Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats proper etiquette for when Curry breaks record tonight? Stop the game, give him ball or what?

OAT, Tired of the hypotheticals, ready for the playoffs to start. 

CHIPPER-JONES-IS-BORED.gif

They stopped Harden because they could beat he's the easiest one to stop.
laugh.gif

The only person that can stop Russell is himself.
Agreed. I think its along the lines where people say they can live with the superstar beating them cause that's what super stars get paid to do. When you lose to the roll players/B-Team makes you think more. Not saying Harden is B-Team but he's the easier stop out of that 3.

Phil Jackson will coach the OKC Thunder after they either

A) Get upset in the playoffs or B) Get swept and owned by LeBron again.

That'd be the only coaching job he'd take.

However I can def see him taking a Front Office position in Seattle. Seattle would be his kind of town, perfect place for the Zen master, plus very close to his Montana ranch.

Last edited:
True.

I hope NY fans don't start acting like Melo winning the scoring title validates him. He still gotta get out the first round. :lol:

Nobody did though, people can't be happy for him? It's a good accomplishment but not the team goal and Melo would be the first to say so.

Always tryna' discredit....some of ya'll never let up. It's just a scoring title.

Yeah, on 40% shooting. Which is terrible, especially when Harden can't hit anything either. They got away with Russell shooting poorly against SAS, but not this time.

westbrook's is a career 43% shooter.. for the series he was 43%

GAME 1: 41.7%

GAME 2: 38.5%

GAME 3: 44.4%

GAME 4: 62.5%

GAME 5: 20%
I acknowledged that game. You have yet to acknowledge all of the bricks Russ was firing up in the other games, unless we're just ignoring efficiency now & focusing on raw ppg.

A combined 54 points on 20/50 shooting in those first 2 games is hardly impressive.
with his scoring, westbrook added the following:

GAME 1: 8 rebounds and 11 assists

GAME 2: 8 rebounds and 7 assists

GAME 3: 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks

GAME 4: 7 rebounds and 5 assists

GAME 5: 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals

as you mentioned, this was your statement:
Westbrook only showed up for 1 game in that series. Both he and harden were bad.
you are obviously entitled to your opinion.. but, i disagree

The king of frontrunners is back

You're out of pocket with that. Don't be that guy.
:lol: what's wrong with this one? At the very least we can agree that if he comes back and takes the OKC or Clips job that's exactly what's going on? He's earned the right to do such a thing. He's only coaching a championship ready team, nothing wrong with that.

Nobody did though, people can't be happy for him? It's a good accomplishment but not the team goal and Melo would be the first to say so.

Always tryna' discredit....some of ya'll never let up. It's just a scoring title.

Nobody's tryna discredit, get outta here with that. I'm talking about Knicks fans I know in real life who wanna argue about Melo being on a Bron, Kobe, KD type level and flatout he's not.

I just don't wanna start hearing the "Melo is as good as _____ now cuz he won the scoring title" because that's straight foolishness. I KNOW it's just a scoring title but you'd be surprised how other ppl take it.

Last edited:
:lol: what's wrong with this one? At the very least we can agree that if he comes back and takes the OKC or Clips job that's exactly what's going on? He's earned the right to do such a thing. He's only coaching a championship ready team, nothing wrong with that.

at this point in his life he probably wants a Pat Riley kinda role regardless of the team.

You'd think teams like Brooklyn or the Clippers would welcome him with open arms and do whatever it takes, esp if neither does anything significant these playoffs.

I'm talking about Knicks fans I know in real life who wanna argue about Melo being on a Bron, Kobe, KD type level and flatout he's not.

For starters nobody is Lebron, so comparing him to Bron is just unfair (to anyone).

Secondly, Melo can do more offensively than KD can (plays in the paint and guarded other PF's, can shoot, take you off the dribble, etc) so he is more talented with the all around game. Defensively neither are too impressive but Melo has made strides being on a better team. He is a top player in this league so there is nothing wrong with mentioning him with the other top names, scoring title or not.

Last edited:

Nobody's tryna discredit, get outta here with that. I'm talking about Knicks fans I know in real life who wanna argue about Melo being on a Bron, Kobe, KD type level and flatout he's not.

I just don't wanna start hearing the "Melo is as good as _____ now cuz he won the scoring title" because that's straight foolishness. I KNOW it's just a scoring title but you'd be surprised how other ppl take it.
Yeah, it's foolishness, so why even address it when it hasn't even come up?

And when that does happen, you'll know that those are the kind of people that you should avoid sports talk with.

You're speaking purely off hypotheticals, as far as I see it.

I highly doubt that hes going to coach but hey ESPN is saying that he might, and at this point they know more than we do so this is what we have. Brooklyn should give him the farm.

Secondly, Melo can do more offensively than KD can (plays in the paint and guarded other PF's, can shoot, take you off the dribble, etc) so he is more talented with the all around game.
I thought we finally moved on from this ****....

I highly doubt that hes going to coach but hey ESPN is saying that he might, and at this point they know more than we do so this is what we have. Brooklyn should give him the farm.

i dont think even Phil can help the Nets :smh:

Phil coaching okc would be epic, it would remind me so much of his run with the bulls. He would definitely have to use some of the zen to balance russ's unstable self.

For the record, KD is the better player, but when it comes to drive and the will to win, russ=mj and kd=pippen. Russ is a 100% warrior on the floor and kd is a little more laid back. Not saying kd doesn't turn up the intensity, but westbrook is literally scary on the floor sometimes, the same way mj would get.

I gotta think that someone will give into Phils coaching demands. But the only ones I could see having the "Right Requirements" while having a coach in jeopardy of losing their job would be OKC or the Clippers (as long as CP3 stays). Possibly the Nets, but Carlisimo seems to be pretty safe.

Melo is on the same level as kd kobe and Bron dude is just too good on offense. Kobe has said in different interviews that Melo is one of the most difficult players to guard. Bron tries his best not to be on the opposite end of his thrashing. KD for Damn sho don't want to see Melo. Overall game Melo may not be up there but don't be foolish and throw out misguided knowledge. Melo been balling since his nuggets days.

Melo is a top player on a top team. What more is there left to say?

Yeah, he needs to get out of the first round (He's done it once before), but this year he'll do it.

You guys want to compare KD with Melo, but what has KD really done besides win some scoring titles? I don't remember him hoisting up that Larry O'Brian trophy.

Secondly, Melo can do more offensively than KD can (plays in the paint and guarded other PF's, can shoot, take you off the dribble, etc) so he is more talented with the all around game. Defensively neither are too impressive but Melo has made strides being on a better team. He is a top player in this league so there is nothing wrong with mentioning him with the other top names, scoring title or not.

So...KD is better in EVERY offensive category than Melo except he averages .6 ppg less, yet you say Melo can do more offensively.

Aight.

For the sake of this thread I ain't gonna keep arguing with you, I'm just letting you know that what you're saying makes no sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom