Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm in the minority in the view that the separation between durant and westbrook isn't nearly as grand as people make it out to be.

So when Westbrook is taking more shots than Durant, it isn't a big deal. But whatever.

People ragging on Russ need to watch him for a full game. Just watch him. No other player in the L other than maybe Faried puts it out there like Russell does. He makes game changing plays, hustle plays, offensive boards at opportune times, and does so much on the court.

I used to be hard on Russ, but when you look at the entire picture, everything he does, it's hard to not only like him, but appreciate him.

The gap between KD and Russ used to be a lot greater. Not anymore.

Russ is a Top-10 player. I can't name ten players better. Hell. I can't even for sure name five guys in the L that are clearly better than Russell.

LeBron. KD.

Who else?

Wade? Kobe? Paul? Wade? Melo?

On a given night, sure. Maybe. Russell is easily capable of outplaying every single of those dudes though.

You can go look at my stuff from two years ago. Completely different tone. I thought he was going to be the next Steve Francis. I was utterly, incompetently wrong.

Last edited:
just now seeing this pic :x

"Experts" strike again!
laugh.gif
Not one Jarret Jack
mean.gif

Jay Z owns 1/15 of 1 percent of the nets
roll.gif

Dude acts like he owns the whole goddamn team
Seriously? How many people can even say they own that much of a basketball team? Not to mention the marketing plan of the team heavily involves him and bills him as one of faces of the franchise how else is he supposed to act?

leave scoop alone. clearly he was reaching but jamison did put up stellar numbers last season. guess he was thinking dude would play the odom role lol

Not one Jarret Jack
mean.gif

Seriously? How many people can even say they own that much of a basketball team? Not to mention the marketing plan of the team heavily involves him and bills him as one of faces of the franchise how else is he supposed to act?
Well people dont put it in every goddamn song either.
Jesus Christ its like you have a radar about jayz and then anything negative said about your man you defend.
Im a 20year old college student of course I dont own a sports team you genius.

But those who own sports teams dont F'n walk around n talk about it every chance they get when they dont even own a full one percent

Get outta here with that.

Not even about that.

But dude acts like he has an actual say.

Plus he's selling his 1/15 of one percent anway

Not one Jarret Jack
mean.gif

Well people dont put it in every goddamn song either.
Jesus Christ its like you have a radar about jayz and then anything negative said about your man you defend.
Im a 20year old college student of course I dont own a sports team you genius.

But those who own sports teams dont F'n walk around n talk about it every chance they get when they dont even own a full one percent

Get outta here with that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Shame on Hov for not owning enough of the franchise.
FOR SHAME
Not even about that.

But dude acts like he has an actual say.

Plus he's selling his 1/15 of one percent anway
I doubt he has a say in the basketball operations of the team, but he definitely has a say in other things. Again, centerpiece of the martketing plan.

Last edited:
Only 60, 000?

Wonder if my dad is interested in a share.
:lol:

Anti- realized we jus have diff view points.
Plus I dont like jay, so instead of having a discussion that will get no where.
Lets agree to disagree

Lets just say the nets are worth $400 M. If my math is correct, 1/15 of one percent is $60,000.

masegif
And do we really believe thats how little he paid? If that was the case then so many other people would do it. Its not like thats an unobtainable amount of money. It costs much more than that, I'm thinking tens of millions at least, plus you have to bring something to the table for them to even want you to have ownership.

Lets just say the nets are worth $400 M. If my math is correct, 1/15 of one percent is $60,000.

masegif
And do we really believe thats how little he paid? If that was the case then so many other people would do it. Its not like thats an unobtainable amount of money. It costs much more than that, I'm thinking tens of millions at least, plus you have to bring something to the table for them to even want you to have ownership.

Hey man, I'm not saying the average man can do what jay z does. His brand got him that percentage and he's done his thing to help market the team.

But son is rapping like he is prokorov

I think your math is off. Should be like $266,000 If they are worth 400M and $353,000 if they are worth 530M.

I wonder how much Jay-Z earns from the Nets

Well, without really knowing his contract...

He owns approximately 1/15th of a percent. If you want to monetize that, his stake with the Nets would be worth $350,000.

If memory serves me correctly, the Nets are worth around $357 million. They reported a net Income of ($24 million) :lol:

Financially speaking, since the Net's aren't one of those teams who really make a profit (this year might be different since they're in Brooklyn), Jay-Z is entitled to 1/15 of his investment back a year.

My guess is that he probably makes around $400,000-600,000 (Includes his initial investment and other marketing ventures) a year from the Brooklyn Nets. He doesn't make any real money (relatively speaking) with the Nets. He's just a figure head and owning/being the face of an NBA team is purely for marketing purposes.

EDIT: The # inside parenthesis means negative

BTW, the dude who said it's "easy" to own 1/15th of a percent of a team--The Nets allowed him to own the team because of his name and his brand. That's what he brings to the table. Hell, if millions of people knew me and were my fans, I'd be able to own an NBA now with $350,000 :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder how much Jay-Z earns from the Nets

he gets payed in publicity. i heard there is a rocawear store in there too

prokorav needed him to get back all the black people that were kicked out of their neighborhood because of the construction of the stadium. and to get the hipsters down with the nets. plus there is nothing that people from brooklyn love more than anything related to brooklyn :lol:

jay z got crazy publicity and a foot into the sports world

they both made out well and achieved those goals

i don't know about money under the table or percentage points or whatever. but that's the gist of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom