Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="FlyerThanDelta"]AGAIN!!!!!!!!! If you haven't experienced an acl tear I'd suggest you hush up, when he's ready he'll return it's as simple as that.
so since I've torn both of my ACLs, can I chime in?

because my opinion is that if he has been medically cleared, he should be on the floor.[/quote]

Yes, but according to your SN you're a Sith, so how can we trust you?

Melo # 1 in jersey sales...
pimp.gif

I also didn't wear the number 1 or have a contract with Adidas, so you're absolutely right. I should just be quiet since my situation wasn't precisely, EXACTLY like his.

if my nickname was Pooh at the time I got injured, would that mean I can talk? or are the only people who have a valid opinion the ones who have the exact same scenario he has?
Those factors that you mentioned, while being facetious, are valid ones. None of us can relate to the amount of pressure on him and what it expected of him when he returns. And not just the pressure of expectations of the fans but the pressure of coming back and not ruining his career.

Personally, I can't be critical of him. I'm sure he wants to be out there.

Plus he plays in the east and I don't wanna see him in the playoffs it it ever came to that.:lol:

I know I shouldn't do this... Every sensible aspect of my being knows not to engage Laker fans not named CP & Ska...

But... Buddy said Dwight is playing and averaging 17 & 13 & he's used to his favorite player playing through injuries....

There's two things wrong with using them as measuring sticks.

1) Dwight is playing 2nd fiddle right now, he's not the be all end all like he was in Orlando. The buck doesn't begin and end with him, he doesn't have nearly the weight in terms of what's required as compared to Pooh. Now in Orlando he did, and he did what? He sat.

2) Bean has never suffered an injury that mandated him to STOP playing, let alone that didn't allow him the ability to play. Has he played through some injuries sure, but those injuries he's suffered there are players who are playing with those very same injuries. He's not performing some super macho feat bro. He hasn't suffered any career altering injuries which is a blessing, he hasn't suffered any injuries that could mandate a drastic change in his style of play.. So none of us know how he or any other athlete who hasn't experienced that would respond. It's all speculation. You can only assume because that's your favorite player & he's played through some injuries, but remember those are the same injuries that others have & are playing through currently as well.

So if you're going to compare his situation, at least have an accurate & logical comparison. But at the end of the day to paraphrase Adrian Peterson, everyone's body is different, we all heal at our own rate and the best thing an athlete can do in this situation is listen to his body.

Last edited:
What the hell does Marcus Latimore have to with Derek Rose?

Until Marcus is cutting in game I don't wanna hear about him in regards to Derek Rose

marcus-lattimore-injury.gif

Occurred oct 27th...we are now in April, and already working out at his pro day, but you'll probably tell me rose injury was for more severe...u can the difference between somebody with mental toughness and one that's not...I thought Chicago made u tough, cuz rose n all ya defending him are food...rose got his Adidas lifetime contract, he don't give a **** no more

I find it pretty sickening for as hard as D Rose competes every second of every game, for people to now question his desire to get back on the court. :smh:

I hope he hears every, single, word. And takes it out on everybody next year.

Except the Lakers, I hope he goes 0-2 against us, 80-0 against everyone else is fine by me. :pimp:

--Well said Cake.

I know I shouldn't do this... Every sensible aspect of my being knows not to engage Laker fans not named CP & Ska...

But... Buddy said Dwight is playing and averaging 17 & 13 & he's used to his favorite player playing through injuries....

1) Dwight is playing 2nd fiddle right now, he's not the be all end all like he was in Orlando. The buck doesn't begin and end with him, he doesn't have nearly the weight in terms of what's required as compared to Pooh. Now in Orlando he did, and he did what? He sat.

2) Bean has never suffered an injury that mandated him to STOP playing, let alone that didn't allow him the ability to play. Has he played through some injuries sure, but those injuries he's suffered there are players who are playing with those very same injuries. He's not performing some super macho feat bro. He hasn't suffered any career altering injuries which is a blessing, he hasn't suffered any injuries that could mandate a drastic change in his style of play.. So none of us know how he or any other athlete who hasn't experienced that would respond. It's all speculation. You can only assume because that's your favorite player & he's played through some injuries, but remember those are the same injuries that others have & are playing through currently as well.

So if you're going to compare his situation, at least have an accurate & logical comparison. But at the end of the day to paraphrase Adrian Peterson, everyone's body is different, we all heal at our own rate and the best thing an athlete can do in this situation is listen to his body.

1) he sat when it had just happened. If he was still in Orlando he woulda been playing. He played a few weeks with that injury before he shut it down. He was the number one guy there.

2) while I agree with your point that Kobe hasn't had an injury like that, given his track record, I would put all the money I have to say that Kobe would be back the second he was CLEARED to play.

All I'm saying is if he's medically cleared to play its a mental thing, only way to get over this is to play.
That's the only point I'm trying to make. I'm not saying oh pooh is faking or anything, what I'm saying is they shoulda never announced he's cleared to play, if he's scared too (mentally)

Last edited:
u can the difference between somebody with mental toughness and one that's not...I thought Chicago made u tough, cuz rose n all ya defending him are food...rose got his Adidas lifetime contract, he don't give a **** no more
LOL.

I find it pretty sickening for as hard as D Rose competes every second of every game, for people to now question his desire to get back on the court.
mean.gif
 Sounds like those aren't true fans of him or the team.  I believe he'll come back with a passion

1) he sat when it had just happened. If he was still in Orlando he woulda been playing. He played a few weeks with that injury before he shut it down. He was the number one guy there.

2) while I agree with your point that Kobe hasn't had an injury like that, given his track record, I would put all the money I have to say that Kobe would be back the second he was CLEARED to play.

All I'm saying is if he's medically cleared to play its a mental thing, only way to get over this is to play.
That's the only point I'm trying to make. I'm not saying oh pooh is faking or anything, what I'm saying is they shoulda never announced he's cleared to play, if he's scared too (mentally)

That was the organization's response to Reggie's comment's after the trade deadline.

They were trying to save face, the plan all along was not to give any info on his status at all until he was ready to go into the line up.

All of that changed once Reggie publicly stated what EVERY realistic Bulls fan has been saying for years now. then media began to speculate whether or not Pooh was using his brother as his mouth piece and the Brass didn't like the fact that he aired their dirty laundry so in return they turned on Derrick in a sense and leaked that his he was medically cleared and chose not to play. Even though they had stated it was his choice to begin with.

In turn you have radio jockey's calling him out of his name & radical fans calling for him to be traded. Which is extremely disappointing considering this is a Kid who they had to make sit out/declare him inactive to force him to somewhat heal when he was injured last year.

That was the organization's response to Reggie's comment's after the trade deadline.

They were trying to save face, the plan all along was not to give any info on his status at all until he was ready to go into the line up.

All of that changed once Reggie publicly stated what EVERY realistic Bulls fan has been saying for years now. then media began to speculate whether or not Pooh was using his brother as his mouth piece and the Brass didn't like the fact that he aired their dirty laundry so in return they turned on Derrick in a sense and leaked that his he was medically cleared and chose not to play. Even though they had stated it was his choice to begin with.

In turn you have radio jockey's calling him out of his name & radical fans calling for him to be traded. Which is extremely disappointing considering this is a Kid who they had to make sit out/declare him inactive to force him to somewhat heal when he was injured last year.

I agree that no info shoulda been given. But I'm going off of that report, whether its false or no I don't know

That's sad tho.
Roses mvp season was sick, I wish him, the bulls, and bulls fans good luck in the future :smile:

[quote name="FlyerThanDelta"]AGAIN!!!!!!!!! If you haven't experienced an acl tear I'd suggest you hush up, when he's ready he'll return it's as simple as that.
so since I've torn both of my ACLs, can I chime in?

because my opinion is that if he has been medically cleared, he should be on the floor.[/quote]

Yeah you can and ive stated before ive torn my acl as well but do we really have bball careers to think about....In his case he does, the Doctor doesnt know whats going through his mind mentally or experienced a horrific injury in that case. A Doctor can give you Medicine and says youll be fine but does it always work....

Shattered my ankle(ran track in HS/D-1) and that was a huge mental block trying to get back from that. It takes time, different people push their limits at different paces. With that money invested, who knows what all Rose is hearing or what he's feeling.

Last edited:
We're back on this Pooh playing thing again? :lol: :smh:

He'll play when he's ready to play, not when any of us are. It's that simple.

If any of us feel some type of way about that, so what.

How about how his teammates feel about it?

Or is he just out there playing for himself?

Dude is hurting his team in a year when they are VERY good, and could contend with him.

Last edited:
We're back on this Pooh playing thing again? :lol: :smh:

He'll play when he's ready to play, not when any of us are. It's that simple.

If any of us feel some type of way about that, so what.

How about how his teammates feel about it?

Or is he just out there playing for himself?

Dude is hurting his team in a year when they are VERY good, and could contend with him.

I'm sorry but explain to me how he's hurting his team when from the beginning of the year they were told there was a large possibility that he wasn't coming back.

They talk to him every day, they see him working hard every day. They are the first ones to say they know how much he wants to be out there with them, they just want him to get healthy and return to form.

Furthermore they've played the entire season without him playing once single second of game time. So how exactly is he hurting his team.

And you're wrong, this team is not VERY good. They're a decent to good team depending on the day. They play VERY HARD and are very well coached, but very good is a drastic stretch. The Clippers are a very good team, are you saying that this roster is comparable to that of the Clippers?

If so its obvious that you haven't watched many of their games.

Last edited:
people thought the bulls were going to tank this season away but we all know thibs aint having that

rose is only being questioned because the bulls are sitting in 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom