Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to burst your bubble but if your team is 5-8 seed in the west you ain't getting a Title so enjoy your time while it last :lol:

So you're finally admitting that your squad isn't a contender? Welcome back to reality :D

:lol: when did I ever say the Lakers was Title contenders I was just hoping to get in the playoffs

I'm sure you did at the beginning of the season :lol:. I'm not going back to look, that's doing too much :lol:

Who didn't think they were a title contender?

Last edited:
Bron goes 14-17 or W/E Media hypes him for having a near perfect game. Most of which are Dunks and inside the Paint shots.

Melo goes 18-26 drops 50 with not one attempt in the paint and No one gives a crap.

The level of slurping astonishing. :rofl:

Sorry to burst your bubble but if your team is 5-8 seed in the west you ain't getting a Title so enjoy your time while it last
laugh.gif

Bron goes 14-17 or W/E Media hypes him for having a near perfect game. Most of which are Dunks and inside the Paint shots.

Melo goes 18-26 drops 50 with not one attempt in the paint and No one gives a crap.

The level of slurping astonishing. :rofl:[/quote

Bron would have 10+ rebounds 10+ assists though

Let's start this Numbers Game with a rather stunning number: One. That's the number of NBA players who shoot over 50 percent in isolation sets this season (minimum 60 possessions). And that one player just happens to be Mike Conley.
LeBron James doesn't do it, Kyrie Irving doesn't do it, Kobe Bryant doesn't even come close (40.6 percent), even Kevin Durant is just a 42.2 percent shooter in iso sets. Conley shoots 52.1 percent."

More here: http://www.memphisflyer.com/Beyondt...e-pillars-of-mike-conleys-breakthrough-season

As a result of this shift in shot selection, Conley's true shooting percentage (which accounts for threes and free-throws) has improved from 52.3% (24th among starting point guards last season) to a more respectable 54.7% (14th this season). And this more dynamic overall play — Conley's usage rate is also up, from 18.9 to 21.1 — has elevated Conley toward the “borderline All-Star” tier of NBA point guards, with a Player Efficiency Rating (up from 16.8 to 18.2) that's crept into the Top Ten among starting point guards.

DA GAWD :pimp:

:lol:

Last edited:
Let's start this Numbers Game with a rather stunning number: One. That's the number of NBA players who shoot over 50 percent in isolation sets this season (minimum 60 possessions). And that one player just happens to be Mike Conley.
LeBron James doesn't do it, Kyrie Irving doesn't do it, Kobe Bryant doesn't even come close (40.6 percent), even Kevin Durant is just a 42.2 percent shooter in iso sets. Conley shoots 52.1 percent."

DA GAWD :pimp:

:lol:

but they clearly ignored the possessions per game.

conley averages 1.7 isolations plays per game compared to 6.9 for irving, 7.7 for kobe, 5.7 for durant, and 6.1 for lebron

but they clearly ignored the possessions per game.

conley averages 1.7 isolations plays per game compared to 6.9 for irving, 7.7 for kobe, 5.7 for durant, and 6.1 for lebron

In all fairness, they did use a minimum amount of possessions and stated that. Its still a great stat because no one else is doing it in the league even if their isolation plays are in Conley's range with the minimum 60 possessions or more.

Also, that number is throughout the entire season when Memphis had Rudy and ZBo on the team, who received the majority of those isolation plays. I'm sure that number has went up a little more since Rudy was moved.

I like Conley, I think he's a pretty good PG to run a team, but you need to calm down with all this slurpage. Everyone knows he's not a better iso player than any of those guys, doesnt matter what the #s say.

I like Conley, I think he's a pretty good PG to run a team, but you need to calm down with all this slurpage. Everyone knows he's not a better iso player than any of those guys, doesnt matter what the #s say.

I didn't say he was a better isolation player. Here we go with me quoting what an article says and then somebody putting words in my mouth again. Read.

Do I want Conley taking all of my shots in a 4th quarter in the isolation? No. The stat says what it says. Its a simple fact. And I'm sure you didn't even read **** else the article said, you just couldn't wait to jump on me for posting something factual? :lol:

Last edited:
So, Shaq's jersey hanging the wrong way was a mistake. The Lakers VP of public relations said the mistake would be fixed in a week or two.

Probably because 14-17 is worlds better than 18-26, and no one should really be praised for not taking a single shot inside the paint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom