Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that whole "Melo is the best SCORER in the game" thing can be put to rest right? I haven't been around in a while I just want to make sure nobody is spewing that anymore.

I'd take LeBron and Durant over him every single times.

Sure has. The year Melo wins the title of Most Points Per Game is the year everyone agrees he cant score.

Congrats Melo :pimp:

+

Yeah, Melo is the best scorer in the game because he has the most complete/mastered offensive game in the NBA. Alongside Kobe.

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder how long people will continue to believe Westbrook is better than Harden? Cause I don'...

It should tell you something when MIA really game planed against Harden specifically, leaving Durant and Westrbook to deal with Wade, Bron and Battier, mostly in 1 on 1 scenarios.

Spolstra new that Harden was the x-factor, and really the second most dangerous player in that series.

Hard traps on the pick and roll, never sagging, running him off threes they threw EVERYTHING at him, consistently blew up those pick and rolls, this is why Bosh and his 6-11, 7-4 wingspan is so vital to their defense, he allows them to trap so aggressively because, his length makes it incredibly difficult to see the floor.

Also if the Thunder make it to the finals and Kendrick Perkins and Derrick Fisher aren't nailed to the bench, I would fire Scott Brooks at half time.

Last edited:
Perkins and Ibaka getting too many minutes together is ultimately what doomed OKC in the Finals. Scott Brooks insisted on playing them more minutes than they should've gotten. Collison was better suited for that series.

They didn't rebound well and basically not being able to guard Battier of all people was their downfall IMO.

harden's finals stats per game:

GAME 1, won by 11 (22 mins): 5 pts, 33% shooting (50% on 3s), 3 assists, 0 rebounds, 0 steals, 0 blocks.. also, 0 free throws attempeted

GAME 2, lost by 4 (35 mins): 21 pts, 63% shooting (66% on 3s), 2 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 blocks.. 7 free throws attempted (missed 2)

GAME 3, lost by 6 (34 mins): 9 pts, 20% shooting (0% on 3s), 6 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 blocks.. 7 free throws attempted (missed 2)

GAME 4, lost by 6 (37 mins): 8 pts, 20% shooting (20% on 3s), 2 assists,10 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 blocks.. 4 free throws attempted (missed 1)

GAME 5, lost by 15 (36 mins): 19 pts, 45%shooting (37% on 3s, 5 assists,4 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 blocks.. 6 free throws attempted (made all)

Hmm I wonder how long people will continue to believe Westbrook is better than Harden? Cause I don'...

It should tell you something when MIA really game planed against Harden specifically, leaving Durant and Westrbook to deal with Wade, Bron and Battier, mostly in 1 on 1 scenarios.

Spolstra new that Harden was the x-factor, and really the second most dangerous player in that series.

Hard traps on the pick and roll, never sagging, running him off three's they threw EVERYTHING at him, consistently blew up those pick and rolls, this is why Bosh and his 6-11, 7-4 wingspan is so vital to their defense, he allows them to trap so aggressively because, his length makes it incredibly difficult to see the floor.

Also if the Thunder make it to the finals and Kendrick Perkins and Derrick Fisher aren't nailed to the bench, I would fire Scott Brooks at half time.

Just because Harden was the Thunder's x-factor last season, doesnt mean that he is better than everyone else (obviously not including Durant). I will use my Warriors as an example. The x-factor for the Warriors in the playoffs (IMO), is either Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes. If these dudes play well, our team has a fighters chance. If they dont, we wont get out of the first round. This is not to say that they are one of the best players on our team....they arent. But we know what we will get out of Curry, Jack and Lee....therefore, Klay and Barnes are the x-factors.

X-factor or not, Harden is and was in no way better than Westbrook.

Last edited:
I'm only half trolling. I think Russ is severly underrated and in ways more important to that team. He's the heart. He's the intensity. And I've seen Durant literally tell him to take over.

If okc actually listened to the pundits and took shots away from Russ and gave them to Durant that team would not go deep in the playoffs
I'm only half trolling. I think Russ is severly underrated and in ways more important to that team. He's the heart. He's the intensity. And I've seen Durant literally tell him to take over.

If okc actually listened to the pundits and took shots away from Russ and gave them to Durant that team would not go deep in the playoffs

If I could rep you 10 times for this post I would.

Perkins and Ibaka getting too many minutes together is ultimately what doomed OKC in the Finals. Scott Brooks insisted on playing them more minutes than they should've gotten. Collison was better suited for that series.

They didn't rebound well and basically not being able to guard Battier of all people was their downfall IMO.
coaching was a bigger problem than harden going MIA

James Harden chokes in big moments. Will he do it this post season? We'll have to wait and see, but for now the jury is out on him.

James Harden chokes in big moments. Will he do it this post season? We'll have to wait and see, but for now the jury is out on him.

He had one bad series as the 3rd option.

I think you're forgetting what he did that whole postseason up until the Finals.

They probably dont torch the Spurs like they did without him.

My dude Sheed, will be mssed

wiltrasheed1.jpg

that's CLASSIC right there ;hat

to be fair.. he was great for us in the 3 series leading up to the finals (also was great for us in the regular season and should have been an all-star last year).. he just wet the bed in the finals

OKC lost because Mia beat them in their own game. They both play the same style, up and down basketball but Mia can do it better. All the games, not counting the last one, were close. Game 2 went down to a blown call. Can't really do much about all that

OKC lost because Mia beat them in their own game. They both play the same style, up and down basketball but Mia can do it better. All the games, not counting the last one, were close. Game 2 went down to a blown call. Can't really do much about all that

You cannot play Miami that way. We've seen several teams trying to play up and down with Miami and it's shown to be a recipe for disaster. Only way to really beat them is to pound the ball inside and out rebound these boys. Also, if you can keep the turnovers to minimum--It's possible to beat Miami just because they feed off turnovers to get them into their transition game.

to be fair.. he was great for us in the 3 series leading up to the finals (also was great for us in the regular season and should have been an all-star last year).. he just wet the bed in the finals

I know what you mean, but dude chocked in the biggest stage of the NBA. You just can't do that if you think you're big time.

Like I said, we'll see what he does this post season.

Last edited:
Just because Harden was the Thunder's x-factor last season, doesnt mean that he is better than everyone else (obviously not including Durant). I will use my Warriors as an example. The x-factor for the Warriors in the playoffs (IMO), is either Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes. If these dudes play well, our team has a fighters chance. If they dont, we wont get out of the first round. This is not to say that they are one of the best players on our team....they arent. But we know what we will get out of Curry, Jack and Lee....therefore, Klay and Barnes are the x-factors.

i would say jack is the warriors x factor u expect klay to get buckets.....jack is able to provide for himself to offset the other team

I gotta admit, I like Westbrook's attitude/aggressiveness towards the game more than I do KD. It does seem like its Westbrook's team as well. *shrugs*

Westbrook is the more dominant personality/the point guard so of course it seems that way. It's obvious Durant is more talented but he's been deferring to Russ since he's got there. As long as Russ continues to improve his effenciency and they get rid of Perkins/Fisher/Coach Brooks OKC will be fine. KD isn't Kobe, he's not going step on Russ toes and start shooting 25-30 shots a game.

Last edited:

i would say jack is the warriors x factor u expect klay to get buckets.....jack is able to provide for himself to offset the other team

for me, andrew bogut is the X. must be healthy and help rebound vs the manimal. allows W's with more room with the fouls.

You cannot play Miami that way. We've seen several teams trying to play up and down with Miami and it's shown to be a recipe for disaster. Only way to really beat them is to pound the ball inside and out rebound these boys. Also, if you can keep the turnovers to minimum--It's possible to beat Miami just because they feed off turnovers to get them into their transition game.
I know what you mean, but dude chocked in the biggest stage of the NBA. You just can't do that if you think you're big time.

Like I said, we'll see what he does this post season.

To be fair, lebron choked on the biggest stage ever and people just glance over it. So I think harden will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom