars, get a God damn clue.

EVERY elite coach has had stars. Riley, Red, Pop, Sloan, Phil, ALL OF THEM. The NBA is RUN BY STARS, this is not a secret. Your title was won by what, a STAR. Dirk won your title, not Jet, not Marion, not anybody, DIRK. Does the rest of the team help? Yes. Does the coach help? YES. But DIRK went out there and made every key play you could point to. And Carlisle called the shots, ran the rotations, prepared the players, eased up, pushed, did whatever he needed on a daily basis. And they got the title. Then were swept in the first round the next season. Winning back to back is not easy. Doing it with FOUR seperate teams, that only include 1-2 players the same on each of those 4 is NOT a coincidence.

Make ZERO mistake. Phil won with Mike, Scottie, Shaq and Kobe. Yet, the first 3-peat had some big moments for John Paxson. The next Steve Kerr. His next had Robert Horry and his last couple Derek Fisher. Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Brian Shaw, Horace Grant, they all had their finest moments under Phil. They all made plays you never would expect them to.

Damn near every single time a Phil team had a tough beat, they adjusted, and came back with a W. Clockwork.

He has a .704 regular season record, his PLAYOFF record is .688. Against the best teams in the league, EVERY year, his winning percentage dropped 2 ******g points. George Karl has .599 regular season record, and has a LOSING record in the playoffs. Karl has had 50-60 win teams every God damn year, and loses in round 1 4 outta 5 times.

Jerry Slaon had 2 HOFers play 15+ years under him, same system, never ever ever ever hurt, won at a .603 clip, has a LOSING record in the playoffs.

Phil can lose his next 124 playoff games and STILL HAVE A WINNING RECORD.

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR.

The man dealt with star players fighting, Dennis God damn Rodman, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum, he SAT Scottie Pippen during a HUGE playoff moment, and Kukoc went out and hit the shot HE called.

You call him overrated. You absolutely should be suspended for a month for this ****. Serious as ****. You just tried to point to 5-6 seasons to define Phil Jackson's career, and used the ones where his team had an extra 60+ playoff games on their legs twice, the season AFTER Mike retired and dropped a whole 2 games in the standings, a year in which his 2 players were fighting tooth and nail, and a season in which he was ONE lone rebound away from beating a 2 seed with Kwame, Smush, and Luke Walton as STARTERS. That season alone should get him into the HOF. Smush never started again. Luke never started again. Do I need to mention Kwame. ALL 3 STARTED, IN THE NBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for ***** sake. They almost beat a 2 seed with 3 bums the DLeague wouldn't have. 1 damn rebound. :smh:

You do this again and I put you on ignore. :stoneface:

Yeah Japanair21 is definitely trolling or clueless :lol:

I like JA, he's good people and always has been, but dude should be ashamed for that one, wear a scarlett letter or somethin. :lol:

Maybe he was just tryin to get me to type. :smh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom