Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="quik1987"]Isn't he doing full contact scrimmages now?[/quote]from what I've heard/read, yes.

Last edited:
^not true.

I sprained my ankle so bad my senior year in highschool I was out for 3 weeks and it still hurts some mornings when I wake up. I played the last month of the season on a 70% ankle. Granted, it's just highschool ball that don't mean a da,m thing :lol:
But I didn't have world class medical staff or rehab.
I had my moms rubbing my ankle with some Bengay and some wrap.

Think about it man, he has the best doctors working on his knee, he's been cleared to play, only way to get over your mental fears is going out there. Sitting court side isn't doing anything

Tell me about it. I sprained my left ankle recently and it took me like 5 weeks to get back. I played last week and I was only like 70%. My rehab was just rubbing, bengay, wrap, ice, and soaking it in hot water.

Having that pro treatment makes a huge diff.

I think everybody saying he should play have had serious injuries. I think people dont realize that the only way u get over the mental part is to play full contact. Not against teammates in practice. After the first few bumps n fouls he will realize hes fine and start to take it a step further everytime. That "only god knows" crap shows that hes jus afraid and doesnt wanna b out there. If hes not gonna play come out and say that plain and simple.

Rose (like kd) has that nba poster child image. Humble, dedicated, and responsible on n off the court. He is jus a likeable kid and thats y people arent gonna call him out like they do others

[quote name="Ballinsam23"]I feel as if the only people that think he should've been back already never got seriously injured while playing any sport at a competitive level.
like I said, I've torn both of my ACLs. Left one playing football, right one playing basketball. Couldn't wait to get back, both times. sure, I was a little ginger and timid when I first came back, but the only way I got through that was getting banged up a few times and mentally realizing I was fine.[/quote]

pretty sure you werent the face of a franchise & your team didnt tell you the choice is all up to you

I also didn't wear the number 1 or have a contract with Adidas, so you're absolutely right. I should just be quiet since my situation wasn't precisely, EXACTLY like his.

if my nickname was Pooh at the time I got injured, would that mean I can talk? or are the only people who have a valid opinion the ones who have the exact same scenario he has?

Last edited:
Hooper with Steph Curry ankles checking in.

I've had the 2 worst ankle sprains you could have on the same left ankle happen 2
Summers in a row. So bad, that I still feel it today.

No, I'm not comparing it to an ACL injury...I'm
Not dumb, I know knee injuries are the worst.

But, ska is right about the fact that the only way to get over the mental aspect is to actually play.

When the 2nd one happened for me, I told myself it was time to hang up the kicks. When I tried to play after I was "cleared" I was playing like the ultimate "b...." Hella timid, hella cautious...not going after boards in the paint, not chasing down dudes if they got past me, and most importantly not driving the ball to the hole...ever.

It wasn't even fun, there's no point in hooping if you can't play the right way. So I gave up... I didn't play for a whole entire year. Mentally I was hella soft and shattered. But a few friends of mine gave me some great encouragement. They gave me some quotes, sent me some of those motivational videos, and basically told me I'm missin out on one of my biggest passions in life because I'm scared of aggravating an ankle. Life is too short, so I went back. After playing for a few weeks, I got back in a groove.

Mentally, it's been a year or 2 and I'm back to hoopin regularly with no fears. Yeah, sometimes I tweek the ankle of course, but thankfully nothing as bad as before (knock on wood).

Point is though, if I didn't give it a shot I never would of "mentally been ready"

It took games to get me back, not rest. I could of still been resting it today if it wasn't for my friends pushing me.

Life is too short man, I get that Rose has his future in mind...but life is too short. There's no guarantee life will still be there for us next season, if we're cleared and healthy,
If we can physically go...then go. Make the beSt of it, charish your time and give it a go.

That's just my opinion. I am not losing respect for him, it's his body, his family, his future, his decision. But my opinion is if he can play,
He should. It's the only way to break that mental barrier. A whole summer off won't make a difference mentally....playing will.

pretty sure you werent the face of a franchise & your team didnt tell you the choice is all up to you

That's true, of course, but I think the point Ska is making is that, if its fear that's preventing him from coming back, the only way to really get over that is to go out and play.

Hooper with Steph Curry ankles checking in.

I've had the 2 worst ankle sprains you could have on the same left ankle happen 2
Summers in a row. So bad, that I still feel it today.

No, I'm not comparing it to an ACL injury...I'm
Not dumb, I know knee injuries are the worst.

But, ska is right about the fact that the only way to get over the mental aspect is to actually play.

When the 2nd one happened for me, I told myself it was time to hang up the kicks. When I tried to play after I was "cleared" I was playing like the ultimate "b...." Hella timid, hella cautious...not going after boards in the paint, not chasing down dudes if they got past me, and most importantly not driving the ball to the hole...ever.

It wasn't even fun, there's no point in hooping if you can't play the right way. So I gave up... I didn't play for a whole entire year. Mentally I was hella soft and shattered. But a few friends of mine gave me some great encouragement. They gave me some quotes, sent me some of those motivational videos, and basically told me I'm missin out on one of my biggest passions in life because I'm scared of aggravating an ankle. Life is too short, so I went back. After playing for a few weeks, I got back in a groove.

Mentally, it's been a year or 2 and I'm back to hoopin regularly with no fears. Yeah, sometimes I tweek the ankle of course, but thankfully nothing as bad as before (knock on wood).

Point is though, if I didn't give it a shot I never would of "mentally been ready"

It took games to get me back, not rest. I could of still been resting it today if it wasn't for my friends pushing me.

Life is too short man, I get that Rose has his future in mind...but life is too short. There's no guarantee life will still be there for us next season, if we're cleared and healthy,
If we can physically go...then go. Make the beSt of it, charish your time and give it a go.

That's just my opinion. I am not losing respect for him, it's his body, his family, his future, his decision. But my opinion is if he can play,
He should. It's the only way to break that mental barrier. A whole summer off won't make a difference mentally....playing will.

Yup.

If He's healthy and in agroove i do think they have a GREAT chance at the heat. Having Hinrich, Nate, Rip, Bellinelli, & Butler is a HUGE improvement offensively than having bogans & Brewer. Those guys simply couldn't score and i think that was the biggest part against the heat that they were missing. They were willing to leave guys WIDE open and collapse on Rose.

I wouldve loved to see him back this year but if he isnt healthy he isnt healthy
:lol: Let's not act like Miami is still giving big minutes to Joel Anthony, Mike Bibby who could no longer shoot, and Mike Miller with a big brace on his shooting hand.

Both teams were giving minutes to scrubs in that series, both teams no longer give minutes to those scrubs.
Wait are we acting like Mike Bibby is still in the league :nerd: :nerd:

That's true, of course, but I think the point Ska is making is that, if its fear that's preventing him from coming back, the only way to really get over that is to go out and play.

i got exactly what he meant

I also didn't wear the number 1 or have a contract with Adidas, so you're absolutely right. I should just be quiet since my situation wasn't precisely, EXACTLY like his.

if my nickname was Pookie at the time I got injured, would that mean I can talk? or are the only people who have a valid opinion the ones who have the exact same scenario he has?

:lol:

ill leave it alone everyone knows this perfect storm EXACTLY & no one can dispute it OK

*Pooh is the man's nickname given to him by his grandmother that other grown men choose to repeat & call him

*Pookie was the crackhead from new jack city

get it right

Last edited:

Okay so its his decision, answer this question.

Is he magically going to get healthy in 2 weeks? No.

Why does God know everything and not himself?

Is he scared? You need to take off your Derrick Rose cap and think as a logical basketball fan, not as a Bulls, or Derrick Rose fan.

Last edited:

Okay so its his decision, answer this question.

Is he magically going to get healthy in 2 weeks? No.

Why does God know everything and not himself?

Is he scared, you need to take off your Derrick Rose cap and think as a logical basketball fan, not as a Bulls, or Derrick Rose fan.

1st & foremost

god DOES know everything...point blank

not bulls/dr1 fan/ hat on at all

i wouldve said these exact same things if rubio was waiting to come back & the wolves told him it was all up to him

1st & foremost

i wouldve said these exact same things if rubio was waiting to come back & the wolves told him it was all up to him

God don't give a damn about sports.

Get outta here with that nonsense.

:smh:

1st & foremost

This bout to turn into a religious debate :lol:

And I highly doubt that.

1st & foremost

God don't give a damn about sports.

Get outta here with that nonsense.

:smh:

i dont even want to continue the back & forth with either of you if you cant grasp that extremly simple FACT

We're back on this Pooh playing thing again? :lol: :smh:

He'll play when he's ready to play, not when any of us are. It's that simple.

If any of us feel some type of way about that, so what.

What the hell does Marcus Latimore have to with Derek Rose?

Until Marcus is cutting in game I don't wanna hear about him in regards to Derek Rose

[quote name="Seymore CAKE"]He'll play when he's ready to play, not when any of us are. It's that simple.

If any of us feel some type of way about that, so what.[/quote]Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom