Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well melo is a more aggressive player so getting to the line you have to blame the guys with the whistles, and assist? We're talking about whos a better scorer, and durant is mostly a jumpshooter, melo can score in more ways.

The argument wasn't who's the better scorer, dude said in his own words "better offensive player". Assists are apart of being an offensive player right?

And I'm not buying the "blame the guys with the whistle" because there's absolutely no way to quantify how many calls the refs "miss" with each player.

Phil Jackson is amazing. The way he constructs teams and gets the most out of his players by putting them in positions on the floor that best suits their talents is awesome. I for one hope he coaches again.

Chauncey Billups needs to hang it up. He's going to cost the clippers in the playoffs man.

:pimp:

The argument wasn't who's the better scorer, dude said in his own words "better offensive player". Assists are apart of being an offensive player right?

And I'm not buying the "blame the guys with the whistle" because there's absolutely no way to quantify how many calls the refs "miss" with each player.

im not even a knicks fan and i think the refs dont give melo the calls he deserves

So KD shoots a higher percentage from more places, gets to the line more, more assists, more dunks, etc. then what exactly does Melo do better offensively besides this unsupported by reality hyperbole, "Melo can score in more ways from everywhere on the floor!"

You guys realize you can just do this.

KD

Carmelo

Last edited:
what does that have to do with the last game of the season and trying to get the scoring title?

if your going to make the excuse of sitting out fourth quarters you might as well compare minutes for the whole year then...
Go back and actually read the posts that went on

He has a better cast of shooters than OKC and nearly as good as Miami's and that's subjective due to LeBron creating open looks. He has one thing that they don't - an interior presence on defense that has changed his career by allowing him to play PF almost exclusively. I'm not sure what pairing Melo next to another big time scorer would accomplish, we've already seen it and it failed - and this year JR has been enough of a presence for the Knicks to not lack a 2nd shot creator. His current team has his ideal supporting cast. He has a play starter at PG, ball movers, shooters, a defensive presence and he gets to focus in on what he does best.

I am in no way confident that jr smith can keep up what he's been doing in the playoffs. Id much rather have wade for what I assume are obvious reasons.

Novak will probably be abused again in the playoffs. Can't compare him to battier. I don't know where all these shooters are besides melo, jr, and Kidd for stretches.

phil is not a frontrunner.

if miami wins this year then next year phil signs with them then THAT is a front runner

these teams didnt win CRAP before phil came to town.

michael and scottie needed phil. shaq and kobe needed phil. kobe and pau needed phil.

phil put them all over the top.

id love to see phil bring okc , indiana, or any other team trying to get over the championship hump.

How many rings would he have if he didn't have those four hall of famers though? :lol:

Be real. Don't be ignorant. Phil isn't coming back to coach the Suns or Bobcats.

Phil only takes jobs that will benefit his legacy. That wasnt always the case, but don't give me the whole "Mike and Scottie needed him," jazz. George Karl or Spoelstra could've lead those teams to 6 rings too.

Man please

You just came in here spewing how if KD was in the game during some of OKC's blowout wins, he could've "easily dropped 50" and thus taken the scoring title

And now you wanna talk about facts?

How many rings would he have if he didn't have those four hall of famers though? :lol:

Be real. Don't be ignorant. Phil isn't coming back to coach the Suns or Bobcats.

Phil only takes jobs that will benefit his legacy. That wasnt always the case, but don't give me the whole "Mike and Scottie needed him," jazz. George Karl or Spoelstra could've lead those teams to 6 rings too.

See I don't agree with that one bit. Scottie and Mike weren't winning anything before Phil got there. It wasn't that easy. Those bulls teams weren't even stacked. Two great players early on and he utilized them in a way to be most effective. And, he surrounded them with solid role players.

Last edited:
Man please

You just came in here spewing how if KD was in the game during some of OKC's blowout wins, he could've "easily dropped 50" and thus taken the scoring title

And now you wanna talk about facts?
Lets see, blow out game (ahead 20 sum points in the 3rd), already has 26-30 points, other team has given up, other team was getting trashed to begin with.... Your right, he'd drop 49, excuse me

(imo) Its not that players don't want to come to Toronto. Its that players don't want to play for the Raptors - a team that has only won 1 playoff series in its history. Winning would solve this problem.

Haven't reaad through the rest of the thread, but you do know that the tax rate in Canada is like 50% right? Toronto not being able to sign free agents has very little to do with winning.

:stoneface:

i hope they eat you alive in here for this post :lol:

So KD shoots a higher percentage from more places, gets to the line more, more assists, more dunks, etc. then what exactly does Melo do better offensively besides this unsupported by reality hyperbole, "Melo can score in more ways from everywhere on the floor!"

You guys realize you can just do this.

KD

Carmelo

Set historical marks yet still came up short. Missed out on joining Wilt and MJ with 4 straight.

Literally waved the white flag and all.

Last edited:
Give Jordan/Scottie, or Kobe/Shaq to any decent head coach, they'll win it all.

How many other coaches have had the luxury of always having a Top-10 ALL-TIME player on their roster for their entire coaching career?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's a great coach. But he's also the most overrated.

When was last time he didn't coach the consensus overall best player in the League? 2011? How'd that end up? A sweep by the Mavs?

Just saying. Put in perspective that he's always had the most dominant player in the NBA at the time.

Last edited:
Can't compare him to battier
I wasn't. But he is a world class shooter.

No Knick guard or wing (aside from the White/Brewer combo) had been under 35% from 3 this year. I don't know where there isn't a shooter. Even if you take out Carmelo, the Knicks have made more 3's than either OKC or Miami (and at a 37.1% clip, well above league average.)

Give Jordan/Scottie, or Kobe/Shaq to any decent head coach, they'll win it all.

How many other coaches have had the luxury of always having a Top-10 ALL-TIME player on their roster for their entire coaching career?

:stoneface:

Last edited:
Lets see, blow out game (ahead 20 sum points in the 3rd), already has 26-30 points, other team has given up, other team was getting trashed to begin with.... Your right, he'd drop 49, excuse me

Oh is that a fact?

Or just more dumb assumptions from you.

And what about the blowout wins Melo was a part of? Should we not take that into account. Of course you didnt, just like you didnt take into account the 15 games Melo missed.

Oh is that a fact?

Or just more dumb assumptions from you.

And what about the blowout wins Melo was a part of? Should we not take that into account. Of course you didnt, just like you didnt take into account the 15 games Melo missed.
Games missed dont account for the PPG stat LOL. Are you done yet? Y'all NYC fans are an angry bunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom