Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so now the scoring title is absolutely worthless.

Y'all are something else.

And I'm not saying its a big deal either, I just don't think I've ever seen so much talk about how it means nothing until a few hours ago.

Missing 15 games mean nothing, its by PPG, KD sat out plenty of 4th quarters, he was blowing out Bron in the MVP race, then kd sat out like 4 4th quarter in 5 games and lebron went on that ridiculous run of 30 ppg on 60% shooting for like 7 straight games. Also KD has westbrook on his team. No discredit to Melo or Bron tho, both are elite players and with the way it seemed KD stopped caring about the individual awards in the 2nd half, both bron and melo deserve the awards they're going to get.
No point trying to explain the simple math behind the stats. Dudes begin and end each of their posts with "you're stupid" or " you're a clown".

As well as sitting out quite a few 4th quarter blow outs this season. Notably 3 just over the last month while hes been averaging like 36 PPG. As well as playing a number of half games because of being injured in the first half.

But hey, this guys seems pretty hell bent on discrediting Melo winning the scoring title. So im just gonna let him piss and moan in the corner like someone stole his snack pack during lunch
LOL ok sure, piss and moan. Knicks fans should know all about pissing and moaning. Melo can have the scoring title meanwhile yet again not making it out the east. Melo is this generations T-Mac

That's all you're doing though in trying to discredit him winning the scoring title. No one went out of their way to bring how many games other competitors missed the last few years when KD was winning the scoring titles. What's with your need to try and discredit this? And then instead of attempting to go back at his point (or Executive's) like durantual did, you just go on to say more stupid generalizations. No Knick fan is calling this the success they envisioned as the endgame. Chill out. **** is getting tired and you can ask any Knick fan, they'll tell you I'm not even a big supporter of the guy.

KD was never blowing out Bron in the MVP race either.

Last edited:
"100 percent," Grover says on TrueHoop TV. "He was poisoned for the 'flu game.' Everyone called it a flu game, but we sat there. We were in the room." Grover explains:
We were in Park City, Utah, up in a hotel. Room service stopped at like nine o'clock. He got hungry and we really couldn't find any other place to eat. So we said eh, the only thing I can find is a pizza place. So we says all right, order pizza.

We had been there for a while. Everybody knew what hotel. Park City was not many hotels back then. So everyone kind of knew where we were staying.

So we order pizza.

Five guys came to deliver this pizza.

I take the pizza and I tell them: "I've got a bad feeling about this. ... I've just got a bad feeling about this."

Out of everybody in the room, [MJ] was the only one who ate. Nobody else had it.

And then 2 o'clock in the morning I get a call to my room. Come to the room. He's curled up in the fetal position. We're looking at him, finding the team physician at that time.

Immediately I told him it's food poisoning.

Not the flu.

Tim Grover

Wouldn't surprise me. Utah fans are wild haha.

^ now go about 2-3 posts up, read, then edit your post. Nothing wrong with winning the title, there is something wrong when that's your be all end all accomplishment with the expectation, and team building, that he's been apart of

Real quick, the only reason KD didn't win the scoring title this year is because he sat out so many 4th quarters due to blow out wins. Could of easily dropped 50 during those times

True.

I hope NY fans don't start acting like Melo winning the scoring title validates him. He still gotta get out the first round. :lol:

^ now go about 2-3 posts up, read, then edit your post. Nothing wrong with winning the title, there is something wrong when that's your be all end all accomplishment with the expectation, and team building, that he's been apart of

Are you just making stuff up now? Who in here or ever for that matter said the season is a success now because Melo won the scoring title? Like who are you having these conversations with? Yourself? Your mom? I just have no idea.

And for the record, the team looks like they are pretty well in sync with eachother. And team building seems to be fine when everyone on the team seems to be friends and was actually working late into a 3rd quarter last week to get Melo shots because we were blowing out the other team and he wasnt going to play the 4th quarter. Doesnt seem to be any bad blood that you think exists in the team.

But you seem to be pretty good at making up scenarios over there. So thats no surprise.

Last edited:
"100 percent," Grover says on TrueHoop TV. "He was poisoned for the 'flu game.' Everyone called it a flu game, but we sat there. We were in the room." Grover explains:
We were in Park City, Utah, up in a hotel. Room service stopped at like nine o'clock. He got hungry and we really couldn't find any other place to eat. So we said eh, the only thing I can find is a pizza place. So we says all right, order pizza.

We had been there for a while. Everybody knew what hotel. Park City was not many hotels back then. So everyone kind of knew where we were staying.

So we order pizza.

I take the pizza and I tell them: "I've got a bad feeling about this. ... I've just got a bad feeling about this."

Out of everybody in the room, [MJ] was the only one who ate. Nobody else had it.

And then 2 o'clock in the morning I get a call to my room. Come to the room. He's curled up in the fetal position. We're looking at him, finding the team physician at that time.

Not the flu.

Tim Grover

If he had food poisoning, dude would've been pooping and throwing up on the court. I'm sticking with Jalen Rose on this one.

KD was never blowing out Bron in the MVP race either.

Maybe not blowing out, but it was clear who was ahead, I remember espn did a poll where people said KD was going to win the MVP in 49 out of 50 states (Florida being the 1 who said bron) then like 2 weeks later after KD sat out the 4th quarters and lebron went on that run it was flipped completely, with bron winning 49 out of the 50 states. (Oklahoma being the 1)

Are you just making stuff up now? Who in here or ever for that matter said the season is a success now because Melo won the scoring title? Like who are you having these conversations with? Yourself? Your mom? I just have no idea.

And for the record, the team looks like they are pretty well in sync with eachother. And team building seems to be fine when everyone on the team seems to be friends and was actually working late into a 3rd quarter last week to get Melo shots because we were blowing out the other team and he wasnt going to play the 4th quarter. Doesnt seem to be any bad blood that you think exists in the team.

But you seem to be pretty good at making up scenarios over there. So thats no surprise.
Now im making stuff up, Sure, you win. No point going back and forth when the majority of your posts have nothing to do with what's being talked about

Last edited:
he scored 27 in the first 2 games, shot 41% in 1 and 39% in the other.

In the other 3 games he only scored above 20 one time.

So, he shot very poorly in 2 of his three 27 point games in the series.

When your number 2 AND number 3 options can't make a shot, you're not beating Miami
series was only 5 games.. you speak of the the 2 games he scored 27..

so what about the OTHER game (easily his best game of the series) when he scored above 20?

and he scored 19 in the other 2 games

Phil to the that team in LA :nerd:

No way that happens, unless Phil decides he's willing to take considerably less than what he was making with the Lakers. Donald Sterling's made some strides in terms of being a competent owner, but I can't see any way he'll ever pay a coach $10 million a season, even Phil Jackson.

series was only 5 games.. you speak of the the 2 games he scored 27..

Yeah, on 40% shooting. Which is terrible, especially when Harden can't hit anything either. They got away with Russell shooting poorly against SAS, but not this time.

so what about the OTHER game (easily his best game of the series) when he scored above 20?
Did you read my original post? You quoted it so I assumed you did. Here it is again:

Westbrook only showed up for 1 game in that series. Both he and harden were bad.
I acknowledged that game. You have yet to acknowledge all of the bricks Russ was firing up in the other games, unless we're just ignoring efficiency now & focusing on raw ppg.

A combined 54 points on 20/50 shooting in those first 2 games is hardly impressive.

Last edited:

So we order pizza.

Not the flu.

Tim Grover

If he had food poisoning, dude would've been pooping and throwing up on the court. I'm sticking with Jalen Rose on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom