Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with that, the Mavs have been eliminated from the Playoffs before it started.

First time that's happened in 13 years.

Tons of small mistakes that added up in a big way.

Props to the Lakers for closing it down.

Said it to CP and NaS on Twitter, along with the Warriors, I want the Lakers to do well. Said it at the beginning of the year. I want Nash to win.
That hurts man, you guys will be back next year. Full season of healthy Dirk I have no doubt in my mind.
roll.gif
Just playing the odds man. It was a damn good game.
Can someone explain what's the point of having the clear path foul? Why is it considered special and not a simple reach-in foul?
Let's examine that play. Lillard was beat on the play and Kobe was clearly going to score a 2-point basket. Instead of attempting to play D, Lillard just fouled him. If they called a reach-in, it rewards the defensive player for not attempting to play D and it takes away the 2 points that would have most certainly been scored.

Giving 2 FTs + the ball prevents defenders from gaining an advantage by fouling.
The fact that they get the ball back is my real issue with it though, it makes the penalty far too steep.
Getting the ball back is the only way to prevent defenders from doing it. You have to put that penalty there in order to prevent it from happening.

If the offense didn't get the ball back, how would it be any different from a regular foul? Players would be coached to foul from behind on EVERY breakaway and games would turn into a hack + FT fest.
I really do think that two fouls even when not in the penalty is enough, maybe if theyre in the penalty add an extra shot if both are made, or something. I really dont like the idea of getting possession afterwards, but I totally understand the rationale behind it, I couldnt challenge a single thing you just said. 

San Antonio is tied for wins with OKC, why did Pop pull the starters vs Den???

Last edited:
LOL at thinking Kobe is on roids. Right. Like Kobe is going to risk his career and all that accomplishment to be Lance Armstrong.

Scoring in basketball take skills. Roids alone is not going to score 45. You need actual skills to do that.

Yall are just salty as bleep.

Kobe >

Not that serious bruh...

Props to all the Lakers fans at the rose garden :smokin

They got their money worth :smokin

Blazers fans on the other hand? Not so much hahahha

LOL at thinking Kobe is on roids. Right. Like Kobe is going to risk his career and all that accomplishment to be Lance Armstrong.

Scoring in basketball take skills. Roids alone is not going to score 45. You need actual skills to do that.

Yall are just salty as bleep.

Kobe >

Are you really this naive :lol:

You do know that juicing affects more than just getting bigger depending on what you take right?

You also do know how juicing can aid in recovery, the biggest asset for Kobe right now.

No one is questioning his skill.

Last edited:
47 Points
8 Rebounds
5 Assists
4 Blocks
3 Steals
1 TO
48 minutes.
34 Years Old.
17th Season.

W.
sick.gif

I know the Lakers are fighting for their playoff lives, and Kobe would probably give him a Mike Brown-esque death stare but D'Antoni can't a find few minutes a game to give Kobe a breather?

Kobe gonna turn into a walker by the time the playoffs roll around.

Impressive statline though.

How do you sound right now? Risk his career? Guess you don't know that NBA drug testing is a joke and that Stern has turned a blind eye to PED's in general.

Nobody is denying his skills but there's no way after all the punishment his body has taken that he could play 48 minutes of NBA basketball deep in 17th season at a high level naturally. I have no problem with it actually because I just want to see great basketball at the end of the day but stop being foolish.

Spurs blew this game for a reason. Looking like they don't want the 1 spot.

So now the Lakers (if they make it play OKC). Oh boy :x

San Antonio is tied for wins with OKC, why did Pop pull the starters vs Den???
When other teams do it, its called strategy and playing the match ups, when the Spurs do it, theyre shook. Good to know. Even if it was in the fact the case (you have no proof, as if this isnt a regular thing with pop, hes pulled the big 3 with 9 minutes left in the 4th of games before) do you really think that they would have shame in admitting that they would rather face Houston in the first round than the Lakers? I sure as hell wouldnt. The Lakers are a tougher out than the Rockets its as simple as that. Do I think the Spurs would beat them? Yes. Would I rather the Spurs play the Rockets cause it would be an easier series for them? Yes. Am I afraid of the Spurs playing the Lakers? No. Are the Spurs afraid of playing the Lakers? No.

Last edited:
Are you really this naive :lol:

You do know that juicing affects more than just getting bigger depending on what you take right?

You also do know how juicing can aid in recovery, the biggest asset for Kobe right now.

No one is questioning his skill.

Irrelevant.

Juicing or not it doesn't mean one can score 45.

This is not running or biking.

Only the dummy hater think that Kobe is taking roids lol

Kobe is a world class athlete and he has the best trainer and nutritionist by his side. They help him recover. Not roids.

How many times must you guys keep responding to this dude? Stop making this thread worse by engaging with him.

DO NOT FEED NOR CONSUME WHAT ACBOYZ SAYS

Is that clear enough?

great win tonight, paul and kobe played great and blake came up big in the last minutes of the game 
pimp.gif

I kind of can't believe there's only a few games left in the regular season. I'm glad, but it went fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom