Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"CP is going to hate me eternally for this, but Phil's eleven rings to me are equivalent to Robert Horry's overrated career."

Holy ****.

Phoenix didn't even start Dragic. I need Denver to take care of this game early so Mozgov and Hamilton can get some play and we can chill for the playoffs

Dude Phil only coached in 2 cities!

You act like he's just hopping to whatever the superstars are at :lol:

He coached Pippen without Jordan and did well

He coached Kobe when they had nobody

Bill Fitch coached Larry Legend and Hakeem....he only has one ring

Pat Riley coached Magic, Kareem, Ewing and Mourning...He has 5 rings

Phil has double rings of Pat

Again. That's my point.

Yes he coached Kobe and Pippen without anyone else. And they didn't win. You can make excuses that they were so-and-so plays away from winning, as can dozens of other teams.

Ewing, Mourning, young-Wade, Hakeem, Magic and Larry Bird are not Michael Jordan, Kobe, or Shaq.

CP is going to hate me eternally for this, but Phil's eleven rings to me are equivalent to Robert Horry's overrated career.

Alot people in the Kobe is overrated and the Laker Hater threads would love to disagree with you :lol:

Alot people in the Kobe is overrated and the Laker Hater threads would love to disagree with you :lol:

You see what my point is though? Phil doesn't coach just superstars. He coaches the greatest of all time. I can count the number of players better than Shaq, Kobe, or Jordan on one hand.

And in their time of their prime, they were so much better than the field it's not even close.

Pat Riley never did that. Or Greg Pop. Nobody.

Dudes really gon be pissed when la make the playoffs thanks to utah losing

Really dont see why its such a big deal to them. Not like the lakers are going to make noise in the playoffs anyways if they do make it. Guys got some serious mental problems in here

This Utah vs Memphis game is like watching paint dry.
roll.gif

I understood maybe 70% of what ty corbin said 

And just to clarify, I'm saying that Phil is similar to Horry in that he was in a right time, right place situation. Phil is a great coach, and a great manager of players, and still the best coach of all time, but would he be without the GOAT? No.

Just like Red. Without Russell, he wouldn't be as remembered as he is today.

Phil gets treated like he's some mythical wizard. Dude has had the easiest coaching career of anyone in history :lol:

He inherited Jordan and Pippen in their prime. People still not recognizing that luxury.

That said, Horry sucks. :lol:

Last edited:

You see what my point is though? Phil doesn't coach just superstars. He coaches the greatest of all time. I can count the number of players better than Shaq, Kobe, or Jordan on one hand.

And in their time of their prime, they were so much better than the field it's not even close.

Pat Riley never did that. Or Greg Pop. Nobody.

Yeah I see your point

But Magic, Bird and Duncan are in the same category.

Phil's rings = Horry's rings?

I just... I mean...

Like someone said, he has coached TWO teams. it ain't like he went from the Celtics to the Lakers to the Bulls to the Spurs back to Lakers and is currently coaching the Heat.

Two teams, first off.

Second, like CP pointed out, coaches have the same roster doing the playoffs that they have during the regular season, but other quality coaches like Karl and Sloan have a losing records in the playoffs, while Phil needs to lose 125 playoff games to have a losing playoff record. How is that not to his credit?

Man grizz n utah bith dont wanna win this one which means utah will prolly win.

Hollins dumb. He prolly think clippers wont lose tonight but kings beat them last time at home. You never know

Oh is that a fact?

Or just more dumb assumptions from you.

And what about the blowout wins Melo was a part of? Should we not take that into account. Of course you didnt, just like you didnt take into account the 15 games Melo missed.
Games missed dont account for the PPG stat LOL. Are you done yet? Y'all NYC fans are an angry bunch.

How does 15 chances to increase your PPG average not matter ?

Like when Kobe went 50 point game crazy (81 point game too) and won the title twice or when Melo had a great month of April this season...and won the title

like half of that team wasn't even in the league anymore 2 yrs later. That team was atrocious and had no business being in a finals.

They played the Wizards and Nets to the ECF, let's not pretend they had a rough time just getting there. :lol:

They beat a Pistons team which was impressive (Ben Wallace was replaced by Chris Webber), but defense vs defense the games were close, even the year before (which Pistons won in 7). Shoot....Daniel Gibson dropped 31 in the clinching game in that 07' series. :lol:

In the East, the Cavs had "enough".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom