Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but who is a better accessible rap artist?

I'm always confused by rap because rap fans are worst than hipsters in hating somebody when they've been around for awhile

Music is subjective. When I listen to Jay-Z I don't hear "The Goat," "The Greatest," etc. I'd much rather listen to Kendrick, Jamal, Drake, Cole, Sean, and others than Jay-Z and if we're going by the old timers, I have Pac's entire catalog and would rather listen to that then Jay-Z. Nas too. Biggie as well. Just not a fan of Jay-Z.

Music is subjective. When I listen to Jay-Z I don't hear "The Goat," "The Greatest," etc. I'd much rather listen to Kendrick, Jamal, Drake, Cole, Sean, and others than Jay-Z and if we're going by the old timers, I have Pac's entire catalog and would rather listen to that then Jay-Z. Nas too. Biggie as well. Just not a fan of Jay-Z.
I agree wholeheartedly with all of this post

I agree wholeheartedly with all of this post

A few months ago it was "Lakers aren't making the playoffs LOL"

Now that they have a chance it's "NBA is fixed" "let's make a video like it's proof" "they're getting swept anyway"

To be honest if "the fix is in," the fix has been in ever since Kobe has been in the league... these are the calls the Lakers get.

Worry about your own damn teams everyone... stop instigating crap arguments then playing the victim when people get on your case.
But what do you expect? When they're chasing down a playoff spot and in a game by game race these things are bound to happen, especially when games are being decided on controversial calls (the Timberwolves game for example) coupled with the Lakers have been the beneficiary of blatant cheating before (Game 6 2002 WCF Vs. The Kings) and to top it all off no one has forgotten about David Sterns "My ideal finals would be the Lakers Vs. The Lakers" comment. The Lakers are by far and way the most popular team in the league, its no secret that having them in the playoffs benefits the league, and that would be magnified if they just get in by the skin of their teeth, the story writes itself. Everyone loves a conspiracy theory, especially one with proof behind it.
I expect better from you.
mean.gif
So Jay-Z is a bad rapper now? Who are good rappers then?
He's not a bad rapper by any means but he's never done much from me aside from a couple of records. (Song Cry, Lost Ones, and like a few others) Definitely feel like he's grossly overrated and his business ventures have inflated his status as "The God" MC.

No thread derail though.
Yeah but who is a better accessible rap artist?

I'm always confused by rap because rap fans are worst than hipsters in hating somebody when they've been around for awhile
I forgot this is nt where everybody slurps on everything jay says.
Like having a taste in music determines our opinions in sports

F outta here lame
Who said that?.....

To me Jay-Z is the Beatles or Rolling Stones of rap, although he may not be everyone's favorite artist you have to respect them and even when they put out sub par stuff its still better 75 pct of other artists

Anyways y'all think the Lakers can get a win in Portlandia tonight? Im saying no

But what do you expect? When they're chasing down a playoff spot and in a game by game race these things are bound to happen, especially when games are being decided on controversial calls (the Timberwolves game for example) coupled with the Lakers have been the beneficiary of blatant cheating before (Game 6 2002 WCF Vs. The Kings) and to top it all off no one has forgotten about David Sterns "My ideal finals would be the Lakers Vs. The Lakers" comment. The Lakers are by far and way the most popular team in the league, its no secret that having them in the playoffs benefits the league, and that would be magnified if they just get in by the skin of their teeth, the story writes itself. Everyone loves a conspiracy theory, especially one with proof behind it.
mean.gif
Please tell me more about how the Kings got ****** in 2002 
nerd.gif
 *Lakers fans stay out of this*

Last edited by a moderator:
when did the cat with the d rose avy say that :lol:

i shouldve quoted exactly who i was responding to so your panties could remain unbunched

the post directly above my post is what i was responding to.........

Last edited:
There's not really any glaring idiocies with that Top 30. Carmelo COULD be higher, so could Tim Duncan, or Dwight Howard, or Rajon Rondo, or Kevin Love, or any of a number of guys.

It's based on this year, and who's performed well.

Would I say that fifteen players have had a better year than Steph Curry? No, probably not, at least not the guys listed ahead of him, but it's not like there's a science to all of this. It's not clear-cut.

The one guy I'd scratch my head at not being on there is Kenneth Faried.

:lol: @ LeBron doing the Bernie. :lol:

How this baby for mental toughness having Rose make #23 on that list...did they use his 2k13 attributes to validate this ****....smh

I expect better from you. :smh:

:lol: I'm not saying the Lakers wanted it to happen, but it still happened. I honestly think the Lakers had nothing to do with it at all, and that they were kept in the dark about the whole thing to prevent some sort of spectacle over it.
nerd.gif

That's the point, Anti knows damn well that story is a bunch of ********, he's using it to make his point, not seeing what really happened.

As I said, I expected better. :smh:

Someone asked about most likely 6-8 upset in the Playoffs.

It's looking like those six teams will be the ATL, Boston, Milwaukee, Golden State, Houston, and the Lakers.

I can't see the Hawks pulling off an upset against the Pacers. They tied the season series, but the Pacers play too physical of an NBA game for the Hawks, and considering that Josh Smith having to play good for a full series is unlikely, I don't see it.

Boston is capable of pulling off the upset against the Knicks, but it's not likely. If it happens, it has to be Jeff Green, Jason Terry, and Avery Bradley stepping up.

Milwaukee has no chance against Miami. No chance.

Golden State lost the season series against both the Grizzlies and Nuggets, but I feel like they could beat either of those teams, and especially the Clippers in the West. They are the team I'd suspect would have the best chance at scoring an upset.

Houston in a seven-game series? We saw James Harden last year in the Finals, and although he was great in the Playoffs before that, now he's the guy. If they face OKC, RIP. If they face San Antonio, RIP. :lol:

The Lakers could compete and make it interesting with the Spurs, but I don't think they stand a chance against OKC. No one to contain Russell, and that's not considering Durant. They have as much of a chance as Boston does, IMO.

So, if I had to choose one team, it'd be the Warriors. If not them, maybe Boston or LA.

mean.gif
nerd.gif

This is my favorite mix of it, the song and the opening comment make it lulz. I wont speak on it further though because we all know whats going to happen.

Lakers arent winning tonight, they havent won a back to back all year, what makes you think they will start now?

nerd.gif
This is my favorite mix of it, the song and the opening comment make it lulz. I wont speak on it further though because we all know whats going to happen.

Lakers arent winning tonight, they havent won a back to back all year, what makes you think they will start now?
laugh.gif
 agreed. We shouldn't talk ill on the Lakers ever since they have so many more titles and success than everyone combined.

Actually I am looking forward to the playoffs, so I can watch the Lakers lose.

whoooo, who's stoked for playoffs? 
I am.

First time in the last couple of years I can fully enjoy the playoffs without my attention and time being diverted for studying for the CPA exam.

Feels good.
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom