Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is when I knew he wasn't gonna have a peaceful stay in the NBA.

:smh: @ these lame dudes complaining about an 8th seed team that has no chance even if they make the playoffs

this is the same ref treatment miami gets EVERY GAME

but all I see is dudes slurping lebron

a super team getting help all year is more disgusting and worthy of discussion than this :stoneface:

This whole page :x

BTW everyone always wants to blame westbrook but nobody talks about KD's passive aggressive bs if you want the ball demand it, sometimes you got to get in your teammates faces

Durant hasn't yet been forced into a situation where he MUST exhibit an alpha-dog personality. Any time he plays poorly a certain someone takes all the blame and KD gets to go scot-free. Melo, Lebron, and Kobe didn't always have that luxury. So they were forced into learning how to unleash their inner alpha-male.

Durant is only 24 though, that time will come.

I don't care if he's 24. How old is Westbrook? unfair treatment on Russ part
Oh I'm not making excuses for Durant at all. I'm just saying that I think he will eventually "get" it at some point. That'd be more likely to happen if Westbrook left at some point. It's hard to come into your own when there is another alpha-dog present.

I still think Westbrook is cancer.

He turns it up at the wrong moment(s). He's obviously not a traditional point guard, but damn, he's needs to think less about him and MORE about others. Create for your team, NOT just yourself. See that 6'10 forward right there... give that ***** the ball!
Everyone on the Thunder from teammates to coaches encourage Westbrook to play like he does. Durant always says that he likes it when Russell comes out aggressive and takes shots, because it helps free him up.

Have you ever considered that maybe KD doesn't feel like he's ready to be a "give me the mf'ing ball" type player yet, and is actually relieved that he has someone to take pressure off of him? He wants Westbrook to keep doing what he's doing. Someone like Kobe wouldn't accept that from a teammate because he always wants to be the clearcut leader. He wants to be the one to take full responsibility, win or lose. But Durant isn't Kobe.

KD can be too passive. Russ can be too aggressive. One or both might be the reason they don't win a championship. 

Oh and the fact that they lost their 3rd (some would argue 2nd) best player last season and replaced him with Kevin Martin. Or the fact that they'd have to face an efficient machine of basketball destruction in the Miami Heat and Lebron James. Or their coach who still has issues and question marks. The odds that one specific issue will be the sole blame are slim, so it'll likely be a combination. Unless Russ shoots 8 for 82 over four games and they lose a series or Brooks plays Fisher 38 minutes a game. 

And again... if Russ was such a problem, it sure has a funny way of showing. 2nd in the West. 1st in offense, 6th in defense... while he's putting up 23, 5.4, 7.6, and 2 steals. 

Of course, it could be a case of Durant and Westbrook are just so good that they can overcome their issues during the regular season and the stats don't back it up. After all, Russ isn't a traditional pass first point guard and he has an attitude problem... but those of us with subpar "basketball resumes" might not put as much emphasis in that. 

Westbrook is more physical and slashes to the basket much more aggressively than Marbury, but Marbury has the size, strength and playmaking ability over Westbrook.

I still think Westbrook messes up the offensive flow a bit with the Thunder sometime. Dude also makes a lot of mental mistakes during crucial points of the game.

He just takes a lot of questionable pull shots.. and a lot of out of control shots sometimes. But I still think the good outweighs the bad.

I still think Westbrook is cancer.

He turns it up at the wrong moment(s). He's obviously not a traditional point guard, but damn, he's needs to think less about him and MORE about others. Create for your team, NOT just yourself. See that 6'10 forward right there... give that ***** the ball!we
I'm so sick of hearing this nonsense 
laugh.gif
.  KD is simply not built like that...period.  He's a great player, but people need to stop acting like he's already  one of the greatest of all time, and Westbrook is a scrub holding him back from being that.  Stop it.  KD doesn't WANT to take 25-30 shots.  He wants to not force the issue and to shoot a high percentage.  He said it himself...he checks his stats throughout the game to see what all of his numbers look like.  And he would rather have a turnover than a missed shot 
indifferent.gif
.  Westbrook on the other hand could care less about stats.  ‘No. Nope … If I was considering about [statistics] I’d do a lot of **** different.’”  Westbrook is the leader of that team, and if he doesn't play the play he plays, OKC would be nowhere near as successful. 

This whole page :x

BTW everyone always wants to blame westbrook but nobody talks about KD's passive aggressive bs if you want the ball demand it, sometimes you got to get in your teammates faces
KD is charmin, you see his hairline, ***** wouldn't counter his own barber, you think he's gonna get in Westbrook face? :rolleyes

i swear, sometimes it feels like im the only one who liked Marbury. wish dude wasnt sick in the head :smh:

I don't get why people go THAT far.. KD doesn't care about winning?

I saw him crying after the Finals.. I don't think it was because of his FG%

He cares... Some passive stretches and maybe focusing too much about his stats this season but that kid cares about winning.

Last edited:
Even though Durant is obviously the more talented player, Russ is the alpha male on the team. While Durant can take over a game and make big shots, Sometimes he gets really passive. Some of y'all are crazy to sleep on Westbrook though, he's the most explosive athlete at the pg position which he just started playing when he entered the league. He's improved his game every year and he's only 24. I believe that he'll be a consistent MVP candidate/triple double threat in the coming years, he has the potential to be an amazing on defender as well.

I don't get why people go THAT far.. KD doesn't care about winning?

I saw him crying after the Finals.. I don't think it was because of his FG%

He cares... Some passive stretches and maybe focusing too much about his stats this season but that kid cares about winning.

i agree he does care about winning. but westbrook got that kobe in him. that i dont care who is on the court or who is open or if its a better percentage shot im taking over and im gonna get us the win mentality...

this dude westbrook gotta be the most angry dunker in the nba. his dunks are straight ANGRY when he throws um down...

i agree he does care about winning. but westbrook got that kobe in him. that i dont care who is on the court or who is open or if its a better percentage shot im taking over and im gonna get us the win mentality...

this dude westbrook gotta be the most angry dunker in the nba. his dunks are straight ANGRY when he throws um down...

I agree I see a lot of Kobe.
Lakers needa get that boy in 2015 screw 2014.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom