Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good JaVale out there tonight.

Reminds me of this really great description of him:
Duncan Wall knows circuses. The author studied at the famed Ecole Nationale des Arts du Cirque in France, then chronicled the experience in his new book, “The Ordinary Acrobat: A Journey into the Wondrous World of the Circus, Past and Present.”

Wall did not know of JaVale McGee. But after being e-mailed links to a few videos of the high-flying 7-footer, Wall said in a phone interview, “My thought watching him was that he’s kind of a circus unto himself. He is acrobatic in a creative sense. What distinguishes the circus from gymnastics is this idea of creativity. This dude is just very creative with his physicality. He’s able to move in ways you wouldn’t expect him to move. He has this dynamism, especially for a guy that size. It’s like, ‘Wait a minute, he almost doesn’t know how big he is.’

“And he also has a clownish side to him too. You sent me these acrobatic dunks from weird angles, but when you start Googleing him, there’s also video of him throwing the ball away in weird ways or tripping over himself. And he seems to not take himself too seriously. So he’s kind of the circus unto himself, where he’s the star acrobat and also the star clown.” [...]

“In a clownish sense, he doesn’t seem to have complete control of himself,” said Wall, who teaches at the National Circus School of Montreal, considered the Juilliard of circus schools. “Every once in a while he (tries) something completely beyond him, perhaps something you shouldn’t do if you’re above 5-foot-10, and he’d fail miserably — and it’s just comedic. And he kind of stands up and looks around, almost in a clownish way, and is like, ‘What? What do you mean? Why can’t I do that?’”
Or, as teammate Kenneth Faried put it, upon hearing McGee describe his medical condition from across the locker room, “I didn’t know you had ADD. I knew something was wrong with you, but I didn’t know it was that.”
Link

Yesterday he came off a screen, curled, caught and shot from 17 feet, all net. Kids future is limitless.
He has incredibly soft touch, shows around the basket and on jumpers. So excited to see how he develops.

From the Orlando-Milwaukee game, when was the last time two teammates combined for 60 and 39 like Harris and Vucevic? 

Orlando's future frontcourt of Vucevic, Harris, and Harkless... :x

Sixers are sick right now

Last edited:
Yesterday he came off a screen, curled, caught and shot from 17 feet, all net. Kids future is limitless.

Love AD, if he wasn't injured earlier the ROY would have been his. It's crazy that he's only been 6'10 for 2 years and has such great control over his body.

I was completely wrong on Anthony Davis. I think he has a bright future. Has a lot of tools. Good finisher, nice touch, can shoot with range.

All he needs is a back to the basket/face up game, and he'll be the best big in the league. I believe he's going to fill out too weight wise which would be a huge asset to his game.

I wonder if Steve Blake knows what it means to penetrate. Its like he thinks any area past the foul line is covered in hot lava

I have never hated a player as much as i hate lilliard right now. Just give up already! You are playing for nothing!!! Grrrrrrrr

Can someone explain what's the point of having the clear path foul? Why is it considered special and not a simple reach-in foul?

Last edited:
Dannis Scott on reasons Anthony Davis has had all these injuries this year: (After kenny brings up he cant be tired from the olympics since he was clapping and cheering)

"We know that wasnt the only thing he was clapping overseas" lmaoooo

Can someone explain what's the point of having the clear path foul? Why is it considered special and not a simple reach-in foul?

Get's rid of that bull **** cop out foul. Similar to the NFLs PI rule. College Football needs to go ahead and do the same. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom