Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Knicks starting five of Pablo Prigioni, Iman Shumpert, James White, Chris Copeland and Earl Barron will go up against Atlanta's starting five of Shelvin Mack, John Jenkins, DeShawn Stevenson, Anthoyn Tolliver and Ivan Johnson."

:x :lol:

Just some points i wanted to make from discussion on the previous pages

1. The Knick/Melo hate is STRONG.
2. Melo wouldnt need to attempt 30 shots a game if he had Russell ******g Westbrook on his team.
3. Whoever is comparing Melo's nuggets teams to the last 2-3 year Thunder teams does not know basketball. A Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka > anything Denver ever had.
4. There wasnt ONE time when Melo lost to a worst team in the 1st round. The Nuggets always lost to a WCF/Finals/Championship team.

I just have one question though: Lets say Durant doesnt win **** for the next 5-7 years. Does he still get a pass?

Yes because he's made it out of the 1st round more than once and his team has been a championship contender.

I thought this was one of the main reasons Lebron got criticized before he went to the Heat. The fact that he cant win and constantly gets eliminated. So Mr. Golden Boy I get to the FT line 15x a game gets a pass. OK

Last edited:
He wasnt going to do it though
I know. Because if melo heard he was playing he would walk out like Willis Reed, score 4 points and take the title away anyway
smokin.gif
th

KD needs 70 for the title. If Melo checked in, scored 4 points and left, KD would only need 41.

Last edited:
"The Knicks starting five of Pablo Prigioni, Iman Shumpert, James White, Chris Copeland and Earl Barron will go up against Atlanta's starting five of Shelvin Mack, John Jenkins, DeShawn Stevenson, Anthoyn Tolliver and Ivan Johnson."

Good lord.:lol:

As a Knicks fan, I'm eager to see Q and Earl Barron, though. But besides that, this'll be a snoozefest.:lol:

*watches to see QRich make a fool of himself.

I thought this was one of the main reasons Lebron got criticized before he went to the Heat. The fact that he cant win and constantly gets eliminated.

I don't think logical people really criticized Bron for not winning with the Cavs because the rest of his team was below average at best, the fact they made it to the finals period with that team is amazing.

Ppl criticized him in the 2011 finals because his performance against Dallas was the definition of choking.

sick.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

I thought this was one of the main reasons Lebron got criticized before he went to the Heat. The fact that he cant win and constantly gets eliminated.

I don't think logical people really criticized Bron for not winning with the Cavs because the rest of his team was below average at best, the fact they made it to the finals period with that team is amazing.

Ppl criticized him in the 2011 finals because his performance against Dallas was the definition of choking.

He couldve took them to the NBA Finals in 2009 and 2010

I mean, they had an easy route to the ECF, Cavs were a top defensive team with good rebounders and good shooters, they were never a slouch as a team.

How many coaches? Try coming up with your own argument rather than throwing silly little smilies my way.

No other coach has had the luxury of having so much talent.

Is that his fault? Should he turn down jobs with star players?

No other? Pop? Red? Riley?

If we were face to face right now I would slap the taste out your mouth. :lol:

Stop being a troll.

Phil lost MICHAEL JORDAN in 1994 and was one play away from the conference finals. That bulls season might have been his best ever. They lost MICHAEL JORDAN and dropped TWO ******g games in the standing JA. TWO. Michael, Jordan. **** outta here with that second round ********. That roster, without Mike was coming off back to back to back finals, you don't think some legs were tired you damn clown?

1995, they lost WITH Mike, who'd been on the team for 8 weeks. Shut the hell up.

2006 he had the Kwame, Smush, Luke STARTING LINEUP, and came ONE rebound away from beating a 57-58 win 2 seed. They needed ONE rebound, and failed. That ain't on Phil. Miss me with your stupid *** argument.

2011, his team came off back to back to back Finals, and ran out of gas. Same as 2003. ZERO teams have made it to 4 straight Finals since the 87 Celtics, and the Celtics lost that series. (and guess what, that roster was on FUMES)

You are a complete moron if you think Phil is overrated because he won with some stars. No ****** **** he won with some stars, like 4 teams in the entire history of the NBA have been won without stars, get a God damn clue.

EVERY elite coach has had stars. Riley, Red, Pop, Sloan, Phil, ALL OF THEM. The NBA is RUN BY STARS, this is not a secret. Your title was won by what, a STAR. Dirk won your title, not Jet, not Marion, not anybody, DIRK. Does the rest of the team help? Yes. Does the coach help? YES. But DIRK went out there and made every key play you could point to. And Carlisle called the shots, ran the rotations, prepared the players, eased up, pushed, did whatever he needed on a daily basis. And they got the title. Then were swept in the first round the next season. Winning back to back is not easy. Doing it with FOUR seperate teams, that only include 1-2 players the same on each of those 4 is NOT a coincidence.

Make ZERO mistake. Phil won with Mike, Scottie, Shaq and Kobe. Yet, the first 3-peat had some big moments for John Paxson. The next Steve Kerr. His next had Robert Horry and his last couple Derek Fisher. Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Brian Shaw, Horace Grant, they all had their finest moments under Phil. They all made plays you never would expect them to.

Damn near every single time a Phil team had a tough beat, they adjusted, and came back with a W. Clockwork.

He has a .704 regular season record, his PLAYOFF record is .688. Against the best teams in the league, EVERY year, his winning percentage dropped 2 ******g points. George Karl has .599 regular season record, and has a LOSING record in the playoffs. Karl has had 50-60 win teams every God damn year, and loses in round 1 4 outta 5 times.

Jerry Slaon had 2 HOFers play 15+ years under him, same system, never ever ever ever hurt, won at a .603 clip, has a LOSING record in the playoffs.

Phil can lose his next 124 playoff games and STILL HAVE A WINNING RECORD.

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR.

The man dealt with star players fighting, Dennis God damn Rodman, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum, he SAT Scottie Pippen during a HUGE playoff moment, and Kukoc went out and hit the shot HE called.

You call him overrated. You absolutely should be suspended for a month for this ****. Serious as ****. You just tried to point to 5-6 seasons to define Phil Jackson's career, and used the ones where his team had an extra 60+ playoff games on their legs twice, the season AFTER Mike retired and dropped a whole 2 games in the standings, a year in which his 2 players were fighting tooth and nail, and a season in which he was ONE lone rebound away from beating a 2 seed with Kwame, Smush, and Luke Walton as STARTERS. That season alone should get him into the HOF. Smush never started again. Luke never started again. Do I need to mention Kwame. ALL 3 STARTED, IN THE NBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for ***** sake. They almost beat a 2 seed with 3 bums the DLeague wouldn't have. 1 damn rebound. :smh:

You do this again and I put you on ignore. :stoneface:

All that, and you still can't debate the point that he always had the best players in the League when he coached.

There's a difference between playing with stars, and picking and choosing who you coach for.

Jordan left the second time in 98, so did he. Two years later, he's with the most dominant big man in a long time, when there were no more dominant big men. Shaq left, so did he the first time. When he came back? The Lakers were mediocre before Pau came.

Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, all Hall-of-Fame kinda guys. You're right, it's stars that win in the NBA.

But Phil only coaches GOATs.

There's guys like Clyde Drexler, Isiah Thomas, and David Robinson, then there's Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq.

Phil doesn't coach those first group of guys. Not the latter.

And that's my point.

He's a great coach, and he always has been. But he has the luxury to pick and choose his superstars. No other guy has ever had that.

No other guy had the luxury of coaching Michael Jordan in his prime. No other guy had the luxury of coaching Shaq in his prime when he was lightyears, LIGHTYEARS ahead of every single player in the early 2000s.

But he wont' do it. Because that's not what he does.

That's my entire point.

Phil won't coach a Bobcats team.

He'll only coach teams with superstars.

And why the hell would he? You think pop would do that? Or any other legendary coach? You win 11 rings why the hell would you coach one of the worst teams in the league? Do not insult legends...

If we were face to face right now I would slap the taste out your mouth.
laugh.gif

Stop being a troll.

Phil lost MICHAEL JORDAN in 1994 and was one play away from the conference finals. That bulls season might have been his best ever. They lost MICHAEL JORDAN and dropped TWO ******g games in the standing JA. TWO. Michael, Jordan. **** outta here with that second round ********. That roster, without Mike was coming off back to back to back finals, you don't think some legs were tired you damn clown?

1995, they lost WITH Mike, who'd been on the team for 8 weeks. Shut the hell up.

2006 he had the Kwame, Smush, Luke STARTING LINEUP, and came ONE rebound away from beating a 57-58 win 2 seed. They needed ONE rebound, and failed. That ain't on Phil. Miss me with your stupid *** argument.

2011, his team came off back to back to back Finals, and ran out of gas. Same as 2003. ZERO teams have made it to 4 straight Finals since the 87 Celtics, and the Celtics lost that series. (and guess what, that roster was on FUMES)

You are a complete moron if you think Phil is overrated because he won with some stars. No ****** **** he won with some stars, like 4 teams in the entire history of the NBA have been won without stars, get a God damn clue.

EVERY elite coach has had stars. Riley, Red, Pop, Sloan, Phil, ALL OF THEM. The NBA is RUN BY STARS, this is not a secret. Your title was won by what, a STAR. Dirk won your title, not Jet, not Marion, not anybody, DIRK. Does the rest of the team help? Yes. Does the coach help? YES. But DIRK went out there and made every key play you could point to. And Carlisle called the shots, ran the rotations, prepared the players, eased up, pushed, did whatever he needed on a daily basis. And they got the title. Then were swept in the first round the next season. Winning back to back is not easy. Doing it with FOUR seperate teams, that only include 1-2 players the same on each of those 4 is NOT a coincidence.

Make ZERO mistake. Phil won with Mike, Scottie, Shaq and Kobe. Yet, the first 3-peat had some big moments for John Paxson. The next Steve Kerr. His next had Robert Horry and his last couple Derek Fisher. Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Brian Shaw, Horace Grant, they all had their finest moments under Phil. They all made plays you never would expect them to.

Damn near every single time a Phil team had a tough beat, they adjusted, and came back with a W. Clockwork.

He has a .704 regular season record, his PLAYOFF record is .688. Against the best teams in the league, EVERY year, his winning percentage dropped 2 ******g points. George Karl has .599 regular season record, and has a LOSING record in the playoffs. Karl has had 50-60 win teams every God damn year, and loses in round 1 4 outta 5 times.

Jerry Slaon had 2 HOFers play 15+ years under him, same system, never ever ever ever hurt, won at a .603 clip, has a LOSING record in the playoffs.

Phil can lose his next 124 playoff games and STILL HAVE A WINNING RECORD.

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR.

The man dealt with star players fighting, Dennis God damn Rodman, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum, he SAT Scottie Pippen during a HUGE playoff moment, and Kukoc went out and hit the shot HE called.

You call him overrated. You absolutely should be suspended for a month for this ****. Serious as ****. You just tried to point to 5-6 seasons to define Phil Jackson's career, and used the ones where his team had an extra 60+ playoff games on their legs twice, the season AFTER Mike retired and dropped a whole 2 games in the standings, a year in which his 2 players were fighting tooth and nail, and a season in which he was ONE lone rebound away from beating a 2 seed with Kwame, Smush, and Luke Walton as STARTERS. That season alone should get him into the HOF. Smush never started again. Luke never started again. Do I need to mention Kwame. ALL 3 STARTED, IN THE NBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for ***** sake. They almost beat a 2 seed with 3 bums the DLeague wouldn't have. 1 damn rebound.
mean.gif

You do this again and I put you on ignore.
indifferent.gif
who were the stars on that detroit time? lol just funny with ya....but i see ya point. but the bulls didnt just have stars...you arguable had the best sg/sf of alltime...with from a stat point the best 3 point shooter of all time...with the best rebounder of all time... phil has damn near coached the top 10 players of all time, or at the very least top 1-5 of their era on every team he has coached. that cant really be said about no other coach... outside red... and hell they won what 12 years in a row. So yea having a few greatest players of all time at their perspective position...isnt quite the same as having a great player...or a team with a few allstars

"All that, and you still can't debate the point that he always had the best players in the League when he coached."

Can the argument be made that Phil helped MAKE these stars to be the best in the league? Were the other teams the Bulls went against devoid of talent? Did the Jazz not have two hall of famers also? Did the Pacers, Knicks, Pistons, Lakers, etc...lack talent? Is Jordan not "Jordan" if he was never coached by Phil? Very valid questions IMO.

who were the stars on that detroit time? lol just funny with ya....but i see ya point. but the bulls didnt just have stars...you arguable had the best sg/sf of alltime...with from a stat point the best 3 point shooter of all time...with the best rebounder of all time... phil has damn near coached the top 10 players of all time, or at the very least top 1-5 of their era on every team he has coached. that cant really be said about no other coach... outside red... and hell they won what 12 years in a row. So yea having a few greatest players of all time at their perspective position...isnt quite the same as having a great player...or a team with a few allstars

Top rebounder and 3 pt shooter?

Rodman n kerr were not part of that first 3 peat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom