Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it pretty sickening for as hard as D Rose competes every second of every game, for people to now question his desire to get back on the court. :smh:

I hope he hears every, single, word. And takes it out on everybody next year.

Except the Lakers, I hope he goes 0-2 against us, 80-0 against everyone else is fine by me. :pimp:

--Well said Cake.

I completely agree. And lose to the Lakers in the Finals

We're back on this Pooh playing thing again? :lol: :smh:

He'll play when he's ready to play, not when any of us are. It's that simple.

If any of us feel some type of way about that, so what.

How about how his teammates feel about it?

Or is he just out there playing for himself?

Dude is hurting his team in a year when they are VERY good, and could contend with him.

I'm sorry but explain to me how he's hurting his team when from the beginning of the year they were told there was a large possibility that he wasn't coming back.

They talk to him every day, they see him working hard every day. They are the first ones to say they know how much he wants to be out there with them, they just want him to get healthy and return to form.

Furthermore they've played the entire season without him playing once single second of game time. So how exactly is he hurting his team.

And you're wrong, this team is not VERY good. They're a decent to good team depending on the day. They play VERY HARD and are very well coached, but very good is a drastic stretch. The Clippers are a very good team, are you saying that this roster is comparable to that of the Clippers?

If so its obvious that you haven't watched many of their games.

Semantics.

They are a decently seeded playoff team without him. With him they could contend.

If he is healthy then he should play, and if I am the Bulls organization I would definitely have a problem with a healthy player holding himself out of games.

Whether its Jimmy Butler, Vlad Radmonovic, or Derrick Rose, if you're healthy you have a responsibility and a contractual obligation to play.

But maybe he'll get his confidence back running scrimmages against Captain Kirk and Marquis Teague, who knows

Back to basketball: Does anyone believe Boston can upset NYK if the playoff match-ups hold? Celtics use team basketball & Green gets hot with Pierce's clutch factor. Knicks get cold from deep.

I wouldn't be surprised either. But I bring up the point because many NBA fans and basketball media have the NYK pegged for the ECF.

Not so fast, my friend.

Back to basketball: Does anyone believe Boston can upset NYK if the playoff match-ups hold? Celtics use team basketball & Green gets hot with Pierce's clutch factor. Knicks get cold from deep.
Anything is possible, can't wait for the playoffs to start.

Most Knick fans are more than aware of what the Celtics can do to us. What's your point?

I explicitly said NBA fans and basketball media. For example, Stephen A. on First Take this morning. Reading is fundamental.

The media is doing this explicitly so you argue about people putting the Knicks in the ECF. Creating an argument out of thin air. Get the clicks and ratings.

I explicitly said NBA fans and basketball media. For example, Stephen A. on First Take this morning. Reading is fundamental.

Such defensive behavior and insecurity is a feminine trait, gentlemen. I raised a legitimate basketball point to steer away from the Derrick Rose shenanigans.

Such defensive behavior and insecurity is a feminine trait, gentlemen. I raised a legitimate basketball point to steer away from the Derrick Rose shenanigans.
Of course. It's First Take. Always gotta defend against their words meaning anything really.

Not even a slight chance, barring injury of course. NYK's guard play & big man rotation are much much greater than what it was in Melo's first run in NY when they were broomed. That series will be extremely short.

that's if BOS can even hold on to the seed. They're only 1 up in the L column on MIL & the Bucks won the season series 3-1 so they have the tie breaker.

If they drop down to 8 that's obviously a short series as well.

Last edited:
can never count boston out of anything, but with the lack of rondo and an unhealthy garnett it will certainly make it tougher for them

That was only one specific example I listed referring to basketball media, since you had such a severe gripe with my original two statements listing NBA fans and basketball media. I never said NT'ers, you just can't read. Word to the Water Boy or that stupid Ben Stiller character from Tropic Thunder.

For the last time, I raised the Celtics/Knicks point partially to deviate from the overblown D. Rose speculation. The other portion is a legitimate argument. I've seen a fair amount of NBA fans (not only on NT, per se) and basketball media picking the NYK to reach the ECF. So instead of nitpicking the original argument or question posed, answer it. Why will the Celtics upset (or not) the Knicks?

I started with some basic points. Boston has rallied with stellar team basketball since Rondo went down. Pierce is a known closer. Jeff Green has shown a tendency to get hot, albeit very streaky at times. NYK seem to rely heavily on the three ball. What happens when the shooters go cold? Particularly JR Smith, who has provided lethal #2 scoring recently alongside Melo. Boston can throw a variety of defenders at Melo. Green, Pierce, and maybe even Bradley if Doc doesn't fear the height and size advantage. NYK's team defense will be put to the test in the playoffs under Woodson.

You got your answer though. They are pushing the Knicks as instant ECF participants so they can just bring the house down if they lose. As you can see, nobody in the media cares about the Brooklyn nets.

The celtics can easily beat them. Chicago would probably too. And I doubt any true Knicks fan woukd be shocked to an amazing degree. It would just be "same ol Knicks"

There's nothing to be defensive about.

The media does better with either "the Knicks are terrible" or "the Knicks are gonna take down the heat". Because they win and get the chatter either way. Either the Knicks are garbage, or they underachieved. Either way they make money off it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom