Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks should beat Boston but it will be a grind. I'd say 6 but that means closing it out in Boston - so instead I'll say 7 at home.

Both that series and Indiana will be a grind, especially for a team who hasn't really done anything in the post-season. Knicks can play Melo exclusively at the 4 against Boston and be just fine. They'll go small plenty too with Jeff to match up with Melo and Brandon Bass at PF isn't hurting you either. David West on the other hand could be tricky. Pacers pick and roll defense also could really give the Knicks a world of trouble, Melo will have to be locked in from mid-range all series.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that Doc Rivers and the Celtics are seeding themselves accordingly to play the Knicks? The Celtics have been doing for the past couple years, Doc Rivers gives no other team respect but the Heat. got a good feeling that the Celtics want this, Doc wants this.

This series is going to be crazy. This so important for my Knicks, to finally get past the first round, but to also finally get past Boston. Going to be a big challenge and hurdle for the Knicks to finally get thru.

I envy you basketball fans, you guys are going to watch a great series. I on the other hand, will not be able to enjoy it, I will be a nervous ****** wreck the whole time. :smh:

No. Honestly I think it's impossible to run a good team by literally throwing games. But I think he is more than fine playing the knicks. I think Garnett is resting because he needs the rest, not so they can play the knciks

Anyone else think that Doc Rivers and the Celtics are seeding themselves accordingly to play the Knicks? The Celtics have been doing for the past couple years, Doc Rivers gives no other team respect but the Heat. got a good feeling that the Celtics want this, Doc wants this.

This series is going to be crazy. This so important for my Knicks, to finally get past the first round, but to also finally get past Boston. Going to be a big challenge and hurdle for the Knicks to finally get thru.

I envy you basketball fans, you guys are going to watch a great series. I on the other hand, will not be able to enjoy it, I will be a nervous ****** wreck the whole time. :smh:

I think Boston would win a series in six games, Garnett would get into Melo's head without a question, and once Melo stops scoring the Knicks are done.

Doc Rivers would throw so many things at the Knicks that it's gonna be crazy.

I agree with that sentiment. I feel like the Knicks would struggle against a strong defensive side like the Pacers and Paul George on Melo.

Not to look ahead. But the only way you are beating the heat is getting hot and scoring with with a barrage of three pointers. So I'm not even mad. I'll take a 20 percent chance over 0

They are bad at defending the 3. And are based on exploiting turnovers. Which the Knicks don't commit.

So the gameplan is a good one for them.

Getting passed a team like Chicago or Indiana its a recipe for a disaster... But it is what it is

i say even for boston. they arent the defensive team they once were but they can change the tempo for the game. playoffs slows down the tempo

Hypothetically, NYK/MIA could make for a great playoff series offensively. Melo vs. Bron head-to-head would be a treat, if they go tit for tat.

Chicago is a dog fight because Thibs gives everything each time out regardless of who dresses.

lebron has the luxury of having battier guard melo for 3 quarters and then stepping in when melo when he is tired and worn out. The entire team would have to step up

The Melo we've seen recently could fry even a great defender like Battier for three quarters, no?

I suppose Wade is accounting for JR defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom