Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see that hippie in OKC.

Much more likely in LA or BK.

Give melo harden and Russ or give him wade and bosh and spot up shooters and you all will change your tune. It's all relative in the NBA

His number 2 offensive player is jr smith for Christ sakes

Last edited:
Phil frontran one single time. 2000.

No one even knew who he was in 1990 and they had ONE piece that was guaranteed greatness.

Same in 2006.

He is nowhere near being a frontrunner, that's just a stupid thing to believe.

Phil frontran one single time. 2000.

No one even knew who he was in 1990 and they had ONE piece that was guaranteed greatness.

Same in 2006.

He is nowhere near being a frontrunner, that's just a stupid thing to believe.
I thought the Lakers, as an organization, is guaranteed greatness??

with all the excellence and winningness 

I can't see that hippie in OKC.

Much more likely in LA or BK.

Give melo harden and Russ or give him wade and bosh and spot up shooters and you all will change your tune. It's all relative in the NBA

His number 2 offensive player is jr smith for Christ sakes

What about his time in Denver though? He had Billups, Nene, Kenyon Martin and Smith, among others. Those teams were pretty loaded. But I guess we can pin their playoff problems on George Karl and not Melo.

Phil frontran

He is a frontrunner, believe
>D Fixed

laugh.gif

Last edited:
For the millionth time. KD is a better SHOOTER, Melo is a Better OFFENSIVE PLAYER. Thats all there is to it. Im not going to even throw out a one guy is better than the other because that is all relative to the team around him. But they are both on the same level.

And neither are Lebron.

So...KD is better in EVERY offensive category than Melo except he averages .6 ppg less, yet you say Melo can do more offensively.

Aight.

For the sake of this thread I ain't gonna keep arguing with you, I'm just letting you know that what you're saying makes no sense.

KD is just a more efficient shooter

Like when Kobe sat out against the Kings final game of last season to give KD the scoring title?

yup i dont even think kobe needed that much at all to beat him either

surprising considering alot of people on here think hes a ball hogger and only cares about stats and personal glory

Last edited:
Yeah, except we're talking about 15 sum games of kd sat out the 4th

what does that have to do with the last game of the season and trying to get the scoring title?

if your going to make the excuse of sitting out fourth quarters you might as well compare minutes for the whole year then...

Last edited:
What about his time in Denver though? He had Billups, Nene, Kenyon Martin and Smith, among others. Those teams were pretty loaded. But I guess we can pin their playoff problems on George Karl and not Melo.

First off I mostly blame the lakers and spurs. The clippers won is the the only one where I think he def should have won.

I still don't see a number two as good as wade or bosh on that team. Loaded is what the heat have.

I see a good, well rounded team that played in a very difficult confrence. Then I thought they would be great and Karl got cancer SMH. Team was clearly effected

Chauncey definitley helped him get to the WCF but Chauncey clearly peaked on Detroit.

The suspension year was his time to shine. That **** is still funny to me. Backtracked out of MSG

He did get to the WCF and had a close series. I think he's good enough to have as a main cog on a championship team. Thats all that really matters to me

Paul pierce was a loser until he got KG and ray. That's how I see melo career going.

And bringing free throws as a reason KD is much better seems like nonsense. That's all politics. Cant breathe on that skinny twig boy. But you can beat up fat boy melo. Durant is humble and melo is a thug from the stop snitching DVD.

I think a bigger thing that I don't see talked about is how KD can finish around he rim 10 times better than melo. Melo has to work his *** off and get his own rebound and put it back all the time. He doesn't have the explosion Durant does.

Last edited:
If he's a more efficient shooter, gets to the line more often and shoots a higher percentage, and has more assists, how is he NOT the better offensive player?

No sarcasm. I really want an explanation.
Well melo is a more aggressive player so getting to the line you have to blame the guys with the whistles, and assist? We're talking about whos a better scorer, and durant is mostly a jumpshooter, melo can score in more ways.

For the millionth time. KD is a better SHOOTER, Melo is a Better OFFENSIVE PLAYER.
And for the millionth time you're still wrong.

KD is a better shooter, better finisher, better distributor, gets to the line more often, his offensive rating is 10 ******g points higher, but yes, Melo is a "better offensive player."

Last edited:

He has a better cast of shooters than OKC and nearly as good as Miami's and that's subjective due to LeBron creating open looks. He has one thing that they don't - an interior presence on defense that has changed his career by allowing him to play PF almost exclusively. I'm not sure what pairing Melo next to another big time scorer would accomplish, we've already seen it and it failed - and this year JR has been enough of a presence for the Knicks to not lack a 2nd shot creator. His current team has his ideal supporting cast. He has a play starter at PG, ball movers, shooters, a defensive presence and he gets to focus in on what he does best.

He did go to the West Finals and lost to...you know...the Lakers.

Nuggets all those years had to deal with the likes of the Spurs twice, Lakers twice, and good Timberwolves squad with Cassell and Sprewell.

Those teams were no slouches, the West was controlled by LA and San Antonio that decade.

Last edited:
I will agree but KD is not that far off from melo
I just don't see how this you can actually believe this. I hate arguing this because it's a never ending debate but it's crazy if you think Melo is better or you just hate advanced stats.

He played 14 fewer games and shot 56 more times then Durant. It's really not that close.

HE SHOT 51% FROM THE FIELD. 51%. 51%.

phil is not a frontrunner.

if miami wins this year then next year phil signs with them then THAT is a front runner

these teams didnt win CRAP before phil came to town.

michael and scottie needed phil. shaq and kobe needed phil. kobe and pau needed phil.

phil put them all over the top.

id love to see phil bring okc , indiana, or any other team trying to get over the championship hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom