Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo is the rare player that can drop 50, get the W, only miss 8 shots and have people think less of him for it.

I think his shot was back to Olympic levels last night, and just hope he stays hot heading into the playoffs.

Last edited:
So, Shaq's jersey hanging the wrong way was a mistake. The Lakers VP of public relations said the mistake would be fixed in a week or two.
So whos gonna get fired for this?
I like Conley, I think he's a pretty good PG to run a team, but you need to calm down with all this slurpage. Everyone knows he's not a better iso player than any of those guys, doesnt matter what the #s say.
I didn't say he was a better isolation player. Here we go with me quoting what an article says and then somebody putting words in my mouth again. Read.

Do I want Conley taking all of my shots in a 4th quarter in the isolation? No. The stat says what it says. Its a simple fact. And I'm sure you didn't even read **** else the article said, you just couldn't wait to jump on me for posting something factual?
laugh.gif
Gonna have to agree with him this time. The thought of Conley being a better ISO player than these guys didnt even cross my mind and I know he wouldnt dare suggest such.

No doubt he had a great shooting night, but I'll take 14-17 with most shots inside the paint all day. You know, because interior shots attempts are better than mid range jumpers

Bron goes 14-17 or W/E Media hypes him for having a near perfect game. Most of which are Dunks and inside the Paint shots.
It was 13-14 and I'd say that deserves praise.

Knicks fans always feel the need to get a pat on the back. Only fans I see who constantly complain when things actually go well for them.

Carmelo drops 50 and they're mad that not enough people are complimenting him. Easily the most insecure fan-base in North America sports.

I mean, what he did doesn't sound unimpressive or anything (I didn't see any of it), but the way he phrased it is just funny.

Think about it this way. Anthony could take 26 non-paint shots tomorrow, and make eight of them. James could take how many ever mostly-paint shots again tomorrow and nearly repeat his performance. No reason to give Anthony extra credit points for doing it strictly on jumpers and a few free throws.

Last edited:
but they clearly ignored the possessions per game.

conley averages 1.7 isolations plays per game compared to 6.9 for irving, 7.7 for kobe, 5.7 for durant, and 6.1 for lebron

And it also doesn't seem to factor in the differences in team defensive strategies against these players. I'm sure that teams specifically game plan for when Kobe, Durant and LeBron have ISO plays. I doubt that's the case with Mike Conley. Plus, those other guys always have the other team's best defensive player on them. Again, not usually the case for Conley.

So, I have no problem with someone writing an article about how much Conley has improved this season and making the point he's a better offensive player than most people probably think. But the stat about the ISO plays is kind of dumb and pointless to me. No matter how you look at it, its not an apples-to-apples comparison when you're talking about guys like Kobe and LeBron, so why bother?

Shaq's jersey being backwards :lol: :lol:

He had a great speech though :smokin

That Laker team was fun to watch during their 3-peat ( except vs the Nets :nerd: :lol: ). Those battles against the Blazers, Kings, etc were some classic match ups.

Melo going off last night :x :x His shooting % was just as impressive too

Kobe's triple double in a big win was needed for LA

The attention Bron garnered was about that 1 game not about the consistency of it. Its harder to shoot jumpers than to attack the paint to get points in the league now. Give credit when its due and stop the favortism reporting.

Lol brah did u read everything?
Melo had a fantastic shooting game wouldn't that warrant more props than its given.

The attention Bron garnered was about that 1 game not about the consistency of it. Its harder to shoot jumpers than to attack the paint to get points in the league now. Give credit when its due and stop the favortism reporting.
Not really because the 13-14 game happened during his streak of 6 games in a row with 30+ points and 60+% from the field.

It was an amazing game by Melo last night though. I'm just not really sure what you're looking for. Do you want a parade or what?

Carmelo drops 50 and they're mad that not enough people are complimenting him.
Yes, because I said "my KNICKS got the job done. yall sleeping on CARMELO. Don't hate just cuz your fake superstars can't shoot like my mans!!!"

It was a great shooting performance from any player against any team. That's all. There's no need to throw shade or claim this as a signifier of his career.

It's just a case of context. His name didn't come up, because someone said Melo > Durant again, so this really ain't the moment to take the same old shots at him.

Last edited:
Lebron was being treated the same way last season, getting a ring cures all until Melo gets that ring his regular season accomplishments mean nothing

I mean, what he did doesn't sound unimpressive or anything (I didn't see any of it), but the way he phrased it is just funny.

Think about it this way. Anthony could take 26 non-paint shots tomorrow, and make eight of them. James could take how many ever mostly-paint shots again tomorrow and nearly repeat his performance. No reason to give Anthony extra credit points for doing it strictly on jumpers and a few free throws.

Not everyone can bulldoze into defenders like a freight train on every single play.

Not everyone has the luxury of 2 franchise players to attract the defense to leak out.

Switch wade for melo and he would be a "winner" on that team

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 and put Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in NY and you wouldn't complain at all. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I'd take a front court of Sadam and the unibomber if it meant a championship. That's not really the point. It's not even a complaint. Its just pointing out the obvious. Melo is never gonna be able to score inside like that.

It's just interesting to see how the media covers different things.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I'd take a front court of Sadam and the unibomber if it meant a championship. That's not really the point. It's not even a complaint. Its just pointing out the obvious. Melo is never gonna be able to score inside like that.

Why can't he score in the inside. He's like 6'8" and looks to be around 230-240

He's not the athlete lebron is and I also think defenses has a much easier time structuring the gameplay around him. Because the Knicks have no true #2 offensive option. Unless you talking about the pipe

He's a terrible finisher. Biggest offensive flaw by far. As to why...I don't know.

He's not the athlete lebron is and I also think defenses has a much easier time structuring the gameplay around him. Because the Knicks have no true #2 offensive option. Unless you talking about the pipe

He's a terrible finisher. Biggest offensive flaw by far. As to why...I don't know.

His lift is gone. He was never the high flier Bron was but a young Melo could easily take someone off the dribble and finish with a dunk. Seems like he can't do that consistently anymore from what I've seen.

His lift is gone. He was never the high flier Bron was but a young Melo could easily take someone off the dribble and finish with a dunk. Seems like he can't do that consistently anymore from what I've seen.

Now he'll beat someone of the dribble and finish with a tough, pretty lay up. Lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom