Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain what's the point of having the clear path foul? Why is it considered special and not a simple reach-in foul?
Its really too much. Two free fouls and the ball back is too much for just a regular foul. You're taking away a layup/dunk with a clear path so give them the opportunity to get those points back and end it there.

I can see the other side of the argument though seeing as how its such an easy foul to not make, so even doing it should come with a steep penalty but it should just be two shots, thats more than enough punishment for it.

Can someone explain what's the point of having the clear path foul? Why is it considered special and not a simple reach-in foul?

Don't know for sure but it probably has to do with the near guaranteed basket if not for the foul. Maybe to make the defender outrace the player instead of reaching to prevent the basket. Hockey has a breakaway rule too, player gets a penalty shot

cause it would have been a easy bucket for the opposing team. You want to reward good defense and punish the defender for committing a lazy foul. This wouldn't have been a problem if people could just stop committing clear path fouls... If the defenders were to just their brain, they would realize they are actually hurting their team... just give the dude the freebie instead of giving them thru the line and an extra possession.

Let's examine that play. Lillard was beat on the play and Kobe was clearly going to score a 2-point basket. Instead of attempting to play D, Lillard just fouled him. If they called a reach-in, it rewards the defensive player for not attempting to play D and it takes away the 2 points that would have most certainly been scored.

Giving 2 FTs + the ball prevents defenders from gaining an advantage by fouling.

Last edited:
Let's examine that play. Lillard was beat on the play and Kobe was clearly going to score a 2-point basket. Instead of attempting to play D, Lillard just fouled him. If they called a reach-in, it rewards the defensive player for not attempting to play D and it takes away the 2 points that would have most certainly been scored.

Giving 2 FTs + the ball prevents defenders from gaining an advantage by fouling.
The fact that they get the ball back is my real issue with it though, it makes the penalty far too steep.

The Spurs have an endless army of light skinned _'s with superpowers.

My dude, Ill Wil is gettin it right now, though. :nthat:

Last edited:

The fact that they get the ball back is my real issue with it though, it makes the penalty far too steep.
This. It's treated like a flagrant 2, minus the ejection. I understand it, but it seems excessive.

YEa boi. Portland thought they had the game. NOPE

Kobe is too good. 45 points

And with that, the Mavs have been eliminated from the Playoffs before it started.

First time that's happened in 13 years.

Tons of small mistakes that added up in a big way.

Props to the Lakers for closing it down.

Said it to CP and NaS on Twitter, along with the Warriors, I want the Lakers to do well. Said it at the beginning of the year. I want Nash to win.

How old is Kobe really?

No way a 34 years old can put a team on his back and drop 45 against dudes half his age.

GOAT

I just kind of disagree with the foul, because you might as well have the same kind of foul in the half court when a defender gets blown by his man and the player with the ball has a clear path to the basket and draws contact from behind. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom