Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dantoni is gonna gas out Kobe by the time playoffs come.

Last three games Kobe played:

48 mins
41:06 mins
47:20 mins
42:32 mins
47:04 mins

Pringles is an idiot.

portland started 4 rookies. think about that

ill take the W tho :D

chants at the garden :smh:

cp is rolling over in his grave

Last edited:
Can someone explain what's the point of having the clear path foul? Why is it considered special and not a simple reach-in foul?
Let's examine that play. Lillard was beat on the play and Kobe was clearly going to score a 2-point basket. Instead of attempting to play D, Lillard just fouled him. If they called a reach-in, it rewards the defensive player for not attempting to play D and it takes away the 2 points that would have most certainly been scored.

Giving 2 FTs + the ball prevents defenders from gaining an advantage by fouling.
The fact that they get the ball back is my real issue with it though, it makes the penalty far too steep.
Getting the ball back is the only way to prevent defenders from doing it. You have to put that penalty there in order to prevent it from happening.

If the offense didn't get the ball back, how would it be any different from a regular foul? Players would be coached to foul from behind on EVERY breakaway and games would turn into a hack + FT fest.

I just kind of disagree with the foul, because you might as well have the same kind of foul in the half court when a defender gets blown by his man and the player with the ball has a clear path to the basket and draws contact from behind. 
Those fouls are cheap as well, but fouling in the half court isn't nearly as cheap as fouling on a clear breakaway. Just think about the effect it would have on the game if clear path fouls were allowed.

Watchability would go down, games would drag on forever because of FTs, not as many highlight dunks and chasedown blocks/defensive plays (because why bother going for the block?)

Last edited:
Welp! I don't see the lakers winning the rest f their games but even if they do get in the playoffs...spurs go ahead n take this L tonight n keep losing so okc can humiliate the lakers in the first round!

How old is Kobe really?

No way a 34 years old can put a team on his back and drop 45 against dudes half his age.

GOAT

We all know Kobe is juicing, still impressive nonetheless

This really is a race for the 8th. Every single game LAL and Utah have left could go either way based on matchups, or if teams decide to rest their players. A tie would only be fitting :pimp: :pimp:

Now tell me that dude isn't drinking HGH in his cereal. :lol:

10 years from now Pau going to produce some used needles to the media from Spain. :lol:

LOL at thinking Kobe is on roids. Right. Like Kobe is going to risk his career and all that accomplishment to be Lance Armstrong.

Scoring in basketball take skills. Roids alone is not going to score 45. You need actual skills to do that.

Yall are just salty as bleep.

Kobe >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom